Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 7:45 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
obee1 wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
Just watched the highlights. Damn Fury is so smooth for such a massive man. Other guys certainly have more punching power but that guy can box.

spot on minty. so so so so smooth. a boxer other boxers admire, which is rare. as for punching power, imho the difference in this fight from the last was seeing Fury really sit down on his punches and establish a very heavy jab. the shot that burst deontays eardrum( amatuer couch based medical diagnosis that it is) would have given most boxers an exorcism. respect to wilders toughness. dude could never balance himself again after that shot, his equilibrium was gone, but he lasted what five more rounds? lionhearted for sure.
Good call. I’m watching the whole fight again at work right now. So far Wilder won in the walk out department. Jeezus. Those things are getting to be like a fully scripted performances!

Brought to you by the WWF . . . LOL

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 8:26 Quote
Those entrance acts are longer than WWE entrances. LOL I made myself a cup of coffee, went to the toilet, got my mtb clothes and sat down infront of the TV before the ref even started talking to them. That was around 7am here.

And I can say the toebox on the RC Hellcats are awesome. Managed to get caught out by a small stump at speed. There was a loud noise, bike went sideways, I felt my foot hitting something. Stopped, looked back and saw the culprit. Inspected shoe and all is good. Impact reminded me of what a safety shoe would do.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 11:12 Quote
No fancy outfit. No throne being carried in by hot chicks. Nothing NOTHING is going to eclipse the absurdity of watching Tyson fury knockout the most dangerous puncher in heavyweight history..... And then karaoke acapella sing every bar of " bye bye American pie" while attempting to get the bewildered crowd to sing along.

After licking Wilders brain blood off his shoulder in the clinch.
Crazy Irish.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 11:13 Quote
Had an interview today, got a call this afternoon inviting me back for a second one on Friday!

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 11:28 Quote
obee1 wrote:
No fancy outfit. No throne being carried in by hot chicks. Nothing NOTHING is going to eclipse the absurdity of watching Tyson fury knockout the most dangerous puncher in heavyweight history..... And then karaoke acapella sing every bar of " bye bye American pie" while attempting to get the bewildered crowd to sing along.

After licking Wilders brain blood off his shoulder in the clinch.
Crazy Irish.
Yup. The only thing missing was that ref taking a shot on the break. I almost typed “that little ref” then I realized he’s probably at least like 6’2 or something. Those are two huge dudes showing crazy athleticism.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
Had an interview today, got a call this afternoon inviting me back for a second one on Friday!

AWESOME ! GOOD LUCK !!!

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 12:28 Quote

Nice! May the force be with you

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 12:34 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Nice! May the force be with you

Gotta graft for those bounties these days.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 14:25 Quote

Atta boy. Hope the second goes well.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
Good luck Mandalorian!

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 16:51 Quote
ahhhh I need to ride more powder. I went for a few hours at Nakiska just west of Calgary on a couple of fresh inches from overnight but it's nothing like Fernie. Bummer, time to go sledding!

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 17:13 Quote
Just watched the Warner, Peaty, Page vid on the front page can only imagine that is what this lot would be like out on the trails together. Which makes me all that more mad I missed fossil fest but all that more excited to participate one day..

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/must-watch-peaty-warner-longden-and-pagey-have-a-grand-old-day-out-at-bike-park-wales.html

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 17:21 Quote
jerome wrote:
ahhhh I need to ride more powder. I went for a few hours at Nakiska just west of Calgary on a couple of fresh inches from overnight but it's nothing like Fernie. Bummer, time to go sledding!

What's that? We haven't had snow in a month and we're looking at 2 more weeks at least of no snow. At this rate the freaking resorts are going to start closing before we get more snow. I was up there this weekend and usable snow level is pushing up around 7k feet. I've only seen it this bad at this time of year maybe 3 times in 30 years. And we had a mammoth start to the season.... that's the only reason places are still open.

I've got a 3 day trip planned in a couple weeks and 2 more trips after that. Was going to get the kids up in April for a weekend. Who the heck knows if any of that's gonna happen. Something tells me I should bring golf clubs and an e-bike with me on the next trip. Riding up there is killer right now but I'm too fat to do it without cheating for more than an hour.

Rather ride for 4 hours than 1.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 17:34 Quote
yeah well Fernie settled base is sitting at 304 cms so that's good but just a bit fart for a day trip!

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 17:45 Quote
jerome wrote:
Time for the glacier!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.042397
Mobile Version of Website