Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 15:29 Quote
Was just about to say Wheels Mfg they make a nice bb with good bearings.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 19:58 Quote
Lotta f*ck yeah boiz going on here today! Yyyyyyyew!

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 20:24 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
So I was digging through the parts box looking for used bits to use on an upcoming build. Found my old set of Saint cranks with most of the black rubbed off from shoes. They looked like hell so I took a chance stripping it off with the old oven cleaner method. Have to say they turned out not too bad. Dollars saved.

Refinishing old Saint cranks.

I want to do this to my Process frame. Would look great all raw and shiny, same with the cranks. Could probably use a teardown, and a little love anyway ...

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 20:30 Quote
husstler wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
So I was digging through the parts box looking for used bits to use on an upcoming build. Found my old set of Saint cranks with most of the black rubbed off from shoes. They looked like hell so I took a chance stripping it off with the old oven cleaner method. Have to say they turned out not too bad. Dollars saved.

I want to do this to my Process frame. Would look great all raw and shiny, same with the cranks. Could probably use a teardown, and a little love anyway ...

Do it! Then I’ll know if it’s worth it...

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 20:45 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
RAW RAW RAW RAW!!!!!

lol
Those cranks you did the same thing to a while back is where I got the idea. Beer
Time and how to... insert topic here... on Youtube is all you need.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 21:05 Quote
What's a worse idea for 2020...

1. Order a flexi as gumby custom full susser from Marino

2. Order a budget build Vitus Sommet from Chain Reaction

Asking for a friend lol

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 21:11 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
RAW RAW RAW RAW!!!!!

lol
Those cranks you did the same thing to a while back is where I got the idea. Beer

yeah super easy right? They look really good shred. I actually like the gold black silver combo!

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 23:33 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
What's a worse idea for 2020...

1. Order a flexi as gumby custom full susser from Marino

2. Order a budget build Vitus Sommet from Chain Reaction

Asking for a friend lol

I didn't even know what a Vitis Sommet was. Had to look it up. lol
Vitis is the worst option, go with the Marino. 2 cents

Best option... order a 2018/2019 Commie Meta AM 29 at good pricing right now and call it job done.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 23:35 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
RAW RAW RAW RAW!!!!!

lol

yeah super easy right? They look really good shred. I actually like the gold black silver combo!

Nah, gold has to go for the scheme I'm cooking up. Already ordered a red bottom bracket.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 20:37 Quote
show and smell...

This is the project I have been dreaming up as the focal point at the house. I have been looking at pink 90's 12" square tile for three years. Put in a polished marble stack. Tight grout lines that came in interlocking sheets but man were they work to get to play nice. lots of spacers....lots. Found a silver reflective glass bead grout. Never heard of it but it really blended the different shades of grey way better than a stark white or charcoal would have. Especially since the marble has an iridescent thing going on in certain angles, so does the grout.

New fireplace surround polished marble with silver reflective glass bead grout.... oooo lalahhhh

So close to finishing this remodel... down to punch list items. Moving a toilet paper holder, sillycone around the kitchen.... shit like that. Then pressure wash and list it. Difficult to work on something so hard for a few months doing everything you wanted to do for yourself but for someone else to enjoy. Probably more common than not. beauty is I sold enough crap for a DH sled. going to look at one this week sometime.... yeeee haw!

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
Hope it fetches top dollar Ster! And hope there’s some rest and relaxation coming!!!

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
that looks great ster.
but did you say you are selling this house?

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 8:28 Quote
Oh gosh. There are things that I think about doing around here. But I never have time. I do not think I would do it for next owner though. But mostly because this place is original. Built in 1988 and never re modeled. That makes it so much easier to do a reno, because you don't need to deal with layers of previous shitty reno's. That's going to be a selling point.

But that's Whistler. I have never seen a place change hands and not be renovated. So whatever you might do to a place to sell it here will just get torn out and re done by new owners.

Too much money and excess here. That's why I'll move away when I retire. Go someplace where the groceries cost half as much. And everything else.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034410
Mobile Version of Website