Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 10:43 Quote
You guys do the DH Fantasy League? I had fun with it last year. Think I ended up like 23rd overall or something. Had one really bad week with 2 guys not even making finals or I think I'd have been top 10.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
You guys do the DH Fantasy League? I had fun with it last year. Think I ended up like 23rd overall or something. Had one really bad week with 2 guys not even making finals or I think I'd have been top 10.

I always forget to adjust my team as things change!

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 10:47 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

this^+1

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 11:10 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

this^+1

I just gave up, I felt awful. Everyone I chose to be on my team was getting hurt and I assumed it was me causing it. Like a voodoo doll of bike injuries.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 11:17 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Accuracy International makes great guns... I really want an AXMC in .338

Seen out Long Range Rifle (AWM 33)? Beast of a bit of kit. Saw that and the DMR make short work of a PKM team we were tracking on camera, one engaged the bike rider, the other the pillion carrying the gun. From 500m. Epic work.

dude you must have the best campfire stories ever. I'll bet your non military mates just fidget with their beers and chant story time whenever you go for pints.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 11:34 Quote
obee1 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Accuracy International makes great guns... I really want an AXMC in .338

Seen out Long Range Rifle (AWM 33)? Beast of a bit of kit. Saw that and the DMR make short work of a PKM team we were tracking on camera, one engaged the bike rider, the other the pillion carrying the gun. From 500m. Epic work.

dude you must have the best campfire stories ever. I'll bet your non military mates just fidget with their beers and chant story time whenever you go for pints.

I have a good mix of stories. Mostly about the most impressive humans I've ever known, dick jokes and pure stupidity! I'm lucky I have some really solid civilian mates, all through bikes, so we have our own stupid stories.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 13:39 Quote
husstler wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

this^+1

I just gave up, I felt awful. Everyone I chose to be on my team was getting hurt and I assumed it was me causing it. Like a voodoo doll of bike injuries.

lol

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 14:04 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

this^+1
Same, I went all Canadian as much as possible

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 14:17 Quote
d-man wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

this^+1
Same, I went all Canadian as much as possible

Score about as well as going American whenever possible. When in doubt go French.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
A mix of French and British for me. Although the ladies are gonna be different this year with Tahnee out and Rach still recovering. Wide open for fresh winners.

The guys, who knows?!

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 14:47 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Outside of the brosphere, racing is meaningless to sales... makes a lot more sense to spread the exposure to more "ambassadors" with a much larger and more versatile social media presence.

This.. I wrench for the USA National Champ for 15-16 Junior girls. They are headed to a few world cups this year and they are always trying for more support.

But home girl doesn't really do any social media presentation.. Dad doesn't really think it's that big of a deal.

I keep telling them that I know industry peeps would way rather support a social media ambassador with 500k followers rather than even the "US Junior National Champ".
I hear ya swan, some of those YT dorks are getting full on sponsorships. It's crazy. I have to admit, some are pretty decent. JKW and Mark Mattews are worth a watch. That Seth guy is ok too. The guy has has a legit shop and some trails in the yard of his pretty damn nice house from making YT vids so he must be doing something right. But there's a whole group of copycat guys that suck balls.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 14:59 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Outside of the brosphere, racing is meaningless to sales... makes a lot more sense to spread the exposure to more "ambassadors" with a much larger and more versatile social media presence.

This.. I wrench for the USA National Champ for 15-16 Junior girls. They are headed to a few world cups this year and they are always trying for more support.

But home girl doesn't really do any social media presentation.. Dad doesn't really think it's that big of a deal.

I keep telling them that I know industry peeps would way rather support a social media ambassador with 500k followers rather than even the "US Junior National Champ".
I hear ya swan, some of those YT dorks are getting full on sponsorships. It's crazy. I have to admit, some are pretty decent. JKW and Mark Mattews are worth a watch. That Seth guy is ok too. The guy has has a legit shop and some trails in the yard of his pretty damn nice house from making YT vids so he must be doing something right. But there's a whole group of copycat guys that suck balls.

I appreciate Seth and his channel.. It's definitely geared towards the average non shop dude, but his videos are all entertaining enough that I enjoy them. He has definitely figured out the YT career for now.. Just wonder what those creators long term plans are? He making enough to pay into a solid retirement when he gets too old or YT decides that they don't want to show his videos anymore? Seem like such a crazy long term career.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 15:35 Quote
Yep, DH team is picked.
Finished somewhere in the 2000's last year I think. I'll have to improve on that this year. Tricky part is like others said, remembering to adjust your team. Also keeping track of who's hurt, not necessarily out of the next race but out of contention because something is nagging them. Have to change those peeps up.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 15:38 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

this^+1

I don't forget as much as I just pick my faves and let’er run.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 15:58 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Yep, DH team is picked.
Finished somewhere in the 2000's last year I think. I'll have to improve on that this year. Tricky part is like others said, remembering to adjust your team. Also keeping track of who's hurt, not necessarily out of the next race but out of contention because something is nagging them. Have to change those peeps up.

Yup. And if you forget for even 1 week you're out of it. That's what happened to my Crankworx. I did pretty good but I completely spaced liked twice and was WAY out of the running.

Last year in DH I stayed pretty good most of the year. Think I got as high as like 13th or 11th or something like that. Had one week where I was in the top couple for the week. This year who the heck knows. So many frame changes, injuries already... etc. For all we know the denim destroyer is gonna win em all.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.051843
Mobile Version of Website