Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 18:52 Quote
That’s messed up BBLB!!! Incidents like what you and Shred are talking about are what had us pull the pin on the 9-5... we can always go back to work but shit goes wrong way too often and we can’t get our health or our lives back.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 18:55 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
I'll share, I cried with relief today, I left my marriage carrying some debt and stresses. Over time I've got rid of the stresses.

My pension lump sum arrived today, and I've got rid of the debt. It's such a nice feeling. Today is a great day.

CONGRATS!!! Savour it!

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 19:00 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
Ha! I gave y’all one of the most bizarre bikes created, and brendog doing one hander landers... instead we’re in the school yard having “my dad is stronger than your dad” arguments. We can do better.

I did a nice like 3.5hr e bike spin yesterday. got a tick almost in my taint. Had some fun. Used up all my travel.

there... that help? Now we can yell at eachother about e bikes instead of finances.
Must wear chamois

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 19:02 Quote
iffy wrote:
ebikes are not bicycles.
Correct they are e bicycles, you're smrt

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 19:03 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I'll share, I cried with relief today, I left my marriage carrying some debt and stresses. Over time I've got rid of the stresses.

My pension lump sum arrived today, and I've got rid of the debt. It's such a nice feeling. Today is a great day.
Congrats bother, that's a huge milestone and an achievement fewer and fewer people are realizing these days.

I here this. When I got my severance pay lump sum I did the calculations on how long I could be without work and pay off some outstanding debt as well. It wasn’t a huge amount owing but enough it felt great to be rid of it and have a zero balance. Only down side is I do have to get back to work sooner than later. Part time overnight gig interview tomorrow. Put a little money back in the kitty while still looking for the right full time gig.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 19:08 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Part time overnight gig interview tomorrow.

Hopefully your first client is Richard Gere!

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 19:10 Quote
I rode on of those can am three wheeled things. Went like snot. Stopped like a mofo. Turned like a U boat.

After three burnouts and a full throttle launch I was asked to return it to the demo.........lol. The demo was in a college parking lot so they could still see me.......

Three weeks later the same crew was at a different spot and I rode up on my Nightrod special. The dude recognized me. He commented that my "Harley" was not really modern and I had settled for old tech.

The NightRod has a liquid cooled motor developed by Porshe. Its basically a huge European thumper. Duh.

f*cking no nothing shit stain sales morons.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 19:15 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Part time overnight gig interview tomorrow.

Hopefully your first client is Richard Gere!

Ha!

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 19:36 Quote
Don't know if you guys follow NASCAR but Ryan Newman had a terrible accident. Upside down , another car hit the driver's side caving in the "Halo" bars. Please pray for him

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 19:58 Quote
Just saw that his injuries are not life threatening, such great news !

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 20:03 Quote

Salute

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 20:06 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Local dude here in town had a bad crash on Double Dog years ago. The final wood drop thingy I usually ride around. He no longer has use of his legs. He has one of those Spider 2 up front 1 wheel in the back things he straps his chair on and goes cruising. Dude like that gets a pass.

It is crazy where stuff can go wrong. That’s awful! Fantastic that he’s keeping on keeping on though.

I believe this is the feature

That's the truth... couple years ago at Snow Summit a dude died while I was up there and it was off the most mundane little feature I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't ride by it seconds after it happened. Mild slope, little wooden platform that drops maybe two feet... might be able to get three feet out of it if you were really hauling ass and launched way out on the downward slope. Older guy like us, I'm guessing not a particularly experience rider, just wadded it up and landed just right to snap his neck. Dead by the time anyone got to him to see if he was ok.

Crazy shit can happen whenever..

The avalanche that killed 3 and buried 8 here at Silver Mt a few weeks back?

I have skied that run at least 200 times with more snow than they have when that slid... Most of the time by myself and it's in bounds.. So f*ck all for avy equipment.

My Cousin in law was the first person on the traverse that wasn't buried. And he personally dug out the first dead guy and then one of the survivors. It shook him up really bad, and he is a firefighter that has seen stuff..

He was always kinda up tight over simple stuff, but it totally changed his entire life outlook.. He realized that it really could all come to an end today if it's your time.. So the small things don't really matter.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 20:30 Quote
Yep you never know. A local rider I knew had a heart attack on the trail and died. Shit happens you gotta enjoy it while your here.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 20:32 Quote
You hear all the quotes of embracing death in order to live. It's so true if not cheesy sometimes. My career taught me that harsh lesson, lost a few mates over the years, avoided the IEDs and ambushes, but died in RTAs or by their own hand.

I try, with some success to just say f*ck it and make the most of what I've got. Could all end tomorrow.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 20:38 Quote
On a lighter note, anyone else enjoy the Vanderham article on the front page?

That era of dudes I'd love to ride with, seem so chill.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020172
Mobile Version of Website