Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 16:20 Quote
That pic is magic crisco!

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 16:26 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Love Jack White... one of the few legitimate musicians in the industry today, and super talented.

Ordered a new GPS computer for the bike recently, a Karoo Hammerhead... just got here, holy shit this thing is huge. It's highly touted for it's mapping and, being new to this area I wanted something with better navigation than my Garmin... this definitely delivers in that area but my God, it's large. It borders on smartphone size, and the screen is gorgeous, way nicer than any Garmin or Wahoo, etc. Android based on they issue frequent updates apparently, supports a ridiculous amount of features, integrates with Strava, Training Peaks, etc... connects to Di2 or AXS, power meters, etc... and it was only $249. $200 less than a Garmin 1030 and WAY nicer in every measurable way I can see. Pretty stoked on this thing after playing with it for the last hour.

Where did you score one of them?

obee1 wrote:

love this band.

Nice

I ordered from Jenson on Dec 2 and my stuff showed up today, Dec 6. That seems impossible. It's often two days shipping from Vancouver to PG, especially around the holidays. Damn impressive.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
husstler wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Love Jack White... one of the few legitimate musicians in the industry today, and super talented.

Ordered a new GPS computer for the bike recently, a Karoo Hammerhead... just got here, holy shit this thing is huge. It's highly touted for it's mapping and, being new to this area I wanted something with better navigation than my Garmin... this definitely delivers in that area but my God, it's large. It borders on smartphone size, and the screen is gorgeous, way nicer than any Garmin or Wahoo, etc. Android based on they issue frequent updates apparently, supports a ridiculous amount of features, integrates with Strava, Training Peaks, etc... connects to Di2 or AXS, power meters, etc... and it was only $249. $200 less than a Garmin 1030 and WAY nicer in every measurable way I can see. Pretty stoked on this thing after playing with it for the last hour.

Where did you score one of them?
From their website...

https://www.hammerhead.io/products/hammerhead-karoo

Shit, just noticed they're now $399... I must've gotten a Christmas deal.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 18:24 Quote
Jesus christ.... whole main floor packed up, moved out all over the rest of the house,old floors ripped out, inconsistencies floated.... ready for new floor installation tomorrow.... my back hurts....

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 19:02 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Jesus christ.... whole main floor packed up, moved out all over the rest of the house,old floors ripped out, inconsistencies floated.... ready for new floor installation tomorrow.... my back hurts....
That's back breaking work, literally. What are you laying down?

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 19:19 Quote
[Quote="badbadleroybrown"]Love Jack White... one of the few legitimate musicians in the industry today, and super talented.

100%.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 23:31 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Its a grey laminate throughout the main floor which gets ride of a pecan oak laminate, cherry laminate and a grey washed beige laminate coupled with two entries of gross broken 90’s white tile.... should be an improvement worth the 1400$ for the materials. We just terminated two heinous floor outlets and a heating vent in front of french doors so that alone is going to look ten times cleaner.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 6:26 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Its a grey laminate throughout the main floor which gets ride of a pecan oak laminate, cherry laminate and a grey washed beige laminate coupled with two entries of gross broken 90’s white tile.... should be an improvement worth the 1400$ for the materials. We just terminated two heinous floor outlets and a heating vent in front of french doors so that alone is going to look ten times cleaner.

It'll look a million bucks, be hard wearing & you can put another job behind you

Rest them aching bones

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 8:40 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
That pic is magic crisco!

Thanks. Captures their personalities really well. Basic point and shoot camera on this one. On this tour, the White Stripes played random pre-show performances. In Saskatoon they played in a bowling alley. WInnipeg on a city bus. In Yellowknife, the rolled into the WIldcat Cafe which is the oldest restaurant in the city down near the float plane docks. That was the first and only time I went there and just happened to catch this amazing performance!

Apparently it is some sort of fat bike day so I am off to test ride some fattys. We don't really have snow and its above zero so I hope the regular bikes come out to play.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 13:23 Quote
With your place Magnum it’s ye ol Location Location Location! Twas already an incredible place... with the time and material you’re putting in hopefully the market will reward you many times over! If you’ve got some connections that shoot photos get em to come over and shoot sunrise, sunset, and the stars from around the deck. Million dollar views!!!

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 13:52 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
With your place Magnum it’s ye ol Location Location Location! Twas already an incredible place... with the time and material you’re putting in hopefully the market will reward you many times over! If you’ve got some connections that shoot photos get em to come over and shoot sunrise, sunset, and the stars from around the deck. Million dollar views!!!

Oooo good idea!

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 15:11 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Nice, that'll go down a ton easier than some choices too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019960
Mobile Version of Website