Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 2:18 Quote
I'm a big fan of belt fed, however this is an awesome bit of kit from LMT: https://lmtdefense.com/firearms/lm308ssr


Absolutely proven bit of kit.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 3:18 Quote
I'm in the market for a new bow but the one I want starts at 2 g bare.......

A guy at work with has a high end PSE 5 year old bow that he wants 300 ish for. Ill offer 200 and see what happens. My old bow is 21 years old . It still flings arrows pretty damm well for a older set up but it's long for a compound bow and is heavy as f*ck. My sons PSE bow is 12 inches shorter and weights literally half as much as mine. Plus it's way faster. Faster up to a certain point in archery is a huge plus.

We are bowhunters only in this house. I'd love a hand gun for plinking and rrange stuff like you see on YouTube.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 5:03 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
I'm a big fan of belt fed, however this is an awesome bit of kit from LMT: https://lmtdefense.com/firearms/lm308ssr


Absolutely proven bit of kit.
Great rifle, we've they 6x48 ACOG/RMR is such an excellent optic. Was really tempted to run that on my 7.62 but it would've been a little too matchy matchy with the 4x32 ACOG/RMR setup on my 5.56 so I went with a 4-16x50 AccuPoint on it instead. My old eyes appreciate the magnification.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 5:19 Quote
Accuracy international AT308 with vortex razor hd II 4.5-27x
Accuracy international AT308 with vortex razor hd II 4.5-27x
So much fun...

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 5:33 Quote
Accuracy International makes great guns... I really want an AXMC in .338

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 6:44 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Accuracy International makes great guns... I really want an AXMC in .338

Seen out Long Range Rifle (AWM 33)? Beast of a bit of kit. Saw that and the DMR make short work of a PKM team we were tracking on camera, one engaged the bike rider, the other the pillion carrying the gun. From 500m. Epic work.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 6:55 Quote

best part is I have a friend who is an XC racer and she was outraged that UCI is doing an Ebike series and she complained long and hard as how this was taking funding away from her and that it should only be recreational and that we are ruining the trails. That satire article is much closer to reality than what most people think.

I say fack them, I'm going to ride my ebike, oops I forgot to shotgun the beer before pedaling...….Rolleyes

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 8:32 Quote
Money does seem to be drying up for pro riders... reading into the Forbidden announcement on the home page there isn’t enough cash in the deal to even send him to the first two rounds of the EWS. That’s pretty crazy. Sure he’s only a top 40 rider... but races would be pretty uneventful if only 20 folks could afford to go to them.

An acquaintance just did the Andes Pacifico and there were seven girls total. Does this represent a total lack of interest and money for people to race?

Seems like a lot of manufacturers are going the ambassador route rather than giving a bike to a pro they get mortals to pay for the gear.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 8:40 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Money does seem to be drying up for pro riders... reading into the Forbidden announcement on the home page there isn’t enough cash in the deal to even send him to the first two rounds of the EWS. That’s pretty crazy. Sure he’s only a top 40 rider... but races would be pretty uneventful if only 20 folks could afford to go to them.

An acquaintance just did the Andes Pacifico and there were seven girls total. Does this represent a total lack of interest and money for people to race?

Seems like a lot of manufacturers are going the ambassador route rather than giving a bike to a pro they get mortals to pay for the gear.

Easier for the women to put an EWS top 10 on their resume then ... might lead to some better sponsorship.


Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 8:44 Quote
Outside of the brosphere, racing is meaningless to sales... makes a lot more sense to spread the exposure to more "ambassadors" with a much larger and more versatile social media presence.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 10:10 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Outside of the brosphere, racing is meaningless to sales... makes a lot more sense to spread the exposure to more "ambassadors" with a much larger and more versatile social media presence.

This.. I wrench for the USA National Champ for 15-16 Junior girls. They are headed to a few world cups this year and they are always trying for more support.


But home girl doesn't really do any social media presentation.. Dad doesn't really think it's that big of a deal.

I keep telling them that I know industry peeps would way rather support a social media ambassador with 500k followers rather than even the "US Junior National Champ".

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 10:37 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Outside of the brosphere, racing is meaningless to sales... makes a lot more sense to spread the exposure to more "ambassadors" with a much larger and more versatile social media presence.

Yeah man, the ambassadors are reachable for the average joe.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020553
Mobile Version of Website