Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 8:07 Quote
obee1 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
here you go... snicker all you want. I was having fun Frown

its actually a pretty nice photo. we can call it "the broken wagon wheel on the ghost trail".
none of the other settlers nor the fortune hunters were willing to stop and help the chuck driver, Comanche territory was certain death when the wagon train was ground to a halt.
now the claims men would see if sterling was truly a weapon as deserving as the namesake he was afforded, for a war party was already heard in the distance.

hope you didnt have too far to walk out bro. been there. least your still riding.
The Oregon trail... your bike busted a leg and you had to shoot it.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 9:24 Quote
Man, I'm not a massive slopestyle fan but this Paul Couderc video on the front page is just plain amazing: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/must-watch-video-2-world-firsts-from-paul-couderc-in-my-war.html

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 10:34 Quote
Well, just got done catching up on the 600 posts I missed since last round... I hope everyone is doing well! Seems like things are getting better at least. I had my car break down and am the proud owner of a minivan and no f*cks are given. I am loving it! So nice to be able to turn on the tv and not listen to the kids whine about everything!! lol

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
Man, I'm not a massive slopestyle fan but this Paul Couderc video on the front page is just plain amazing: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/must-watch-video-2-world-firsts-from-paul-couderc-in-my-war.html

I always held Slope guys as kinda super heros. But have never seen anyone in real life tricking big jumps.. I was following a friend of a friend down our slopestyle jump line and homeboy does a flip whip on out 25ft double while I am like 5ft off his back tire... Litterally blew my mind. Unreal to actually ride with guys that good.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
Always pretty crazy to see in person vs watching videos. There are a few big lines around here built by pro's and to stand on the edge/lips is pretty humbling.

also below is a must watch for stupidity the lines are pretty crazy

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
urinalmint wrote:

I always held Slope guys as kinda super heros. But have never seen anyone in real life tricking big jumps.. I was following a friend of a friend down our slopestyle jump line and homeboy does a flip whip on out 25ft double while I am like 5ft off his back tire... Litterally blew my mind. Unreal to actually ride with guys that good.

daft.... when did 27 become old?

Seriously though... I don't ride with people that good. I end up in the hospital.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 12:09 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Always pretty crazy to see in person vs watching videos. There are a few big lines around here built by pro's and to stand on the edge/lips is pretty humbling.

also below is a must watch for stupidity the lines are pretty crazy

What's the chirping sound when he lands a huge jump? Compression damping? Tire bottom out?

I havent been able to figure it out.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 13:47 Quote
I thought it was his balls rubbing on the back tire being that they are steel...... but other than that its the back tire compressing into the frame or seat.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 17:33 Quote
husstler wrote:
What's the chirping sound when he lands a huge jump? Compression damping? Tire bottom out?

Suspension bottoming out and hitting the seat.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 17:48 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
here you go... snicker all you want. I was having fun Frown

That should buff right out. No problem. Snicker snicker.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 18:02 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
husstler wrote:

Figured it was something like that. I've never had the stones to make a bike sound like quite like the one in the video.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 18:08 Quote
husstler wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
husstler wrote:

Figured it was something like that. I've never had the stones to make a bike sound like quite like the one in the video.
That huck to flat at like 35 seconds was f*cking nuts. Honestly kind of surprised the bike held up.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 18:18 Quote
Yeah I was thinking the same thing that is such a massive huck.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 18:21 Quote
The curb is a berm ride was very smooth.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 18:58 Quote
I'd be curious how many rims, shocks, and frames gave their lives to the filming of that video.

At least it's not like the old days where BB shafts were snapping constantly.

Some super slow mo, like the huck to flat shots in the bike tests, would be pretty revealing too.

Active Forum Threads
5 mins ago - E.13 TRS+ cassette turmoil (I've learned things)
8 mins ago - New 2020 Rock Shox Charger RC Damper - any good? any opinions?
12 mins ago - Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
13 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
20 mins ago - Scott bikes with child seats mounted especially Yepp Maxi
34 mins ago - Carbon Damage - How to Maintain Carbon Frame?
43 mins ago - Renthal Fatbar Lite V2 black handlebars M186-01-BK - red logo - removing
1 hours ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
1 hours ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
1 hours ago - Post your Propain!
1 hours ago - Float x2 vs super deluxe ultimate vs super deluxe coil ultimate
1 hours ago - 2019 Stumpjumper Evo
2 hours ago - The Post your DH bike thread.
2 hours ago - Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
2 hours ago - Dawn Till Dusk (OVER 9000 PAGES!!!)
2 hours ago - SWINDON Trails
3 hours ago - Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
3 hours ago - Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).
3 hours ago - Bike protection on hitch mounted rack
4 hours ago - Shimano xt - any downsides to metallic pads (vs resin)?
4 hours ago - Converting Specialized Stmpjmpr (‘16) to 1x11: What Cranks? Hub change?
4 hours ago - Patrol internal cable port cover screws
4 hours ago - Crank witdh DH vs AM/Enduro
6 hours ago - The morzine-les gets thread
6 hours ago - REpOrT::gENUINE LOST LOVE SPELLS CASTER IN SANDTON +27761923297 POLOKWANE/MAURITIUS/KENYA/DURBAN/KIMBERLEY

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022493
Mobile Version of Website