Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 20:41 Quote
d-man wrote:
1986 venture royale
Picked up a new toy, I've always wanted a big road bike and this one fell into my lap. 1300 cc, cruise, CB, radio, and air suspension,
She got some scrapes and bruises but it's all original and I think I can pull the trailer it came on to haul my mtb

This things so badd ass! Black and gold she looks like. You better get a big gulp Soda and put it in a cup holder attachment. I saw a Guy eating a full on fast food burger meal on the freeway once and its something I have always wanted to do after seeing it. That's a zero f*cks move.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 20:44 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
People are actively hunting a 4 point buck? Please tell me that's 4 points on a single side, 8 point buck..? Still on the young side but at least that'd be passable.

i'll wager its an 8 point buck because theres so many deer and elk out here, and with d mans outdoor sensibilities, theres no way he'd bother to shoot something so small.
real talk, today on the way to work i drove by a huge moose on my schools road and on the way home couldnt count the elk i saw. now, thats not common to see so many large ungulates in my hood, but i see hunt worthy mule deer every day. and darcy lives in a wilder area than i do.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 20:44 Quote
here you go... snicker all you want. I was having fun Frown

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 20:46 Quote
I randomly came across a nice 8 point buck the other day walking the dog at the conservation park... I think was as surprised to see me as I was him, we both just kind of stood there for a minute staring at each other lol.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 20:46 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
People are actively hunting a 4 point buck? Please tell me that's 4 points on a single side, 8 point buck..? Still on the young side but at least that'd be passable.

i'll wager its an 8 point buck because theres so many deer and elk out here, and with d mans outdoor sensibilities, theres no way he'd bother to shoot something so small.
real talk, today on the way to work i drove by a huge moose on my schools road and on the way home couldnt count the elk i saw. now, thats not common to see so many large ungulates in my hood, but i see hunt worthy mule deer every day. and darcy lives in a wilder area than i do.

great bike by the way. i still dream of owning a honda CBX or a kawi mach 3.
long may you run.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 21:02 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
here you go... snicker all you want. I was having fun Frown

its actually a pretty nice photo. we can call it "the broken wagon wheel on the ghost trail".
none of the other settlers nor the fortune hunters were willing to stop and help the chuck driver, Comanche territory was certain death when the wagon train was ground to a halt.
now the claims men would see if sterling was truly a weapon as deserving as the namesake he was afforded, for a war party was already heard in the distance.

hope you didnt have too far to walk out bro. been there. least your still riding.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 21:15 Quote
its funny most folks I hear talking about racks around here seem to refer to the one side designation as in 4 point is actually an 8 point. I always wondered why they didn't just call them 8's or 12's or whatever.... seems there is two trains of thought on that according to mr googles...

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 21:19 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
its funny most folks I hear talking about racks around here seem to refer to the one side designation as in 4 point is actually an 8 point. I always wondered why they didn't just call them 8's or 12's or whatever.... seems there is two trains of thought on that according to mr googles...
Depends on context a lot... usually if you're talking regulations then it's single side, but otherwise total.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 21:34 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Depends on context a lot... usually if you're talking regulations then it's single side, but otherwise total.

hmmmm interesting.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Axxe wrote:
But does it do micro stamping? :/
The f*ck do I care, I quit playing California's bullshit games a long time ago. Bullet buttons, magazine restrictions, pistol grips with tail fins, and CA approved handgun rosters can suck it.

I hate you.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 21:51 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Salvador dali

Salvador...… hmmmm I like it.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 22:12 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Yup 4 on each side, he's a big one.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 3:08 Quote
If its brown it's down.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 6:33 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
Salvador dali

Salvador...… hmmmm I like it.

I distinctly recall that as a 10 year old kid we took a family trip to Barcelona and went through that f-d up Dali museum there. The weirdness of it blew my mind.

Can't wait until my kids are a bit older so we can start doing stuff like that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.038041
Mobile Version of Website