Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 20:14 Quote
I just ordered a set of cranks through competitive cyclist they were quick and only paid the duty and taxes when it crossed the boarder no extra fees.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 21:15 Quote
I ordered some stuff on Monday from Jenson. I shopped around and couldn't beat their Black Friday/Cyber Monday prices: 11 speed shifter, derailleur, cassette, crank and bb (all XT) for $406 canuck pesos. Shipping, taxes and duty included.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 22:05 Quote
f*ck f*ck f*ck, verbal disagreements with the soon to be ex wife, because I went out of town, I drove in a snowstorm, finally got my youngest to her practice 2 minutes late and got a ton of flack for it.

I am soooo done with this!
On the plus side, got y sleds back, now I need to clean the carbs replace the fuel and hee haw, we're going sledding this weekend in a mystical place south of Revelstoke and Every early winter we go there and there is sooo much snow.

Got to get there!

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 22:44 Quote
CRC can be hit and miss even if you're more 'local'. Seems it happened when they merged with Wiggle. They now have multiple dispatch points, I wonder if that contributes to delays.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 0:45 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
I ordered some stuff on Monday from Jenson. I shopped around and couldn't beat their Black Friday/Cyber Monday prices: 11 speed shifter, derailleur, cassette, crank and bb (all XT) for $406 canuck pesos. Shipping, taxes and duty included.
Why 11 speed instead of 12?

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 6:21 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
urinalmint wrote:

I havent gone 12s yet because all the other bikes in my house are 11s. It's nice having one spare chain on the wall that can fit anything.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
I needed to save cash in a couple areas. And my fat bike is still 10 speed so if I decide to upgrade down the road I’ll just throw the 11 speed stuff on it.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 10:06 Quote
Would be keen to try the Shimano 12.... as far as SRAM goes for me as an incompetent hack their 11s are nicer. Set and forget vs constantly trying to get rid of mid cassette sloppiness with the 12s.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 10:19 Quote
I'm surprised it isn't cheaper to go 12 speed than it is to source 11 speed stuff at this point.

After having ridden it awhile now, I'm loving the AXS. Seems kind of trivial at first but it's so precise and push button actually is better than lever action. Not life changing for sure but definitely a more pronounced upgrade than just going from one group to the next usually is.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 10:27 Quote
AXS stuff is expensive, but well worth it! Loving mine.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 11:07 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
urinalmint wrote:

That's what I was thinking. New XT 12 speed is money. That's definitely what I'll be running on my next bike.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 11:08 Quote
I'm on 11 speed still easy to get what I need. The only reason for me to switch to 12 speed would be saving weight as my 11-46 cassette is a bit of a pig.

And new 12sp would mean new driver for my hub so when I get a new wheel I will look into it.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 12:36 Quote
fredro wrote:
AXS stuff is expensive, but well worth it! Loving mine.

Had a razz on a AXS equipped Megatower, bloody brilliant!

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 12:37 Quote
I rode GX 12 speed on the Ibis this past season. People who say the 12 speed GX is as good as older 11 speed XO1 are lying. The GX 12 speed is fine, I don’t regret going with it. However it definitely doesn’t shift as smooth as XO1 did. If I was to do it again I probably fork out a little more and go XO1 12 speed cuz smoother.

AXS needs a OX1 priced group set. Once that happens maybe I’ll give it a go on the next ride.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
I rode GX 12 speed on the Ibis this past season. People who say the 12 speed GX is as good as older 11 speed XO1 are lying. The GX 12 speed is fine, I don’t regret going with it. However it definitely doesn’t shift as smooth as XO1 did. If I was to do it again I probably fork out a little more and go XO1 12 speed cuz smoother.

AXS needs a OX1 priced group set. Once that happens maybe I’ll give it a go on the next ride.

GX is a solid groupo for sure. NX is not. I am hoping to try the shimano 12 speed next season.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019714
Mobile Version of Website