Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 9:31 Quote
Onemanarmy - you alive and kicking???

Fredro - what’s happening in your hood???

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 10:00 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
This is what I imagine BBLB will be like when's he's old.
photo

Is that the Double Cheeseburger of guns?

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 10:00 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
So in my backlog of projects, I have my 2019 Carbon Specialized enduro 29 frame that I have started to put back together.

I cracked the carbon front triangle and send it off to Ruckus to be fixed. The front front triangle looks brand new and the rear end had minor chips on the alloy rear end.

I don't have a complete "modern" build kit for it, but I could definitely put together a "last generation" build kit with 10s Drivetrain and older 4 pot brakes with minimal investment in new parts..

Torn on if I should just offer It frame only or build it up and offer it as a complete with "yestertech" components.
Clean the closet, get rid of old parts!

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 10:02 Quote
husstler wrote:
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
This is what I imagine BBLB will be like when's he's old.
photo

Is that the Double Cheeseburger of guns?
I don't know what that is... but it's magnificent! Drum shotty with an under barrel uzzi

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 10:06 Quote
Today was a tough day boys. The majority of my coworkers where either terminated or laid off with things looking pretty bleak for the foreseeable future.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 10:18 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Today was a tough day boys. The majority of my coworkers where either terminated or laid off with things looking pretty bleak for the foreseeable future.

Are you still working?

I know at least a few people that were relieved to be laid off as before their hours were reduced to pretty much zero and now they can get on EI.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 10:27 Quote
Sorry to hear it ripper....

My wife has actually been working more than ever. Her role is a family advocate for two schools in her district... relatively quiet position until now. The scene is grim for so many families right now. A vast number out of employment, most are already very low income. Its brutal out there.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 10:50 Quote
That really sucks ajax, hope that's all the blood letting that gets done

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:15 Quote
Oh no Ripper. There but for the grace of fortune go I. We laid off two guys and are trying to keep the rest. Work has really dried up tho.

Presumably, they will need employees again after all of this? I'm hanging on with moar debt to try to keep it together. The worst is stuff that got made and now the customer does not want it.

Anyway, happy April 1 all you fools.

NSB Quadrant Ring

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:29 Quote
That sucks ajax. Our company just announced that our plant is going down for three weeks on April 25. Something tells me that it will be extended if this shit doesn't straighten out. But thankfully nothing permanent yet. I've got a decent amount of time off coming that I've accumulated over the years so I should be ok. New guys are gonna suffer though. Lots of 80-100k jacked up trucks in the lot with 20k sleds on the back these days.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
Sitting in the office working on one of the executives computers while they're on a conference call with the coast guard... some mcpo asks if we're shutting down departments over COVID and he answers, oh f*ck no... we don't like each other enough to get within six feet of one another so we're safe over here

lol

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Sitting in the office working on one of the executives computers while they're on a conference call with the coast guard... some mcpo asks if we're shutting down departments over COVID and he answers, oh f*ck no... we don't like each other enough to get within six feet of one another so we're safe over here

lol

I thought the Florida governor proclaimed that the state was going to defeat the threat of the coronavirus with cocaine and salsa dancing....

Or is that just Gillums weekend plans?

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:52 Quote
Got word today that some construction sites in our area were on a temp shut down. Owner said they will have to lock our doors before he voluntarily stops work.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 13:05 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
Got word today that some construction sites in our area were on a temp shut down. Owner said they will have to lock our doors before he voluntarily stops work.

That's basically what they did to us. They killed the card readers. So unless you're on the critical list your key doesn't work. And twice a week you can book a 2 hour slot. I went in yesterday and grabbed my chameleon parts and some office junk and a pretty sick part for my bike.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 13:06 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
That sucks ajax. Our company just announced that our plant is going down for three weeks on April 25. Something tells me that it will be extended if this shit doesn't straighten out. But thankfully nothing permanent yet. I've got a decent amount of time off coming that I've accumulated over the years so I should be ok. New guys are gonna suffer though. Lots of 80-100k jacked up trucks in the lot with 20k sleds on the back these days.
Thankfully i made it though. I lost my operator and will likely be doing his job for one of the more senior supervisors. Thankfully my salary hasn't taken a hit (yet).

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.053788
Mobile Version of Website