Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
Or we just hook this shizzle up, I am down with that.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
Guns are the way to go until bullets become a problem. Assault rifle, short shotgun and hand cannon. Basses covered.
After that Katana and a short sword for close encounters in tight spaces.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 13:26 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
Or we just hook this shizzle up, I am down with that.

Well that's a mini van I could get down with. lol

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 13:30 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Guns are the way to go until bullets become a problem. Assault rifle, short shotgun and hand cannon. Basses covered.
After that Katana and a short sword for close encounters in tight spaces.

Big fan of a solid punch dagger. Managed to get my hands on one in the states, had it for years mounted to my body armour. Then at the end of my last tour of Herrick an over zealous MP confiscated as it was double edged, not issued and I had no reason to have it.

I asked her "did you ever leave the wire on your tour? If you did you'd know the reason why I have it".

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 13:38 Quote
Leave the wire? Meaning compound or base?

Mythbusters did a fun show on whether guns or axes would work better on a zombie horde. Axe won.

Samari sword is prob the best u less bullets and distance are unlimited I'd think.

I'll admit I am a little worried about this virus. Same as SARS and the others I guess.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
This Coronavirus is concerning for sure. Let's just say I'm happy we are going to Phoenix in three weeks and not Bali like last March.

Bike build is getting close. Frame is here, getting the headset pressed today. Got the fork sorted though. New decals and extra firm spring swapped in:

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 13:58 Quote
whoadragon wrote:

Mythbusters did a fun show on whether guns or axes would work better on a zombie horde. Axe won.

Samari sword is prob the best u less bullets and distance are unlimited I'd think.

I'll admit I am a little worried about this virus. Same as SARS and the others I guess.

Yeah, a lot were FOBites so were a little detached from the potential danger the three crew of a helicopter could face if we went wheels on somewhere insecure. Last ditch that thing was gonna get used if they got too close.

Bastion was surreal, people smashing pizza hut while troops in the patrol bases were on rations. My job gave me a deep respect and sense of affinity with the groundpounders.

My mate lost his shit with one clerk after she was bitching about no bacon at breakfast. The day before my buddy had to go and film the aftermath of the ambush on the food convoy that cost a few drivers their lives.

For some it was a holiday in the sun, for others it was serious work.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
whoadragon wrote:

Yeah, a lot were FOBites so were a little detached from the potential danger the three crew of a helicopter could face if we went wheels on somewhere insecure. Last ditch that thing was gonna get used if they got too close.

Bastion was surreal, people smashing pizza hut while troops in the patrol bases were on rations. My job gave me a deep respect and sense of affinity with the groundpounders.

My mate lost his shit with one clerk after she was bitching about no bacon at breakfast. The day before my buddy had to go and film the aftermath of the ambush on the food convoy that cost a few drivers their lives.

For some it was a holiday in the sun, for others it was serious work.

dude i cannot believe an MP would give you shit for that. i would want at least three quick and stabby tools on my person if i was out on patrol. especially from a helicopter.

i remember a few years back you posted the most awesome photos of your desk job at night. the tracer round looked like stormtrooper lazers. glad you "safely-?" finished your tour.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:00 Quote
I'd go samari sword for zombi killin. Looks like a pretty efficient tool.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:06 Quote
The only weapon effective against a zombie attack is a hot beef injection...

Just signed... bitter sweet... house closes Friday.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:52 Quote
AR10 for when they're far away... AR15 for when they start to get closer... P320 w/red dot for when they get close... KSG loaded with 00 buck for when they get thick. I've got plenty of ammo.

Judicious marksmanship and range is worth more than all the Samurai swords on earth...

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:57 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
AR10 for when they're far away... AR15 for when they start to get closer... P320 w/red dot for when they get close... KSG loaded with 00 buck for when they get thick. I've got plenty of ammo.

Judicious marksmanship and range is worth more than all the Samurai swords on earth...

The problem is.. I have 10k rounds of 556... But moving that much ammo is such a pain in the ass.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 17:02 Quote
KSG? How do you like that bull pup? I thought about adding it for shits and giggles, but not sure.
My current at the ready home kit is 627 v-comp 8 shooter with an extra moon clip of xtreme defender .357 and beretta 1301 with buckshot - which I acquired after liking A400 very much. Should be enough to get to the safe for the rest. FN FNAR would be my long distance choice. It’s accurate and soft shooting. 10mm Glocks for close. Finally with a stash of proper 15 round mags. Thank you judge Benitez.
About 10k rounds of 10mm, 308, 556, 12 gauge 357mag, and 9mm for my ladies. Don’t count .22. Need bigger stash.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 17:20 Quote
I miss my CCI/Federal job.. I was buying ammo at litterally 25% of retail. I should have bought more when I was there.

I carry and shoot 9mm through a XDs and XDm. Then just have a basic AR built out of buddies parts bins.. Wouldn't trust myself that much in a SHTF situation with the AR as I never really do much more than plink with it.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027603
Mobile Version of Website