Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 19:10 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
Hmmmm. How to do this without being a bad man.

Oh, here it is. Already on the interwebs:

https://nsmb.com/forum/forum/gear-4/topic/chromag-fully-131376/
Well, that certainly is interesting. I’ve been considering building a Chromag hardtail for a long time. Too long. But this is a different story.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 19:27 Quote
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/u-s-army-band-rush-time-stand-still/

Great tribute to a great individual. Have a tissue ready.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 20:00 Quote
leverfingers wrote:

Ooowweeeeee. That's a fine looking model.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 20:03 Quote
[Quote="ATV25"]
obee1 wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
Bubble? You are the one sporting a bullshit PB profile... f*cking clown.

seeing as how many of us have been on here for some time, its almost as if we can predict that a seasonal pest will present itself on this thread a few times a year. they'll arrive without introduction, assume an undeserved position of authority on something they might have just read a three paragraph article about, talk shit and hope for some sense of personal relevance through it.

they are like the pine beetles of shitposting. welcome to 2020's first shit beetle. hopefully its a sign of spring.

I hope I'm not a shit beetle, just liked reading what you guys put out, I too am an old guy, seemed like a good fit and I comment every once in a while .

A shitbeetle sounds like something Mr. Leahy would talk about.

Can you hear that, Randy?
Shitbeetles in the bark.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 20:41 Quote
[Quote="husstler"]
ATV25 wrote:
obee1 wrote:

I hope I'm not a shit beetle, just liked reading what you guys put out, I too am an old guy, seemed like a good fit and I comment every once in a while .

A shitbeetle sounds like something Mr. Leahy would talk about.

Can you hear that, Randy?
Shitbeetles in the bark.

It's Lahey mawfugga!
Put some respeck on ma name.

( i keed I keed. But that was who I was attempting to characterize.)
ATV you're welcome here IMHO. Nothing shit beetly about you.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 20:42 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
leverfingers wrote:

Well, that certainly is interesting. I’ve been considering building a Chromag hardtail for a long time. Too long. But this is a different story.

Build one... if they do release a fully I shall be very tempted

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 20:45 Quote
wrote:

Hardly... if you get the chance to meet up for a fossilization festivus do it. The boys are all very nice in person... and funny.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 21:37 Quote
I don’t like coming off like a dick but that pop in social commentary $hit pisses me off. It’s ok to have opinions but FFS come in introduce yourself and be prepared for a little intelligent back and forth then stick to what you believe. That’s how intelligent discussions go.
I’m liberal about a lot of things but I don’t like everything pretty boy Trudeau is selling. I‘m conservative about a lot of things too but also don’t like everything the conservatives are selling. Nor do I like everything about the Alberta oil sands. However I’m also smart enough to know the importance of those oil sands to the Canadian economy at this time and for some $hit beetle to come in here blatantly dismissing it all like some sort of joke is f-n stupid. I will call out that kind of stupid all day long.
In the end I don’t care if the future economy of Canada is backed by oil, solar, wind or f-n weed. All I know is the greatest country in the world needs to keep on being that and if your not into how it’s run stay the fu*k out or leave Iffy.

That’s right America. I'm down with my brothers to the south but Canada is the greatest country in the world. Come at me! lol

Now, where’s that new Totem article I’m waiting for?

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 0:09 Quote
But I'm a Formula Selva guy now. Fork rocks.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 0:26 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
I don’t like coming off like a dick but that pop in social commentary $hit pisses me off. It’s ok to have opinions but FFS come in introduce yourself and be prepared for a little intelligent back and forth then stick to what you believe. That’s how intelligent discussions go.
I’m liberal about a lot of things but I don’t like everything pretty boy Trudeau is selling. I‘m conservative about a lot of things too but also don’t like everything the conservatives are selling. Nor do I like everything about the Alberta oil sands. However I’m also smart enough to know the importance of those oil sands to the Canadian economy at this time and for some $hit beetle to come in here blatantly dismissing it all like some sort of joke is f-n stupid. I will call out that kind of stupid all day long.
In the end I don’t care if the future economy of Canada is backed by oil, solar, wind or f-n weed. All I know is the greatest country in the world needs to keep on being that and if your not into how it’s run stay the fu*k out or leave Iffy.

That’s right America. I'm down with my brothers to the south but Canada is the greatest country in the world. Come at me! lol

Lol really. No idea why America always must say we are the greatest country in the world, now Canada following into their shoes?

Patriotism is strong there isn't it?

I lived on two sides of this globe. Each country got their good and bad stuff.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 0:49 Quote
I'm the greatest country in the world...

...well, if my waistline keeps expanding at the current rate, that may be factually correct sooner than I anticipated.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 1:01 Quote
[Quote="ATV25"]
obee1 wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
Bubble? You are the one sporting a bullshit PB profile... f*cking clown.

seeing as how many of us have been on here for some time, its almost as if we can predict that a seasonal pest will present itself on this thread a few times a year. they'll arrive without introduction, assume an undeserved position of authority on something they might have just read a three paragraph article about, talk shit and hope for some sense of personal relevance through it.

they are like the pine beetles of shitposting. welcome to 2020's first shit beetle. hopefully its a sign of spring.

I was around a lot 2012 for a few years, then life got busy. Try to be around more, but life keep being busy, not the retirement plan I had in mind!

This chap will be arriving in a couple of ours for a stay with us, I took the plunge and have become a fosterer for a local branch of a rescue org.

He was unceremoniously given up after 10 years for a new puppy by his owners, he's not coping in kennels so is going to live with us untilt hey can find him a new home.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 1:06 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
Lol really. No idea why America always must say we are the greatest country in the world, now Canada following into their shoes?

Patriotism is strong there isn't it?

I lived on two sides of this globe. Each country got their good and bad stuff.
Because America is factually and demonstrably the greatest country in the world... and Canada is like our annoying little brother that runs around pretending they're more awesome than we are while we just roll our eyes and pat them on the head, and we really don't accept anyone outside of the US trying to talk shit about them.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 1:07 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

Well if the greatest country in the world wants to exploit its resources to prop up a flawed economic model for a little while so be it.

But to pop off at anyone who has a voice, like that drug lords kid, or wave an accusing finger because someone gets on a plane or drives a car does not really inspire respect and is not helpful, just petty and self delusional IMO.

From the little I know about the tar sands and the plans to develop the area it sounds like it will be a rather ugly mess.
As I pointed out the planet does not belong to a single generation we are merely guardians of it and the "economy" that we seem to accept without question as our master and serve till we die is really of no value in the long run.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019988
Mobile Version of Website