Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 15:11 Quote
iffy wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
f*ck... the more you talk, the dumber it gets.

zero points, no substance at all
Yes, that's correct... you make no points and have no substance. Very good, recognizing your problem is the first step. Keep on that road and mommy and daddy might let you move back into their basement.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
He's pretty stressed, today has been a slow one, giving him space and time to settle, Currently curled up on our bed between us, which is a positive step.

Dogs are alright. I just hope he's not a farter.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 15:40 Quote
Dogs are resilient, he'll learn to trust you and settle in in no time.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 15:48 Quote
Yeah it took about 6months for our adopted pup to settle.

When we first got him he would pee without warning in the house etc for no reason and also anytime he felt threatened. He hasn’t had an accident in months now and has stopped peeing when feeling threatened.

The only issue we are working with him now is he gets aggressive sometimes when he’s nervous.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 16:31 Quote
husstler wrote:
He's pretty stressed, today has been a slow one, giving him space and time to settle, Currently curled up on our bed between us, which is a positive step.

Dogs are alright. I just hope he's not a farter.

He is...

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 17:18 Quote
I bathed our old Cockapoo ( shes 12 now) and she farted in the tub. I f*cking swore there were bubbles under her tail. And stink. OMFG.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 17:51 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
photo
needs more complicate for moar betterer everything

I'd go two 29+ wheels in the front
That linkage bike is hideous... and I'm firmly against motorcycles for people who don't know how to ride motorcycles. Either learn to ride two wheels or buy a car.

100%. this goes for trikes and that other three wheeled f*ckity looking thing with the third wheel in the back.

but, i did see an old codger driving around on a trike and i'll get off my judgey soapbox and defer to case by case basis- if some old bugger still wants to feel the wind in his hair and the only way he can get after it is on three wheels- he's got my full support. not that he needs it.

jake the fest series is my favourite kind of slopey styley way to watch crazy men ride their bicycles. the crankworx and x games stuff is just too spazzy to keep track of, which gets boring to watch.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 18:07 Quote
Local dude here in town had a bad crash on Double Dog years ago. The final wood drop thingy I usually ride around. He no longer has use of his legs. He has one of those Spider 2 up front 1 wheel in the back things he straps his chair on and goes cruising. Dude like that gets a pass.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 18:22 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Local dude here in town had a bad crash on Double Dog years ago. The final wood drop thingy I usually ride around. He no longer has use of his legs. He has one of those Spider 2 up front 1 wheel in the back things he straps his chair on and goes cruising. Dude like that gets a pass.

It is crazy where stuff can go wrong. That’s awful! Fantastic that he’s keeping on keeping on though.

I believe this is the feature

mysticmountainadventures.com Copyright Jacob Johnson Not for use or publication without written permission explicitly granted

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 18:38 Quote
Deadly pic Jake!

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 18:42 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

It is crazy where stuff can go wrong. That’s awful! Fantastic that he’s keeping on keeping on though.

That's the truth... couple years ago at Snow Summit a dude died while I was up there and it was off the most mundane little feature I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't ride by it seconds after it happened. Mild slope, little wooden platform that drops maybe two feet... might be able to get three feet out of it if you were really hauling ass and launched way out on the downward slope. Older guy like us, I'm guessing not a particularly experience rider, just wadded it up and landed just right to snap his neck. Dead by the time anyone got to him to see if he was ok.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 18:46 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Deadly pic Jake!

She hates when I tell her I missed it and she need to do it again so I try not to miss!

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 18:48 Quote
I'll share, I cried with relief today, I left my marriage carrying some debt and stresses. Over time I've got rid of the stresses.

My pension lump sum arrived today, and I've got rid of the debt. It's such a nice feeling. Today is a great day.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 18:50 Quote
I'll share, I cried with relief today, I left my marriage carrying some debt and stresses. Over time I've got rid of the stresses.

My pension lump sum arrived today, and I've got rid of the debt. It's such a nice feeling. Today is a great day.
Congrats bother, that's a huge milestone and an achievement fewer and fewer people are realizing these days.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 18:52 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

mysticmountainadventures.com Copyright Jacob Johnson Not for use or publication without written permission explicitly granted

Yep that’s it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.067545
Mobile Version of Website