Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 16:07 Quote
As someone who plays guitar I’m always aware of how loud things get. I keep a decibel reading the room with me. I play around 90-100 dB peaking at 106-107 dB a couple of times. I’m not sure how old school rock dudes played with everything on 10 but I guess that’s why so many are deaf. Lol

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 16:16 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
Friends band.

I can totally dig on this. nice heavy keys, good vocals and closed it out with a pretty dark doom pop run.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 19:02 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
Friends band.

Could bone to that

Tales from the road

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 20:06 Quote
Interesting bike news....

I spoke to my Marin rep and he said this f*cking corona virus is messing with their shipments from asia. Crazy. News is talking that it is close to a pandemic. When was the last time there was a pandemic? SARS? Dang. I already work in a germ factory so this is not good news.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 20:27 Quote
Whether fear mongering, hype, or science... there are some that are saying corona is disease x that’s been long anticipated and could wipe out significant populations.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 20:31 Quote
Nah. Not as bad as 1918 flu.

Will trim some old folks mostly. Which is good for the economy.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 20:34 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
Interesting bike news....

I spoke to my Marin rep and he said this f*cking corona virus is messing with their shipments from asia. Crazy. News is talking that it is close to a pandemic. When was the last time there was a pandemic? SARS? Dang. I already work in a germ factory so this is not good news.

Last one was swine flu in 2009? SARS and MERS has been super deadly but not too virulent.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 20:52 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Whether fear mongering, hype, or science... there are some that are saying corona is disease x that’s been long anticipated and could wipe out significant populations.

I think it will hit some parts of the world super hard, and some not so much. Then we will hold benefit concerts to lament and self flaggelate our "racist" response to the virus.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 20:54 Quote
I wonder how fast they will mass produce vaccine this time. A year?

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 20:54 Quote
I had the Corona virus in Mexico a few times...

For Shred.... so rad...

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 20:58 Quote
If anyone wants to nerd out

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid-19---24-february-2020

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 21:05 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
We should be so lucky... For all the inequality and global warming tears and fears, a massive depopulation event is realistically the only solution to what ails the world.

But, unfortunately, this isn't that day. This is just a bioengineered weapon deployed by China to put a halt to the protests that broke containment. It's not particularly virulent or even that deadly, it's just big on the TV news cause it's new and they can use it to make the world seem scary.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 21:17 Quote
I’m not ready to die just yet... But I do tend to think nature will solve the people problem sooner or later.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 22:28 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I had the Corona virus in Mexico a few times...

For Shred.... so rad...

That's one fugly guitar and I don't think it sounds like any of those other guitars he mentioned. That said I will give him props for innovation and those whole tone sounds up top could be very cool for ambient sounds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020943
Mobile Version of Website