Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 9:28 Quote
Think we need the ban sledgehammer. Not just the claw hammer.

I buy off Amazon. I live in a small city where the selection is shit. If I can get it in a local store , box or not , I will. Especially if it's something I know will work for the purpose.

But If I am going to have drive 40 min to get the same product than is usually the same price or cheaper delivered to my door that would make no sence. Pay more for something or settle for something that wasn't exactly what I needed? Nope.

Now I drove 49 min to get rugby boots as I needed to try them on. I could have come home and ordered then off Amazon once I knew what I wanted. But instead I got them there as the money was already spent on the gas to get there. Plus I got to meet some cool guys who I'll be playing against this spring.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 9:35 Quote
Ooooops... nothing to see here.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 12:16 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Why is the silly git back?

dunno. i contacted Radek and another mod, but they are slow to respond. perhaps others should chime in.

sad to actually witness another adult who, being so desperate to feel relevant, willingly engages a group of men who consistently disagree with, ignore or wish your existence in the conversation to disappear. i can only imagine that it happens to Iffy so often in real life that the experience doesn't seem in any way unnatural for him.
i couldn't imagine experiencing a group of people who all criticize my behaviour and lament my existence, and then i continue to attempt to associate with the group, and yet i don't change my behaviour. theres an element of insanity to this attitude.
if iffy actually has the courage to listen to what i'm saying i would strongly encourage him to reflect on his relationships in real life, ask some tough questions of those around him who are honest, and make some changes or seek help from others who can.
tough talk i suppose, but "f*ck off" doesn't seem to be working with him.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 12:22 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
obee1 wrote:
gypsy king v. wilder was a super entertaining way for me to lose a bet. tyson fury looked amazing.
Just watched the highlights. Damn Fury is so smooth for such a massive man. Other guys certainly have more punching power but that guy can box.

spot on minty. so so so so smooth. a boxer other boxers admire, which is rare. as for punching power, imho the difference in this fight from the last was seeing Fury really sit down on his punches and establish a very heavy jab. the shot that burst deontays eardrum( amatuer couch based medical diagnosis that it is) would have given most boxers an exorcism. respect to wilders toughness. dude could never balance himself again after that shot, his equilibrium was gone, but he lasted what five more rounds? lionhearted for sure.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
It's always sad to see someone show up to a battle of wits unarmed.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 13:15 Quote
In the end...which parts mattered?
Heaven and Hell are of your very own making...right here, right now. Not later.
Is your journey pleasant?

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 13:17 Quote
A maker of pleasing sounds for example.....She's a keeper

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 13:17 Quote
loopie wrote:
In the end...which parts mattered?
Heaven and Hell are of your very own making...right here, right now. Not later.
Is your journey pleasant?

Truth.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 17:27 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
ATV25 wrote:
So true, I myself am guilty . I have NEVER purchased anything from Amazon but I do spend to much time on eBay .
I'm super guilty... I've bought all kinds of shit from Amazon and dozens of other online retailers. The push to blame them is just individuals refusing to take responsibility for their own actions. I'd love to support brick and mortar but, if I'm being honest, I love being able to buy whatever I want at 2am and have it shipped to my door in 48 hours more. I'm killing brick and mortar, not Amazon.

Guilty AF over here. Amazon is especially powerful in a smaller city like Kamloops where you have limited options.
Same. Small town shopping sucks. Pretty hard to resist having something overnighted to you instead of driving eight hours to go shop for it. Amazon, Jenson, CRC in the past, all good.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 18:29 Quote
Exactly! Logic has to prevail.........

Unless your a troll.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 19:47 Quote
Always a few sides to a coin...

Just went to a gym and hit a heavy bag for the first time in years.... there’s some serious outtashapeness goin on in that department... I wouldn’t last one round

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 21:04 Quote
straight up hard rock...

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 7:22 Quote
obee1 wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
obee1 wrote:
gypsy king v. wilder was a super entertaining way for me to lose a bet. tyson fury looked amazing.
Just watched the highlights. Damn Fury is so smooth for such a massive man. Other guys certainly have more punching power but that guy can box.

spot on minty. so so so so smooth. a boxer other boxers admire, which is rare. as for punching power, imho the difference in this fight from the last was seeing Fury really sit down on his punches and establish a very heavy jab. the shot that burst deontays eardrum( amatuer couch based medical diagnosis that it is) would have given most boxers an exorcism. respect to wilders toughness. dude could never balance himself again after that shot, his equilibrium was gone, but he lasted what five more rounds? lionhearted for sure.
Good call. I’m watching the whole fight again at work right now. So far Wilder won in the walk out department. Jeezus. Those things are getting to be like a fully scripted performances!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020259
Mobile Version of Website