Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 20:53 Quote
Maybe I’m jealous, maybe I’m a skeptic...

In my Jealous skeptic miserable existence I doubt anyone is “making a living” off youtube Adsense unless;

1. They’re consistently getting 100,000 views
2. Their house is their car
3. They’re all lying and Adsense pays 10x what everyone claims

There are other things like affiliate links, comped trips, tickets, etc that help folks out... but free açai beverages and jackets from Eddie Bauer don’t pay da mortgage.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 21:02 Quote
loopie wrote:
Just a quick shot of truck pRon for the Jaymesmeister
D-man probably sees these WildWynd trucks around...cuz Invermere

She slick!!! You must be a ninja jumping in and out of those western stars . Gota be a rock climber! Lol

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 21:06 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
loopie wrote:
Just a quick shot of truck pRon for the Jaymesmeister
D-man probably sees these WildWynd trucks around...cuz Invermere

She slick!!! You must be a ninja jumping in and out of those western stars . Gota be a rock climber! Lol
You're not wrong.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 21:18 Quote
If you look at Seth’s page he’s got almost 2000 patrons paying $3600 a month. That’s a mortgage and then some. However, apparently it’s going towards building a bike park. I’d say he would most likely be in the minority when it comes to mtn bike content though.

Remy is legit. That dude can flat out ride. I started to watch Nate Hills just to check out the trails in Moab before we went there and I kept watching. Last summer he filmed some trails up in Northern BC. He’s another shredder.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 21:18 Quote
wrote:
ATV25 wrote:

Nice ride ! My Dad drove log truck, always wanted to but ended up in construction instead .

Don't know how it is in your/your Dads area....but it's a tough gig up here....long hard days&nights. They get some downtime, but still...

Yessirs! A vertical climb she is......worth it tho Batman

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 21:29 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
This guy... holy crap.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9UH6916A08A&feature=youtu.be

Fast AF

Damn! Once he turns the corner there's no catching him.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 22:49 Quote
wrote:
loopie wrote:
ATV25 wrote:

Nice ride ! My Dad drove log truck, always wanted to but ended up in construction instead .

Don't know how it is in your/your Dads area....but it's a tough gig up here....long hard days&nights. They get some downtime, but still...

Yessirs! A vertical climb she is......worth it tho Batman

When my dad drove ( 1960s ) men were men and the logs were scared ! LOL No doubt it's a hard thankless job, that's one of the appealing aspects of it. Kind of a lone wolf, you against the word type thing. I know that sounds stupid but I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed !

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 23:45 Quote
I've always had a touch of the wanderlust that makes being a truck driver sound appealing. Pay's not great and I'm sure it gets old being on the road all the time after a few years but I've always thought it would be kind of cool.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 23:50 Quote
I have my CDL and did the fuel truck thing along with the Helicopter wrench gig.. Saw lots of cool country and had fun. But I hated the time away from home.. And having to drive the 2000gal of jet fuel through cities sucked when needed.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 0:02 Quote
North American trucks have always looked badass to me. Must be nostalgia from the movies.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 0:17 Quote
Same here. I could drive for a living. For a while. I know a school teacher who used to drive greyhound bus in the summers in places far away from here. Like a summer driving bus from Skagway to Dawson city.

I just finished up some stems for Mr. Brosnan. A new version of the Canyon G5 stem. Just 3 of them. Chris did the bodies, I did the clamps. For the first race. They will be off to anodising tomorrow and I'll laser them up next week and send them off.

Or maybe Gabe will pick them up on his way.

DH season just around the corner.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 3:12 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I've always had a touch of the wanderlust that makes being a truck driver sound appealing. Pay's not great and I'm sure it gets old being on the road all the time after a few years but I've always thought it would be kind of cool.
I know a few owner operators who do well over 250k/year there's money to be made.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 3:20 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I know a few owner operators who do well over 250k/year there's money to be made.
No shit!?!?

I always assumed it was a $50k a year kind of gig. f*ck, for solid six figures I'd be tempted.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 5:24 Quote
It is a $50k + or - gig unless you own your rig. If you are a go getter you can make $200k + a year easy driving your own truck .

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 6:03 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
If you look at Seth’s page he’s got almost 2000 patrons paying $3600 a month. That’s a mortgage and then some. However, apparently it’s going towards building a bike park. I’d say he would most likely be in the minority when it comes to mtn bike content though.

Remy is legit. That dude can flat out ride. I started to watch Nate Hills just to check out the trails in Moab before we went there and I kept watching. Last summer he filmed some trails up in Northern BC. He’s another shredder.

I like Remy Metalier, and get frustrated with him all at once. He casually chats while riding, which is helpful and descriptive, but it's often on some really crazy double black janky shit. Yoann Barelli too. I think about how calm everything must be in their heads.

What sorcery is this?!?

... cone to think of it, same with Fabien Barel, or any of what I'm calling the mental control masters.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021003
Mobile Version of Website