Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 16:20 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
You f*ckers sure talk a lot! This is my reminder I need to go back and read from 7216.
You want some too?????? Lol

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 17:08 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
ALWAYS!!!!! lol

Welcome back to the Old Lady’s thread.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 17:26 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Aaaaaaand were sill dealing with Iffy's trolling. Facepalm

Yeah, he's like a bad case of herpes, just keeps coming back and annoying ya with the incessant itching...

Just ordered a pair of the new Adidas/Five Ten trail cross mids. They'll work well with pants, probably look a bit Forrest Gump with shorts though.

Going to view a van Friday, i'll pull the trigger on it if it's as good in the flesh, then job interview Monday. Busy times!

I need a pair of these. Will be on the lookout for a deal at a shop where I can actually try them on.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 17:39 Quote
Funny thing: I've been on flats for years. And 5.10's. But last year I got a new pair and they hurt my feet badly. And also had too much grip. So I rode all summer on Marks Work Wearhouse Ripzone kicks. I wore the 5.10's a couple of times, for park and shuttle rides with younger folk, but couldn't walk properly for a few days after.

They are the freerider pro model. I might just chuck them and get regular free rider (non pro) model.

The pedals are Chromag Contact pedals. Sooper grippy. Good enough for Brandon, good enough for me.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 17:52 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
Funny thing: I've been on flats for years. And 5.10's. But last year I got a new pair and they hurt my feet badly. And also had too much grip. So I rode all summer on Marks Work Wearhouse Ripzone kicks. I wore the 5.10's a couple of times, for park and shuttle rides with younger folk, but couldn't walk properly for a few days after.

They are the freerider pro model. I might just chuck them and get regular free rider (non pro) model.

The pedals are Chromag Contact pedals. Sooper grippy. Good enough for Brandon, good enough for me.

They got smaller. I had to 1/2 size up.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 18:13 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
ALWAYS!!!!! lol

Welcome back to the Old Lady’s thread.

Been busy and you bitches post a lot. And thank ya sir!!

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 20:08 Quote
leverfingers wrote:

Freerider seems too flat sole ,skate shoe look to them. I’ve never wore a pair but it has steered me towards the impact low and impact high tops . I should order new set of the high tops for this season , slap a superfeet insole in and they last 4-5 seasons.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 20:10 Quote
Let’s just be clear, lots of bike shoes give me a Forest gump vibe lol

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 20:12 Quote
i can see that, I have ankle issues which makes my arches pretty much non existent, always wearing flat soled shoes doesn't help it either, but I like the look so yolo

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 20:20 Quote
I perceive a disturbance in the force. Things are starting to swirl.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 20:21 Quote
I've tried so many "MTB flat shoes" and I usually end up running vans halfcab pro's...

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 20:25 Quote
Shimano. I like their flat shoes.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 20:26 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
I've tried so many "MTB flat shoes" and I usually end up running vans halfcab pro's...

I did that for years. I’d put customers m plastic inserts for added stiffness. Lol

You try ride concepts yet? I love mine

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 20:40 Quote
I've been running FiveTen Freerider Contracts for awhile and they're comfortable on the bike... wouldn't want to walk more than a couple miles in them but they're fine on the bike.

The old school impacts were just all around comfortable.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028237
Mobile Version of Website