Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 16:43 Quote
Its going well just a ton of corners so slower than we hopef. But hey it goin!

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 17:53 Quote
My family puts those laminate floors in all our rentals, so I have gotten pretty proficient at installing them..

2 of my friends bought their first houses this year and my wife and I helped them tear out carpet and install the new floors.. I could never do that for a living.. I am not nearly tough enough.

We are all pretty young and can't afford labor on house projects so I just charged them on the IOU system.. So when I need a Doctor, an accountant or a school teacher, I am set. Lol

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 23:49 Quote
I tried laminate a couple time and don’t like that they become creaky too soon. Glueing down engineered wood floor seems much more durable. But more expensive.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 23:53 Quote
Axxe wrote:
I tried laminate a couple time and don’t like that they become creaky too soon. Glueing down engineered wood floor seems much more durable. But more expensive.

Our house that we bought this year is a 100 year old house with some cheap laminate floor on it.. The subfloor is absolutely not level and so our floor is super creaky.. Wife thinks it has "charm" but it bothers me.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 23:56 Quote
Axxe wrote:

It is, although in the old days, we used tongue and grove plank boards, which we would blind nail, adding glue helped to avoid any creaks later on. Laminate is a short term fix, better off going to something like Bruce engineered flooring. Did my fair share of flooring projects over 30 yrs..Never had 1 call back.

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 0:10 Quote
I did all floors myself in my current house. Widest engineered planks I found. Mostly because I hate creaking and the only way to be sure it is done right is to do it myself. Previous expensive floor there - they did not bother to level underlayment properly.

Took me few weekends but remains solid for twelve years now. Saved me a lot of money too.

If I do it again to will do nice porcelanosa tile everywhere. Did it in hallway - turned out super nice. Large format, tiny grout lines. Looks sleek af.

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 21:58 Quote

Yep, we need snow. Much more snow. Don't come here if you like your skis.

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 22:05 Quote
That's ok, I rode 40 miles today and did about 500 jumps and it was 48°F.. It was good.

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 23:17 Quote
Wanted to ride today but damn flu/cold keeps coming back. No snow on mount Washington at all.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 13:39 Quote
Local market stall I set up for an Xmas market. Ugh exhausting.

Market sale.

Stuff I m selling

More of the work I m selling

took part in a xmas market this past (and next) weekend. good show, worth doing, tiring as f*ck, way more socially demanding than my bandwidth can operate under. gotta hire someone to do the selling next time.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 14:09 Quote
Loving the Lebowski deck!

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
Escape to Victory! For me

You guys seen the Guy Martin version?

Anyway, f*ck all that, nice work Obee , like the fish in the mouth bear

Hope the boat sells, is it hollow or decked out? I can't remember previous post + lazy ass

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 15:52 Quote
My local hill has over 110" on the season already.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 16:25 Quote
obee1 wrote:
Local market stall I set up for an Xmas market. Ugh exhausting.

Market sale.

Stuff I m selling

More of the work I m selling

took part in a xmas market this past (and next) weekend. good show, worth doing, tiring as f*ck, way more socially demanding than my bandwidth can operate under. gotta hire someone to do the selling next time.

Where are you set up?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023504
Mobile Version of Website