Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 20:08 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
With my dad he went from feeling a little under the weather to being nearly dead in 12 hours. The doctors are pretty sure it was a side effect of one of the medications he was on at the time to help with his cholesterol.
Was that the issue you were talking about a month or two ago where they had to put him in a medically induced coma and do a bunch of surgeries over like six months? That'd be a really extreme case, I'd bet he'd been having issues chronically without realizing it and had just been toughing it out thinking his back hurt or something until it finally blew up.
Same issue, as far as his doctors could tell he hadn't had any issues with it prior. The whole thing happened 6-7 years ago so I am a little foggy about it.

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 20:26 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I really scored on the preorder, it was only $99...

Ooo even better

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 21:51 Quote
Yeah bike lights have come along way. With cheap Chinese lights forcing name brand lights to innovate a bit combined with increases in batter/lamp technology new lights look pretty good at reasonable prices.

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 6:53 Quote
I use Blackburn lights. Best bang for the buck

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 16:03 Quote
So the Kids race league that I help organize and coach sold out in 2 hours this morning. 70 spots gone. wait list with around 20. I think we are on to something here. This is 100% volunteer run. Things are looking good for my other coaching gig...DMB. Youth cycling is going off in the Loops!

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 16:12 Quote
Gemini Lights are also awesome.

Chris that’s pretty damn cool. I’d like to get something like that going here. But can’t get the heck out of volleyball at the moment. There’s Some folks here trying to cash in on cycling doing some coaching/group ride bs. Also a bit of sprokids stuff going on. But nothing Like what you have started in the Loops. Reminds me of when we were riding Galbraith two summers ago and there were several large groups of kids out riding with coaches or camp leaders or whatever. And having a blast. Some summer camp deal. It was pretty awesome to see.

Btw. Still looking for those brakes!

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 16:21 Quote
Just took my kid to a staycyc demo... freaking awesome

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 16:49 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
So the Kids race league that I help organize and coach sold out in 2 hours this morning. 70 spots gone. wait list with around 20. I think we are on to something here. This is 100% volunteer run. Things are looking good for my other coaching gig...DMB. Youth cycling is going off in the Loops!
Congrats man, that's awesome!

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Hmmm not bad price either. My cat eye is finally showing its age after 5 or 6 years of wonderful night riding. Will definitely try and puck one of these up.
Shot of it on the bars to give you an idea of the size...
Karoo Hammerhead Outbound Lighting Hangover... little light big GPS

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 17:28 Quote
What's with the iPad?

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 17:29 Quote
That’s awesome Crisco!

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:

That's rad.

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 17:38 Quote
Why you riding with an ipad on your bars?

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 18:05 Quote
It's nice to watch Netflix when I ride lol

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 18:20 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
It's nice to watch Netflix when I ride lol

I thought you were more of a Real Housewife’s kind of dude. Snicker snicker.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021523
Mobile Version of Website