Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
Killer stuff all y’all!!!

Tis the season!

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 18:12 Quote
Pretty dry here too, rode dirt, ice mud and snow last weekend.

Ran into some fitment issues with the e kit, chainstays are super wide obviously so the motor won't fit up against the drive side BB. Had to make some spacers, now chain line is ugly. Only option is pull off the last few cogs on the cassette and put a spacer on the inside.

And the Battery doesn't fit inside the frame either, it's to tall by 1/2 inch! Company won't take it back so into a back pack it goes, which isn't a bad thing maybe for winter. Keep it warmer??

Just to rub it in my wife says you told me this was a bolt on kit, wouldn't it have been easier to buy a bike with a motor already on it...wtf really!

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 19:07 Quote
I mean, she's not wrong.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 19:10 Quote
I pretty sure she said “you should go buy a motorbike”.

Happy Hoho!!!

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 22:07 Quote
What kit did you order?

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 3:03 Quote
When I saw the FSA hub motor I wanted one. But so far only OEM. And pricey.

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 6:33 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
When I saw the FSA hub motor I wanted one. But so far only OEM. And pricey.

interesting, why are you interested in their system?

I had an ebike with a rear hub motor and it proved to be just ok. the BB motors are way more effective and much better for handling than a hub motor (very rear biased and if you put out any significant power you need to have some very strong rear drop outs)

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 7:06 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
What kit did you order?
It's a Bafang bbshd with Panosonic battery.

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 7:09 Quote
husstler wrote:
I mean, she's not wrong.
For sure, I was trying to be economical for once.

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 7:11 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
I pretty sure she said “you should go buy a motorbike”.

Happy Hoho!!!
I need to buy the women's language code book and do some studying I guess

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 8:04 Quote
Hub motor ebikes suck.. Mid drive is the only way to go.

And I get the appeal financially of a kit.. But I love my turbo and how well integrated everything is.

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 8:04 Quote
Wouldn't be amazing if they made such a thing?? I have been with my wife for damn near 20 years and still got nothing!! lol

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 8:05 Quote
swan3609 wrote:

And I get the appeal financially of a kit.. But I love my turbo and how well integrated everything is.

So you are buying beer this weekend right? I mean you are the one without kids so... I hope the roads are clear for ya buddy!!

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 8:09 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

So you are buying beer this weekend right? I mean you are the one without kids so... I hope the roads are clear for ya buddy!!

Plans changed this morning. Friends are driving all the way to butte MT for us. So as much as I wanted to show you how good I am at drinking water beer, it will have to wait until another day.

I am stoked for the puppy though.. It's going to be a surprise for the wife.. We have tried to adopt 4 different rescue dogs that were all 2-7 years old.. But you never see puppy rescues..

This is the beginning of the end where I have little Swan-spawns running around.. We got the cat first, now the puppy, and kids will be next.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020477
Mobile Version of Website