Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 12:37 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
I used to love going for the family tree. We have fake ones now.......

I remember as a kid being at a farm and we had looked and looked and looked for a tree . Finally my dad sees one he likes and yells for us to all come to where he was. Standing next to the tree is a five year old girl. No parents. Just the kid. She kinda moved about 5 feet away from us and was just looking around.

We agreed on the tree as a family and my dad starts to cut it down. Right then the five year old starts screaming that were killing her tree.

My dad being the man he is does not miss beat and finishes with a "timber" yell.......

Kid is still screaming.......and her dad shows up.

He starts shoving my dad asking him why he cut his tree down. They argue about who's tree it is while we all stand there watching.

The guy and kid dissapeared to get the tree farm owner to settle the dispute....

My dad cuts the tree in half and says let's go find a tree.......

Had to be 200 people in a 200 acre field of trees wondering wtf was going on.

My dad knew the tree farm owner personally and gave him an extra 20 bucks for the chopped up tree.

My parents still.go to the farm every year to get a tree.

That's awesome. I wanted to go cut a tree this year but wife didn't want to drive out to the place. So we went to our usual Christmas tree place. Freaking $90 for a 6' tall tree. WTF is going on man. Shit's going on the curb in like 4 weeks.

They had one tree there for $500.

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
We went out to our local off road area and cut a tree down last weekend. Had fire and hotdogs .
Accidentally hit the saw on trunk while I was cleaning up the bottom of tree . Took quite a bit of meat out main trunk. Hope full it goes the distance till Christmas and doesn’t die on me . They are pretty hardy trees , last years tree had new offshoots 6”-12” long that grew while in tree stand .

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 13:42 Quote
$90 for a tree wtf that is robbery

We pay about $30 and at that price I consider looking for one in the bush.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 14:05 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
$90 for a tree wtf that is robbery

We pay about $30 and at that price I consider looking for one in the bush.

Been getting my trees there since I was a teen with my folks. Used to get my firewood there when I used my fire place. Now, the kids opened up a brewery that's connected. I think they're hoping people get drunk and just say f*ck it and buy big ass trees.

decent beer

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 14:16 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Man, reading the comments on the front page article about the adjustable coil spring really drives home how little most people understand about suspension... most of these kids can't figure out how a coil spring works, it's no wonder they can't figure out a damper and just mindlessly praise or condemn whatever the popular bit of kit is at the moment.

I was amazed by how much knowledge was dropped in the Enduro thread the last few weeks.. Seriously so much good conversation about suspension design.
For sure... there's a few legitimately knowledgeable guys in there, Thuren and RMR both know their shit.

Evening all, I was trying to follow it, need to go back and read it as I'm a suspension biff.

It's amazing how the diet thing gets people properly wound up eh?

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
MHY wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

I was amazed by how much knowledge was dropped in the Enduro thread the last few weeks.. Seriously so much good conversation about suspension design.
For sure... there's a few legitimately knowledgeable guys in there, Thuren and RMR both know their shit.

Evening all, I was trying to follow it, need to go back and read it as I'm a suspension biff.

It's amazing how the diet thing gets people properly wound up eh?
Lol, I noticed that. I eat way too much meat to get involved in that discussion. And I ain't quitting any time soon. Costco striploins are going on the grill in a couple hours.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 15:11 Quote
It's amazing how the any thing gets people properly wound up eh?[/Quote]

fyp.
pick a tribe and be a dick about it.
possibly the most succinct reflection of the decade we just survived that i can come up with.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
obee1 wrote:
It's amazing how the any thing gets people properly wound up eh?

fyp.
possibly the most succinct reflection of the decade we just survived that i can come up with.[/Quote]

Nods head

Survivors all here

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 15:46 Quote
obee1 wrote:

fyp.
possibly the most succinct reflection of the decade we just survived that i can come up with.[/Quote]

No wonder I'm not getting along. I have never been that guy. Never been a tribe guy. I was the skater that played football. The snowboarder that dated cheerleaders.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 17:08 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
obee1 wrote:
The snowboarder that dated cheerleaders.

We never "dated" the cheerleaders...we only worked on our studies of "Recreational Gynecology" with them...who had time to date? Had bike races to attend (plus, we could trade tips on shaving our legs)

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 22:52 Quote
obee1 wrote:

fyp.

Trudat man, trudat.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 17:30 Quote
boy you guys weren't kidding about chain reaction...sucking. I have always had good luck in the past but its been a few years since I have ordered anything from them. a few weeks ago I ordered a simple headset for a build since it was a good price. Paid extra for expedited 5 day shipping.... weeks later still hasn't shipped. emailed them.... no response.... no tracking information other than "initiated"...finally ordered another one from jenson that will be here by weeks end. last time I try those jokers.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 17:55 Quote
Same here. CRC doesnt have what I want. Jenson usually does. And fast.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 18:00 Quote
Jenson doesn't sell factory rejected products or questionably aquired products.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 18:13 Quote
I sell my stuff through Jenson. Wonder if I can get a deal.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.065839
Mobile Version of Website