Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 19:50 Quote
At least you wont be able to lift a full spoon to your mouth all day ???

So interesting theory... this is no smooth talking DJ but it is an interesting take on the origins of corona... among other things.... and dont kill the messenger this is for entertainment purposes only. I wont be trippin on it. Just got time to kill listening to bullshit...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-last-american-vagabond/id1121126451?i=1000468797541

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 19:54 Quote
i been thinking, since here in colorado, we have less oxygen, will that make us more at risk? or will it make us less in danger due to our red blood count being higher?

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 22:21 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

So interesting theory... this is no smooth talking DJ but it is an interesting take on the origins of corona... among other things.... and dont kill the messenger this is for entertainment purposes only. I wont be trippin on it. Just got time to kill listening to bullshit...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-last-american-vagabond/id1121126451?i=1000468797541

Hmmmm...so I didn't expect to make it 50min in to be sure. But here I am a bit more interested in verification/fact checking than in outright dismissal.
That Vaping story from last yr never did sit right with me...

(I don't have enough info to endorse this..but as Ster mentioned...interesting)

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 22:31 Quote
I kind of wonder if we'd be having all these financial issues if we as a populace hadn't go so lazy over the last 40 years and just allowed the government to push more and more into a private financial empire funded by the ever shrinking middle glass.

All these politicians are mini-CEO's now. Standard pay, standard benefits package... pssht. As long as they can move this over here and this over there and cut these jobs right here and do toss a bone every now and again they get their bonus'.
We have given them more and more power and more and more money. Essentially helping create a larger distance between our representatives and our reality. They do not represent us. We have a f*cking child as a president who somehow managed to have the economy booming until this virus hit. The governor of California... hell the last 40 years of governors in California have managed to take more and more of our rights away and stick their fists farther and farther up our asses. All the while laughing because they didn't even use any lube and they stole our wallet while our pants were down.

People need to pull their heads out of their asses and start making some changes.

No more full time law makers. Congress and all these other f*cks need to have their pay reduced, benefits packages built to reflect what is NORMAL in this country now and be limited on how long they can sit their asses in those chairs. Bunch a 80 year olds sitting on millions trying to tell us they can't give hard working American's any breaks because the billions of dollars of bullshit they're hiding in their plans isn't passing. Hey guess what... take all that shit out.... corporations don't need help right now. Oil companies trying to complain because they're only making $38billion a quarter in profits instead of $50billion... guess what.... that's still $38billion dollars in profit fool.

All of the money that's been mismanaged over the last x amount of years is bonkers. Had things been run like they're supposed be run we'd be sitting on PLENTY of liquid assets to take care of everyone for a few months. Instead we're talking bout 100's of thousands of people at risk of losing their homes.

Should tell the bill collectors that call me 5 times a day that they'd get paid if they stopped tacking on massive late fees.

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 0:16 Quote
loopie wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Hmmmm...so I didn't expect to make it 50min in to be sure. But here I am a bit more interested in verification/fact checking than in outright dismissal.
That Vaping story from last yr never did sit right with me...

(I don't have enough info to endorse this..but as Ster mentioned...interesting)

Rieeeght? I haven’t finished it yet.... muther f*ckers like ADHD to the max....or maybe I am? .. but I believe guys like these more than anything thats pushed through the feed buckets... I’ll check it. Still have some links to follow up on within the first one.....

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 0:17 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
I kind of wonder if we'd be having all these financial issues if we as a populace hadn't go so lazy over the last 40 years and just allowed the government to push more and more into a private financial empire funded by the ever shrinking middle glass.

All these politicians are mini-CEO's now. Standard pay, standard benefits package... pssht. As long as they can move this over here and this over there and cut these jobs right here and do toss a bone every now and again they get their bonus'.
We have given them more and more power and more and more money. Essentially helping create a larger distance between our representatives and our reality. They do not represent us. We have a f*cking child as a president who somehow managed to have the economy booming until this virus hit. The governor of California... hell the last 40 years of governors in California have managed to take more and more of our rights away and stick their fists farther and farther up our asses. All the while laughing because they didn't even use any lube and they stole our wallet while our pants were down.

People need to pull their heads out of their asses and start making some changes.

No more full time law makers. Congress and all these other f*cks need to have their pay reduced, benefits packages built to reflect what is NORMAL in this country now and be limited on how long they can sit their asses in those chairs. Bunch a 80 year olds sitting on millions trying to tell us they can't give hard working American's any breaks because the billions of dollars of bullshit they're hiding in their plans isn't passing. Hey guess what... take all that shit out.... corporations don't need help right now. Oil companies trying to complain because they're only making $38billion a quarter in profits instead of $50billion... guess what.... that's still $38billion dollars in profit fool.

All of the money that's been mismanaged over the last x amount of years is bonkers. Had things been run like they're supposed be run we'd be sitting on PLENTY of liquid assets to take care of everyone for a few months. Instead we're talking bout 100's of thousands of people at risk of losing their homes.

Should tell the bill collectors that call me 5 times a day that they'd get paid if they stopped tacking on massive late fees.

Capitol “Ism” lotta crooks in the cracks

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 7:38 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
So... in positive news, it appears that I'll be moving from a Bronson 2.1 to a 5010 3 as a result of my shipping shitshow. Gonna have to wait like a month with the quarantine bullshit but I'd actually contemplated buying a new 5010 for awhile now. Santa Cruz gave me the option of moving to a different frame instead of just replacing Bronson with Bronson. Considered going to a Tallboy cause I really want wagon wheels for all the flat pedally shit here but I've already got the fork and wheels in 27.5 so it's just way less pain in the ass. Only unfortunate part is I'm gonna have to hacksaw the Bronson for proof of destruction as part of the deal. Swingarm is one thing but it's gonna be painful taking a saw to the undamaged front triangle.

well since you got time on your hands, film it and post it. You are going to have your 30 seconds of fame!

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 7:51 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
So... in positive news, it appears that I'll be moving from a Bronson 2.1 to a 5010 3 as a result of my shipping shitshow. Gonna have to wait like a month with the quarantine bullshit but I'd actually contemplated buying a new 5010 for awhile now. Santa Cruz gave me the option of moving to a different frame instead of just replacing Bronson with Bronson. Considered going to a Tallboy cause I really want wagon wheels for all the flat pedally shit here but I've already got the fork and wheels in 27.5 so it's just way less pain in the ass. Only unfortunate part is I'm gonna have to hacksaw the Bronson for proof of destruction as part of the deal. Swingarm is one thing but it's gonna be painful taking a saw to the undamaged front triangle.
That's good news!
My Hightower was supposed to be delivered today but I don't think that's going to happen. No real dirt to ride but it is getting close, very close. There have been people riding small chunks of dirt at Swansea and others have whined about trail damage, Seems to be a annual thing here. I used to get all worked up about spring damages but realized a few years ago after stepping back from the club it's only a bike trail. It can and will be repaired.
I was chatting with friends and they too believe they had the virus already, schools had a run of sicknesses just after the holidays. A bunch of ski patrollers at Panorama were violently ill after Christmas too Which is typical but the symptoms fit. Hopefully this is true and we can move on with life.
My neighbors are both doctors and reminded me yesterday of the importance of isolating, one of my riding buddies is also a doctor and he is looking for sledding partners.... Who do you believe?

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 7:58 Quote
Enjoying the sun and scenery yesterday

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 8:09 Quote
d-man wrote:
Awesome! Hope the sun keeps shining!!! Dry this place up. We need more happy thoughts!

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 8:10 Quote
I remember when norco had the big recall on the front triangles of a bunch of FS bikes. All they wanted was the BB with serial number. That was fun sawzall time.

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 8:13 Quote
I only get grumpy when it’s fresh trail work someone trashes. Once a trail is bedded in you should be able to ride in wet with minimal damage if trail is well built/ no black dirt/ or if it’s slimy clay. I’d rather people ride the trails and enjoy them. Cause some dudes get shit on and can only find bits of time to ride and if at that time it’s raining.... let ER buck!!!!

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 8:15 Quote
d-man wrote:
Just shared pic to wife to show my 2yr old!!!
Uncle Darcy’s petting zoo!!!

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 8:28 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
I only get grumpy when it’s fresh trail work someone trashes. Once a trail is bedded in you should be able to ride in wet with minimal damage if trail is well built/ no black dirt/ or if it’s slimy clay. I’d rather people ride the trails and enjoy them. Cause some dudes get shit on and can only find bits of time to ride and if at that time it’s raining.... let ER buck!!!!

yep build a trail to last. People on the North Shore don't stop riding when it rains.

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 8:54 Quote
jerome wrote:
jamezyo wrote:

yep build a trail to last. People on the North Shore don't stop riding when it rains.
Your trail rides great in the rain. Almost time to dig!!!!!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035502
Mobile Version of Website