Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 16:56 Quote
Cheers!

Wife has a way of just ordering things online that she likes without knowing what she will do with them.. Those lights had been hanging out for over a year and she was stoked for me to use them.

Only thing that was kinda a pain was they were originally pretty short plug in lights with an Inline switch.. She wanted to retain a switch since there are lots of times we will only have one of the lights on.. So I had to lengthen the cords out but also move the Inline switch to a spot that makes sense right next to your head.. So the wires run on the back of the door and the switches pop out of the bottom so we can manually switch them off too..

It was totally one of those things that was simple in theory, but cutting away panels on the backside of the door to allow the cords to run and then just wiring in the stupid Inline switches took as much time as anything else!

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 19:17 Quote
billbek wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Really really fighting the urge to put another keg in my kegerator.. I usually only put kegs in for social gatherings.

But if I am holed up in my 1000sq ft, beer on tap would be way safer than having to keep going to the store right?

I am buying in to your reasoning. Not an argument.
I made a run for another 24 pack and a bottle of scotch yesterday. Was out of scotch. That will never do.
Usual was not in stock and had to spend more money on a scotch I like less.
If you can find it, Tamdhu 10 is an amazing value.

What temperature do you keep your keg at?

Been going through the beer here as well, a keg fridge would be handy.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 19:19 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Wife wanted a headboard. Pulled a door and some old crown molding from dad's junk pile behind one of our rentals.

Hard wired the lights to a smart outlet so we can yell to Google to turn them on/off. Also ran a power strip to the top of the headboard as well so we can charge phones or add accent lighting if she wants.

Pretty stoked for a few hours of work and mega brownie points with the wife.

With how "shabby" and "rustic" is into style, I should probably start banging this type of stuff together and list it for a few hundred bucks.

photo
I'm not showing this to my wife....

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 19:29 Quote
Moms is a tough old bird, doctors were happy and a little shocked she fought off the infection so quick. They sent her home this morning, today is a good day!
Sounds like we're getting another dog. He's a 3 years old Husky and an outside dog. Guess I got a new riding partner.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 19:36 Quote
d-man wrote:
Moms is a tough old bird, doctors were happy and a little shocked she fought off the infection so quick. They sent her home this morning, today is a good day!
Sounds like we're getting another dog. He's a 3 years old Husky and an outside dog. Guess I got a new riding partner.

Heck Yaaaaaaaaassssss!!! Good stuff Darcy!

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 19:50 Quote
Great news D-man, nice to hear some good news.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 20:18 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Wife wanted a headboard. Pulled a door and some old crown molding from dad's junk pile behind one of our rentals.

Hard wired the lights to a smart outlet so we can yell to Google to turn them on/off. Also ran a power strip to the top of the headboard as well so we can charge phones or add accent lighting if she wants.

With how "shabby" and "rustic" is into style, I should probably start banging this type of stuff together and list it for a few hundred bucks.
That's crafty as f*ck... before reading your post I assumed it was some $400 Wayfair'er deal. You could definitely sell that.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 20:42 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

That's crafty as f*ck... before reading your post I assumed it was some $400 Wayfair'er deal. You could definitely sell that.

The bed was on a different wall initially and the headboard didn't fit between wall and window.. I forgot to account for the extra 4 inches of molding width up top.. So I thought I was going to be selling it instead of using it.. Haha

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 20:44 Quote
d-man wrote:
Rad on all fronts!

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 20:47 Quote
Good vibes to and from all ! What a way to end a Saturday !!!

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 20:58 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
Dog looks like a boss too!

He sure thinks(knows) he's the boss.
He makes us genuinely smile every day...just the right amount of goofball Cool

Nice job on the headboard Swan

Excellent D-man....

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 21:05 Quote
Was just checking into this band I heard on the YT...saw this album cover

Damn that's a powerful image.

photo

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 21:12 Quote
d-man wrote:
Awesome news, on both fronts!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.044833
Mobile Version of Website