Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 13:12 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Onemanarmy - you alive and kicking???

Fredro - what’s happening in your hood???

I'm alive. Got cleared on my COVID test yesterday. Only took 2 weeks. No wonder people are dying. Lets take this test. Now you have to stay home with no outside world contact until we give you your results... and don't go to the doctor unless it gets really bad.

So people stay home... waiting... getting sicker... once the symptoms get too bad to deal with they go in.... and die.

So idiotic. Thank god the tests are getting quicker. That should drop the death rates like crazy.

But yeah. Wife and I are both clear. Kids are both on the mend. I've still got all the funk in my chest and head that comes with clearing pneumonia. Just had a gnarly pneumonia case.

So I got to go outside yesterday. Ran around for a few hours and came right back home.

Ordered a big ass trampoline for the kids so they can get out of my office while I work.

Wish I could afford one of those Staycyc's for the little dude. I have an old oset Moto for him but he's not strong enough yet for the full metal pegs and heavy handed brakes. Think I'm gonna tear into it this weekend and try to get it a bit more kid friendly... i.e. lubed up.

Thanks for checking in. Just being out for 3-4 hours completely changed my mood.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 13:13 Quote
Good news man. Good time to show you're importance. Maybe set yourself up for some positive moves in the near future.

ajax-ripper wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
That sucks ajax. Our company just announced that our plant is going down for three weeks on April 25. Something tells me that it will be extended if this shit doesn't straighten out. But thankfully nothing permanent yet. I've got a decent amount of time off coming that I've accumulated over the years so I should be ok. New guys are gonna suffer though. Lots of 80-100k jacked up trucks in the lot with 20k sleds on the back these days.
Thankfully i made it though. I lost my operator and will likely be doing his job for one of the more senior supervisors. Thankfully my salary hasn't taken a hit (yet).

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 14:19 Quote
obee1 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Sitting in the office working on one of the executives computers while they're on a conference call with the coast guard... some mcpo asks if we're shutting down departments over COVID and he answers, oh f*ck no... we don't like each other enough to get within six feet of one another so we're safe over here

lol

I thought the Florida governor proclaimed that the state was going to defeat the threat of the coronavirus with cocaine and salsa dancing....

Or is that just Gillums weekend plans?
I'm willing to try this cocaine and salsa dancing regimen... as long as Gillium doesn't come along lol

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 14:21 Quote
President of Belarus thinks it's nothing that can't be cured by Vodka and saunas! I'd give it a go, can't hurt to try...

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 18:31 Quote
Fredro - what’s happening in your hood???[/Quote]

NYC has been pretty crazy last couple weeks, as expected....

On one hand you have the over reacting, zombie apocalypse, the world is over idiots, buying all the toilet paper...

Then on the other extreme, you have the “this is nothing, business as usual, I’ll do whatever I want” idiots.

I’m right in the middle. Not over reacting, but not being ignorant either. I’ve been a little under the weather so I’ve been isolating and quarantining as suggested. Slight fever blah blah blah, nothing crazy.

I’m more worried about the amount of smoking and snacking I’ve been doing! Sheesh.

It’s also eerie seeing the city so dead. Literally dead. No traffic, nobody anywhere.

Public playgrounds now closed and obviously all schools and non essential businesses. Pretty crazy times we’re living in.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 19:21 Quote
Yeah man the photos of times square and downtown with just a horse cop or two is bizz zar. Keep snackin mofo I don’t wanna be duh chubbiest fool in here

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 19:23 Quote
Has anyone started the Ryan Leech wheelie challenge ( for free ) ? It is actually very good practice, has taught me a few good practice points for riding wheelies !

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 19:51 Quote
I started but got distracted. Need to get back to it!

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 19:56 Quote
where do you find it? on youtube?

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 19:58 Quote
I really should work on my manuals.. I have a few buddies that can seriously blast the most amazing big manuals. I can functionally do them when needed, but I want to be able to show off with them.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 20:04 Quote
The only manual I can do is the instruction manual, and even those I have problems with.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 20:06 Quote
traqs wrote:
where do you find it? on youtube?

It actually popped up on my browser as an ad. Do a Google search for him and I am sure it will come up. He was offering it for free to help out and try to make us feel "normal" in this Wacked Out Willy Wonka World we are trapped in right now.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 20:10 Quote
fredro wrote:
The only manual I can do is the instruction manual, and even those I have problems with.

LOL.... I am actually ok with instructions.
Faster... Right there... Ok.... Yes Yes Yes ...
Manuals I have a problem with.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 20:10 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
I really should work on my manuals.. I have a few buddies that can seriously blast the most amazing big manuals. I can functionally do them when needed, but I want to be able to show off with them.

I'm with fredro, could always wheelie fairly well but the only manual I can associate with is a transmission !

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 20:12 Quote
billbek wrote:
fredro wrote:

LOL.... I am actually ok with instructions.
Faster... Right there... Ok.... Yes Yes Yes ...
Manuals I have a problem with.

Do you manual with your right or left hand :-0 LOL LOL LOL

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021211
Mobile Version of Website