Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 15:59 Quote
A metric shit ton of nomads are trying to do the YouTube thing...

YouTube Adsense is about the worst way in the world I can think of to make money... with your self promoting vlog you can fetch an average of $3-$5 per thousand views. Most folks are doing filming and editing all themselves and the ratio is something like five to ten hours of work per minute of vid if you’re quick and putting out something worth while.

So if 10,000 people watch your 8min vid that took 40-80hrs to make... you’d get $30-$50!

F!ck me sideways that’s a shit way to earn coin!

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 16:01 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:

YouTube Adsense is about the worst way in the world I can think of to make money... with your self promoting vlog you can fetch an average of $3-$5 per thousand views. Most folks are doing filming and editing all themselves and the ratio is something like five to ten hours of work per minute of vid if you’re quick and putting out something worth while.

So if 10,000 people watch your 8min vid that took 40-80hrs to make... you’d get $30-$50!

Buddy of mine is doing it full time, it's paying for his mortgage and he's much happier then he was doing the architect thing.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 16:05 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:

Buddy of mine is doing it full time, it's paying for his mortgage and he's much happier then he was doing the architect thing.

Is his name Ryan?

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 18:15 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:

Is his name Ryan?
Daniel. Famous for the Subaru add...

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 19:01 Quote
Just a quick shot of truck pRon for the Jaymesmeister
D-man probably sees these WildWynd trucks around...cuz Invermere

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 19:08 Quote
Depends on your content. I follow various YouTube personalities who demo guitar gear and such. Some dudes have been doing it for years and have 20000 followers or so. Most still have day jobs. Then there’s guy like Rick Beato who I’m guessing has only been at 2-3 years. Well over 1 million subscribers already. It‘s all about the content. If the content is top notch the people and success can come very quick.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
This guy... holy crap.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9UH6916A08A&feature=youtu.be

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 19:19 Quote
loopie wrote:
Just a quick shot of truck pRon for the Jamesmeister
D-man probably sees these WildWynd trucks around...cuz Invermere

Nice ride ! My Dad drove log truck, always wanted to but ended up in construction instead .

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 19:38 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Outside of the brosphere, racing is meaningless to sales... makes a lot more sense to spread the exposure to more "ambassadors" with a much larger and more versatile social media presence.

This.. I wrench for the USA National Champ for 15-16 Junior girls. They are headed to a few world cups this year and they are always trying for more support.

But home girl doesn't really do any social media presentation.. Dad doesn't really think it's that big of a deal.

I keep telling them that I know industry peeps would way rather support a social media ambassador with 500k followers rather than even the "US Junior National Champ".
I hear ya swan, some of those YT dorks are getting full on sponsorships. It's crazy. I have to admit, some are pretty decent. JKW and Mark Mattews are worth a watch. That Seth guy is ok too. The guy has has a legit shop and some trails in the yard of his pretty damn nice house from making YT vids so he must be doing something right. But there's a whole group of copycat guys that suck balls.

Yep...JKW, Mark Mathews and Seth are all on my list. I also like Sam Pilgim's channel because the guy rides everything on anything. There are a lot of YT mountain bike clones out there that are making money and I just don't get it. At least they are on bikes. My daughter loves to watch slime making videos...the people making these videos are all sorts of f*cked up.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 19:43 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
This guy... holy crap.

Fast AF

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 19:55 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
This guy... holy crap.

Fast AF

Guy has some afterburners or something going on there....

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 20:16 Quote
billbek wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
This guy... holy crap.

Fast AF

Guy has some afterburners or something going on there....

Former Olympic sprinter helps.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 20:25 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

This.. I wrench for the USA National Champ for 15-16 Junior girls. They are headed to a few world cups this year and they are always trying for more support.

But home girl doesn't really do any social media presentation.. Dad doesn't really think it's that big of a deal.

I keep telling them that I know industry peeps would way rather support a social media ambassador with 500k followers rather than even the "US Junior National Champ".
I hear ya swan, some of those YT dorks are getting full on sponsorships. It's crazy. I have to admit, some are pretty decent. JKW and Mark Mattews are worth a watch. That Seth guy is ok too. The guy has has a legit shop and some trails in the yard of his pretty damn nice house from making YT vids so he must be doing something right. But there's a whole group of copycat guys that suck balls.

Yep...JKW, Mark Mathews and Seth are all on my list. I also like Sam Pilgim's channel because the guy rides everything on anything. There are a lot of YT mountain bike clones out there that are making money and I just don't get it. At least they are on bikes. My daughter loves to watch slime making videos...the people making these videos are all sorts of f*cked up.

Never watch the LaomRanger I don't understand how that guy has a youtube channel and it's his full time job.
Mark Mathews is a good rider and does so really good content. I like Remy Metailler too

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 20:52 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
loopie and Chef

Well Heck Yeah!

I toss back.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021381
Mobile Version of Website