Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 1:09 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:

This chap will be arriving in a couple of ours for a stay with us, I took the plunge and have become a fosterer for a local branch of a rescue org.

He was unceremoniously given up after 10 years for a new puppy by his owners, he's not coping in kennels so is going to live with us untilt hey can find him a new home.
f*cking awesome man, good on ya... If I ever won the lotto I swear I'd buy a big ranch and empty out all the local shelters. Especially the senior dogs, I f*cking hate that people abandon aging dogs in favor of new puppies and I honestly think there should be an adoption qualifier that if you're selling out an old dog to get a puppy, f*ck you you don't get a puppy.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 1:11 Quote
iffy wrote:
the little I know
Literally the only accurate thing you said in that whole word salad of stupidity.

Get back under your bridge, Iffy.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 1:11 Quote
Tripmo wrote:

Lol really. No idea why America always must say we are the greatest country in the world, now Canada following into their shoes?

Patriotism is strong there isn't it?

I lived on two sides of this globe. Each country got their good and bad stuff.

Is it true you cannot get a bagel with poppy seeds in Singapore as they are classed as a narcotic?

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 1:13 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:

This chap will be arriving in a couple of ours for a stay with us, I took the plunge and have become a fosterer for a local branch of a rescue org.

He was unceremoniously given up after 10 years for a new puppy by his owners, he's not coping in kennels so is going to live with us untilt hey can find him a new home.
f*cking awesome man, good on ya... If I ever won the lotto I swear I'd buy a big ranch and empty out all the local shelters. Especially the senior dogs, I f*cking hate that people abandon aging dogs in favor of new puppies and I honestly think there should be an adoption qualifier that if you're selling out an old dog to get a puppy, f*ck you you don't get a puppy.

Totally agree man. I saw a video on facebook. while back of a dude in the states only adopts senior and/or dogs with terminal illness, to give them a loving home before they pass. What a f*cking amazing human.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 1:15 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
iffy wrote:
the little I know
Literally the only accurate thing you said in that whole word salad of stupidity.

Get back under your bridge, Iffy.

He's more annoying that anal warts.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 6:21 Quote
[Quote="RelapsedMandalorian"]
ATV25 wrote:
obee1 wrote:


I hope I'm not a shit beetle, just liked reading what you guys put out, I too am an old guy, seemed like a good fit and I comment every once in a while .

I was around a lot 2012 for a few years, then life got busy. Try to be around more, but life keep being busy, not the retirement plan I had in mind!


This chap will be arriving in a couple of ours for a stay with us, I took the plunge and have become a fosterer for a local branch of a rescue org.

He was unceremoniously given up after 10 years for a new puppy by his owners, he's not coping in kennels so is going to live with us untilt hey can find him a new home.
Sad someone just gives up a dog just to get a new version but good on you for taking him in.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 6:29 Quote
wrote:
Sad someone just gives up a dog just to get a new version but good on you for taking him in.

I could not imagine giving up any of my animals for a "new" one. That is a great thing you did giving that one a new home. Jackass STEVE O is trying to open a ranch for unwanted animals.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
iffy wrote:
Tripmo wrote:

Lol really. No idea why America always must say we are the greatest country in the world, now Canada following into their shoes?

Patriotism is strong there isn't it?

I lived on two sides of this globe. Each country got their good and bad stuff.

Is it true you cannot get a bagel with poppy seeds in Singapore as they are classed as a narcotic?

Yeah it's banned here. Chewing gum also.
Rules here are ridiculous.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
Wife and daughter just left for a week in Saskatchewan... back the f*ck to bed I go!!!
Wooooooo!!!
Now about accountability on the interweb, there’s f*ck all. If I acted like a ass hat on here I know of a few guys that would put me in me place and I’d deserve all of it. Or better yet having to meet any of you in person after the fact! Hahahahah imagine that , turtled up on the ground of the silver stars parking lot getting stomped by old school crew! Lol
We govern ourselves and I like it. Good work chaps keep the circle strong, not that we don’t need new links in our chain. We just don’t need weak ones .

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 8:36 Quote
I usually ask these kinds of trolls what the viable less polluting alternative is and I still have yet to hear one viable solution from anyone yet....and don't say electric that just too easy to to shoot down. Usually that we just need to live differently change the whole way society works.........sure.....

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
I usually ask these kinds of trolls what the viable less polluting alternative is and I still have yet to hear one viable solution from anyone yet....and don't say electric that just too easy to to shoot down. Usually that we just need to live differently change the whole way society works.........sure.....

An old college professor of mine, always said if someone wanted to be right that your rebuttal should always be, “while I disagree, I’d love to read the sources you are using so I can be better informed, would you please provide me the research you used to form your argument?” I love this and use this today in various formats.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
I am 50 years old and on my 4th car/truck. That in my opinion, is environmental. Compared to some I know, about 20 cars have not needed to be made in the first place to keep me going. All that manufacturing has been saved. Can I not drive what I like, burn what I like, how I like?

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 9:06 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
I usually ask these kinds of trolls what the viable less polluting alternative is and I still have yet to hear one viable solution from anyone yet....and don't say electric that just too easy to to shoot down. Usually that we just need to live differently change the whole way society works.........sure.....

An old college professor of mine, always said if someone wanted to be right that your rebuttal should always be, “while I disagree, I’d love to read the sources you are using so I can be better informed, would you please provide me the research you used to form your argument?” I love this and use this today in various formats.
That's a chicken shit answer in my opinion... attacking sources only means you don't know your own; you should be able to crush opposition based on fact not on their sources or interpretation of them. If you want to be right, your rebuttal should be "you're full of shit, and here's why..."

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 9:24 Quote
[Quote="RelapsedMandalorian"]
ATV25 wrote:
obee1 wrote:


I hope I'm not a shit beetle, just liked reading what you guys put out, I too am an old guy, seemed like a good fit and I comment every once in a while .

I was around a lot 2012 for a few years, then life got busy. Try to be around more, but life keep being busy, not the retirement plan I had in mind!


This chap will be arriving in a couple of ours for a stay with us, I took the plunge and have become a fosterer for a local branch of a rescue org.

He was unceremoniously given up after 10 years for a new puppy by his owners, he's not coping in kennels so is going to live with us untilt hey can find him a new home.

Nice looking dog.

Any of you guys want to bet on news soon of a DoggedMandalorian?

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 9:24 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
I usually ask these kinds of trolls what the viable less polluting alternative is and I still have yet to hear one viable solution from anyone yet....and don't say electric that just too easy to to shoot down. Usually that we just need to live differently change the whole way society works.........sure.....

An old college professor of mine, always said if someone wanted to be right that your rebuttal should always be, “while I disagree, I’d love to read the sources you are using so I can be better informed, would you please provide me the research you used to form your argument?” I love this and use this today in various formats.
That's a chicken shit answer in my opinion... attacking sources only means you don't know your own; you should be able to crush opposition based on fact not on their sources or interpretation of them. If you want to be right, your rebuttal should be "you're full of shit, and here's why..."

Oh that happens too. But I love catching shit bricks in a lie. Recent example from work:

Ops services director starts bashing the new oven we implemented some 200+ stores ago (yes that is considered new) saying it doesn’t have the capacity of the original oven. Makes recommendation to the ceo and president that we reconsider the move.
I ask her why she believes this to be the case, what is is her basis for this?
Here response it feels slower, and her store teams tell her that. Aka anecdotal information, no basis on facts or data
I ask if I can share something, take control of the presentation and plop the data from testing proving a significant increase in through put with the new ovens and improved quality of end product. CEO and president chuckle... end of conversation.
Sometimes you have to let fools fall on their swords. It has become my opinion, at work that when hired or promoted you are given a length of rope by the business, you can use it to pull yourself or others out of a hole or.... in this case this person is on the last loop. Maybe I’m wrong, and maybe I’m a chicken shit but it’s fun to trap dumbasses when you can.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027817
Mobile Version of Website