Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 18:07 Quote
Was shooting this weekend with my brother who enjoys firearms, I like shooting but don’t own any currently. We were shooting an ar15 blackout, a KP-9, G-17 and my favorite which was a Accuracy international AT308 (6.5 creed barrel on wait) with vortex razor hd II 4.5-27x and top it off a newly acquired suppressor... I had a blast at 100+ yds. The addition of the suppressor calmed the rifle down, im a jumpy dude and it helped me. I know nothing about guns but really loved shooting all but the pistol. Pistols are aggravating to me. I just can’t figure them out. I might just start taking a class to get better.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 18:12 Quote
Archery.

That is all.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 18:15 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Archery.

That is all.

I miss my bow... I even have the yard to use it now. I’ll have to get another someday.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
AR10 for when they're far away... AR15 for when they start to get closer... P320 w/red dot for when they get close... KSG loaded with 00 buck for when they get thick. I've got plenty of ammo.

Judicious marksmanship and range is worth more than all the Samurai swords on earth...

well of course. killing from a distance is one of the most significant differentiators between humans and every other species on earth. i was just pondering the previously posted kit.
now that i think about it though, i wasnt considering this a zombie combat option discussion.
in that case, whatever guns leroy thinks i should use or what i could borrow from my neighbour whose basement is a f*cking gun locker, a few strong horses as transport and a loyal dog as sentinel support, a nice recurve bow and long and short katana and we good. coupla gransfors axes would likely pack somewheres as well....

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 18:34 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
whoadragon wrote:
Archery.

That is all.

I miss my bow... I even have the yard to use it now. I’ll have to get another someday.

dude if you can shoot on your property just plant a few 3D targets and you might end every day with a meditative dose of uninterrupted hundred shot. think of the fun and relaxation.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 18:46 Quote
The city where I live just procured a $6.7mil grant for park improvements. Bike park is on the agenda

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 18:46 Quote
Really like the KSG... run it with an eotech exps3 and it's a pretty ideal cqb room clearer. 14 rounds between two tube magazines. Kicks like a mule but otherwise it's supremely controllable and surprisingly accurate.

I'd love to get a bow, been forever since I shot one but they're a blast.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 19:06 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
The city where I live just procured a $6.7mil grant for park improvements. Bike park is on the agenda

If it’s anything like here that means build a pump track, never maintain it, and call it done.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 19:35 Quote
obee1 wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
whoadragon wrote:
Archery.

That is all.

I miss my bow... I even have the yard to use it now. I’ll have to get another someday.

dude if you can shoot on your property just plant a few 3D targets and you might end every day with a meditative dose of uninterrupted hundred shot. think of the fun and relaxation.

Might get the kiddos a bow and me a recurve for fun. Shooting off the deck is the goal! Just got to make sure the dogs go inside...

Last bow I had became very useful when a chicken we picked up grew into a rooster... one of those guillotine arrow heads clipped the head right off form 15yds out.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 19:38 Quote
I I know what you mean about lack of maintenance. Most of our parks are 5 at best on a scale of 1 to 10 ! They have a "junior" bike park now consisting of a stabilized DG pump track a couple of teeter totter things and a small jump line that has been kept up WAY better than I ever would have expected and the skatepark is right next to it and it has held up well over the years. The architectural renderings have an asphalt pump track along with some jump lines of some sort of a skill building section consisting of logs tires etc. Our company will bid on phases of the construction. We are currently working on three City projects and have a good rapport with the inspectors, but it will be LOW BID and probably turn out like crap. I am hoping for the best !!!

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 20:36 Quote
husstler wrote:
ATV25 wrote:
The city where I live just procured a $6.7mil grant for park improvements. Bike park is on the agenda

If it’s anything like here that means build a pump track, never maintain it, and call it done.

That's why I have been absolutely firm with the paved pumptrack or no pumptrack mindset when people have asked me to get involved with a pumptrack.. Trailbuilders come and go and I have seen too many dirt jumps and pumptrack wither away to deal with non paved pumptracks..

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 21:41 Quote
Local jump park is in great condition. Not sure where the maintenance comes from the users, village or bike club.

It's right next to the BMX track and a tail head is right there for the rest of the network.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 22:34 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Really like the KSG... run it with an eotech exps3 and it's a pretty ideal cqb room clearer. 14 rounds between two tube magazines. Kicks like a mule but otherwise it's supremely controllable and surprisingly accurate.

I'd love to get a bow, been forever since I shot one but they're a blast.

Shopping for a bow right last few weeks. My son got some basic kids Genesis compound, I shot it a bit and it’s a blast.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020282
Mobile Version of Website