Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
One speed for life!

I love the simplicity of my DJ bike.

Next season will see me pimp the DJ a little more.

My big bike has been bla as of late. I really have little interest in it any more riding our trails here.

I hope to get back in shape ( lifting and cardio) for spring rugby so maybe this spring I'd like riding trails again if I am not so outa shape......

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
When I ordered the XT 12 speed wasn’t available at Jenson until mid Dec. You never know. Might go AXS. Need a new driver either way. We’ll see. Coming off of a mix of SRAM shifter and derailleur and an XT 11-42 cassette so I’m sure I’ll be fine with it for now. Especially looking forward to the 11-46 cassette.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 14:05 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Thats pretty

I’ll agree with that. What’s it going on?

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 14:40 Quote
Very nice indeed. Beer
Who did the colored lower for you?

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 14:45 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Very nice indeed. Beer

Would look good on a Barry blue frame!

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 14:54 Quote
harperrider wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Very nice indeed. Beer

Never!
Say no to pastel colored MTB.

Probably would look good on this. Skyride has one of these frames hanging in the shop right now. Looks killer. You sell yours now. Buy purple.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 14:57 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
harperrider wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Very nice indeed. Beer

Never!
Say no to pastel colored MTB.

Probably would look good on this. Skyride has one of these frames hanging in the shop right now. Looks killer. You sell yours now. Buy purple.

Never! Barry blue all the way.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 16:12 Quote
f*cking baby blue for the win! My DJ is baby blue with neon lettering from Kona.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 16:30 Quote
It's going on a brown frame. Trying to decide if I'm going to do purple or gold logos on the frame. Purple stem. Purple Seat Post collar. Purple pedals. Everything else black.

Should be sick. I still need to gather a lot of parts. Gonna take a minute to get it all built. Kind of an odd build. I'll be tuning it as a 27.5 for a now. Eventually be a mullet bike with a different fork.

Fork was painted by a local painter. It's a very expensive chameleon paint with purple candy over the top. Painted a few of them for me.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 18:11 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Sneak peak.

Fancy Fab

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 18:35 Quote
I'm surprised we dont see more limited edition runs of colors on forks and stuff. Paul components does it a bit, and so does Chris King but I cant think of a lot of other companies that do.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 18:41 Quote
husstler wrote:
I'm surprised we dont see more limited edition runs of colors on forks and stuff. Paul components does it a bit, and so does Chris King but I cant think of a lot of other companies that do.
I expect that it'd just take enough away from mass production to kill profit margins and make it not worthwhile... one misstep that leaves you with half a batch of an unpopular color and any extra money you made gets flushed trying to offload that inventory cheap.

I could see a market for upcharging people a couple hundred to pick a color for a completely custom order though. I know a number of shoe companies will do it... for their high end shoes, you can pay Lake a bit extra and get custom colors or get 4-hole speedplay soles instead of 3-hole, shit like that. I think my 4-hole road shoes were $600 instead of the standard $550 retail for 3-hole if I recall correctly. I could see that kind of model working.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 18:46 Quote
Qualifying a color takes the same energy and money for 100 units as it does for 100,000.

That’s mainly why. Resources and money.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020578
Mobile Version of Website