Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 23:01 Quote
I use one of those to clean my sphincter once a day whether I need to or not

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 23:29 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Good news D-man
Yes, great to hear D-man.

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 4:52 Quote
d-man wrote:
Moms is a tough old bird, doctors were happy and a little shocked she fought off the infection so quick. They sent her home this morning, today is a good day!
Sounds like we're getting another dog. He's a 3 years old Husky and an outside dog. Guess I got a new riding partner.

Big relief..

Bonus!

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 5:26 Quote
Great new D-Man, great news indeed. Coming in here is morale boosting, now if only it served alcohol...

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 5:32 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Good news D-man

+1

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 6:25 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
Hey fellas,
Just checking in. I have been sort of minding my own business these days sticking close to home and making sure my kids are doing ok. I am finding all of this really difficult to navigate with young kids. My daughters are losing out on a lot of shit at school, birthdays, grand parents etc and I feel like I am constantly telling them "sorry kiddo" or "no we can't do..". f*cking sucks. My oldest was having a break out year...chosen to represent her school for science fair, young artist, basketball team, band, biking...she was killing it. Now its all off. My step mom was stressing out hard with my 90 year grandpa in an assisted living home so she pulled him out of there to live with her which means no more visits with them. Mix this shit with not being able to get out of the house solo... anyway, just trying to wrap my head around everything and make sure my people stay well. Strange days for sure. Be well fellas!

I hear you on that. Last week was my oldest, this week was my middle child. They're 14 and 15 and huge into competitive volleyball their season got canceled and they were crushed.

I explained the situation to the 3 of them this way. This pandemic is an event that you will remember for a long time. For us adults, September 11 2001 was a defining moment in our lives because up to then international air travel was not super complicated now, it's a different story. This pandemic is causing massive social changes and on top of that, The Russian and the Saudis have decided to have a price war on oil and gas so for the Province of Alberta, our future is very uncertain. How good we do at flattening the curve by staying home will largely determine how quickly this will last. I keep checking with them encourage them to contact their friends on phone or computer so that they don't just physically isolate they connect in different ways than in person.

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 6:55 Quote
We just lost a Powerlifting comp that my daughter and another crew member have been training for. We also prob just lost Nationals for my son, daughter and ben the other team member.

I lost spring rugby more than likely.

We will still train as much as possible and as super lucky to have a full on powerlifting set up in my garage right now.

I'm fortunate that my kids are 18 and 25 so they seem to understand the reasons.......not happy about this shit ......but understand.

Good news Dman!

I have told my family that its coming and we cant really stop so let's follow the rules, help people that need it how ever we can and hope it doesn't last till the fall.

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 7:02 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
We just lost a Powerlifting comp that my daughter and a mother crew member have been training for. We also prob just lost Nationals for my son, daughter and ben the other team member.

I lost spring rugby more than likely.

We will still train as much as possible and as super lucky to have a full on powerlifting set up in my garage right now.

I'm fortunate that my kids are 18 and 25 so they seem to understand the reasons.......not happy about this shit ......but understand.

Good news Dman!

I have told my family that its coming and we cant really stop so let's follow the rules, help people that need it how ever we can and hope it doesn't last till the fall.

I agree man, if people would just lay down and follow the rules this shit could be dealt with in a months time. I have lots of good shit this summer planned.

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 7:04 Quote
This could end up being a lost summer.

Hoping just a month to go here .. if it's three, then my plans are equally stuffed

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 8:28 Quote
d-man wrote:
Moms is a tough old bird, doctors were happy and a little shocked she fought off the infection so quick. They sent her home this morning, today is a good day!
Sounds like we're getting another dog. He's a 3 years old Husky and an outside dog. Guess I got a new riding partner.

Good news x 2 darcy!

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 10:54 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
This could end up being a lost summer.

Hoping just a month to go here .. if it's three, then my plans are equally stuffed

Don't say that ...

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
FYP lol
Soupherb wrote:
Hoping just a YEAR to go here .. if it's three, then my plans are equally stuffed

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 11:11 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
I agree man, if people would just lay down and follow the rules this shit could be dealt with in a months time. I have lots of good shit this summer planned.
This is completely wrong and one of the big misunderstandings of the pointless shelter orders... everyone staying home isn't going to reduce the number of people who get sick, just spread it out over time. It'll be another month or two before we have viable vaccine trials concluded and another year of regulatory dicking around before it's approved.

We're already learning that far more people have been exposed and are just fine than was initially thought, and that's what's going to be the saving grace; being exposed and then getting over it... not hiding away away home.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020864
Mobile Version of Website