Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 20:39 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
On a lighter note, anyone else enjoy the Vanderham article on the front page?

That era of dudes I'd love to ride with, seem so chill.

The lap with Simmons and Vanderham looked awesome! Just two dudes playing bikes in the woods.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 21:43 Quote
Exactly how I got started with all things bike. BMX in the streets then later MTB the river valley of Edmonton Alberta. Cool video, brought back some fond memories of my yutes.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 21:56 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Exactly how I got started with all things bike. BMX in the streets then later MTB the river valley of Edmonton Alberta. Cool video, brought back some fond memories of my yutes.

The days when calling on your mates was a ride to their house not a WhatsApp.

Glory days cruising around on bikes making your own entertainment.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 23:00 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

The days when calling on your mates was a ride to their house not a WhatsApp.

Glory days cruising around on bikes making your own entertainment.

Beer

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 23:07 Quote
The days before cell, cable, internet. Just get out and live and trust. Definitely a time I reminisce about. Be home before dark. Ok.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 23:13 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
The days before cell, cable, internet. Just get out and live and trust. Definitely a time I reminisce about. Be home before dark. Ok.

We all experienced a good era. I am happy I grew up without mobile, internet, etc.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 23:22 Quote
Went skiing yesterday, 70 cm of snowfall overnight and zero cell reception within an hour of the hill. I've found a new favorite place.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 23:27 Quote
So I just learned that Gwyneth Paltrow is selling 100$ candles that smell like her ... um.... vagina. I’m going to stick with sandalwood.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 23:34 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Went skiing yesterday, 70 cm of snowfall overnight and zero cell reception within an hour of the hill. I've found a new favorite place.

I went skiing today and it kind of sucked. No snow at Tahoe recently.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 23:36 Quote
d-man wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
Ha! I gave y’all one of the most bizarre bikes created, and brendog doing one hander landers... instead we’re in the school yard having “my dad is stronger than your dad” arguments. We can do better.

I did a nice like 3.5hr e bike spin yesterday. got a tick almost in my taint. Had some fun. Used up all my travel.

there... that help? Now we can yell at eachother about e bikes instead of finances.
Must wear chamois

one of the rare times I did.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 23:38 Quote
Axxe wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Dude it's so bad. I didn't put a single day in in Feb. I'm hoping for a killer March or this will go down as the worst non injury season I've ever had. It's bullshit. Nothing on the horizon either.

I'm seeing some changes happening the end of next week I'm just hoping it results in more than 2 inches and a shit ton of wind.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 23:38 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
So I just learned that Gwyneth Paltrow is selling 100$ candles that smell like her ... um.... vagina. I’m going to stick with sandalwood.

I didn't believe you, so I googled it. Like wtf it's real....

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 23:40 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
d-man wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

I did a nice like 3.5hr e bike spin yesterday. got a tick almost in my taint. Had some fun. Used up all my travel.

there... that help? Now we can yell at eachother about e bikes instead of finances.
Must wear chamois

one of the rare times I did.

I am probably the youngest one in this thread... And I am probably the biggest Ebike fan.. I honestly don't think I am buying a regular trail bike this year since I bough my Levo.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 23:45 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I didn't believe you, so I googled it. Like wtf it's real....

Yeah I am confused. Can I sell one for 100$ that smells like my junk after a long day in the saddle?

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 0:05 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Axxe wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Dude it's so bad. I didn't put a single day in in Feb. I'm hoping for a killer March or this will go down as the worst non injury season I've ever had. It's bullshit. Nothing on the horizon either.

I'm seeing some changes happening the end of next week I'm just hoping it results in more than 2 inches and a shit ton of wind.

But. I got my new shitty snow skis. Got Kastle Fx85 in 173cm on closeout. I usually ski 180cm and 100mm. Silly fun. Stiff little buggers with plenty rocket to ski even shorter. Set them up with pivot 14 I had around. Hooligan skis.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.042646
Mobile Version of Website