Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 19:21 Quote
I want to try that gator fishing like swamp people tv show.

Am I nuts?

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
[Quote="vernonjeff"]
loopie wrote:
Yeah VJ...shit-tay Frown

Might have some Family-Law questiions myself quite shortly....for one of my Brothers.(he's having a hard time getting thru to anyone in legal)
It's been 4-6mths in the making...but she's being quite dense and might be throwing it all away just to be 'right' instead of doing what's 'best'...and by her own admission, she knows what's best.
Anyways....that drama is playing out by the hr....It could affect The Wife and I as we are in my Brothers second house.
Frown Evil Frown

If I can give him any advice it always be nice. At the point that you need lawyers anger is wasted. Tell him to be cool and not let it turn into a shit show. I kept my pension the house and have had custody all but 1 month. It rough and stressful but it has perks.

Yep, for me now we are just finishing up the separation agreement and I hope to be done by the end of this week and despite me and my ex being on good terms, there were many moments where she would try to get things to change to her liking and I had to keep reminding myself don't engage, don't engage so I would respond calmly and she would keep freaking out. What I think she failed to realize is that I don't care what she thinks anymore and there is no point in her trying to control my life as I am not biting! On one occasion, she even threatened to involve her lawyer and I just said ok and closed the discussion. My only frustration is that she did it a couple of times in front of one or more of the kids. Oh well, no point crying over spilled milk!
That and after speaking with a few friends including one that had gone thru divorce years ago told me that after his kids became adults they told him that yeah we knew that what you were telling us was real and that mom was feeding us bullshit. Currently with the Covid stay at home situation, I am rebuilding my relationships with my kids on my own terms and I can see that they are responding well because I am at peace with myself, I am calm and I can parent without interference from my ex. It's not perfect however life is not either as we are discovering these days!

Loopie, I wish your brother luck. I don't know if there are kids involved or not if there are kids, then stay calm, stay logic, you were raised with values that you believe in, cherish and develop them with the kids. Also remind him that the bottom of the barrel is when he physically separates from his wife ie move out. It's gets better every day after that. I am waking up happy that I have shed this burden off my shoulders and my kids are noticing it as well.

Now I need to find work and I have some pretty good non committal sex with women who are looking for the same that would make me a very happy man. There has been a couple of episodes already that have made me feel liberated and alive like I haven't been for years and years! there is hope even for an old average looking joe like me

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 7:59 Quote
photo
Mother nature gave us winter so I went and said thanks

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 8:06 Quote
d-man wrote:
photo

That looks like a happy Place.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 8:10 Quote
d-man wrote:
photo

Looks great up there.

We have one of the deepest snow packs ( for this time of year) right now and Spring is one of my favorite times to be in the alpine.

If I had the time, I would be all over that... Until then I live vicariously through secondhand stoke.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 8:17 Quote
f*ck old homies . Gota keep pedalling!! No mater what life throws at ya keep pedalling .
Jerome you have a strong back and same with you VJ . I dream of shredding lines with you guys and all you once the dust settles.
I think OBs post apocalypse Dino ride has to happen. Last years weekend was a blast.
Gona fold today and go buy a load of firewood. Have never bought a full load before . My saws are getting lonely . Figured I’d make somewhat of a day of out it. Hoping dude selling was out of town... nope he’s less that a Km from my house . Lol guess more time for stacking .

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 8:25 Quote
I find myself doing the odd no cost jobs around the house and yard. It’s been nice. Built a run for the chickens, built a jump for the kids (and myself), hacked back a bunch of the bushes and trees in the yard (although it was supposed to be pruning..) did a monster dump run and now wife gave thumbs up for a little dirt table top for the girls in the back yard in the old garden space that’s going dormant for a couple of summers. I think the key is to just keep busy right now and do what you can. I guess there is no better time to be laid off than during a long term lock down. Can’t spend the money I received as severance with nothing open. Might buy me some more time.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 8:36 Quote
Planting a garden is always something to consider... it can be low cost if you do it smartly, great around the house activity, kids like it ( once it starts producing) .... and if you have any concerns of “worst case” food chain predictions, it’s an excellent hedge against disaster.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 8:43 Quote
For sure. Root veg is getting ready to go in; potatoes and onions... and some carrot, parsnip,Rutabaga, turnips to follow. Might do more broccoli and collards as they’ve done awesome in the past. We took a hiatus from chickens but now are back to having them. It will be nice to have them produce eggs this fall when they mature enough.

Buddy posted this interesting read, thought you lot would enjoy it:

https://www.outsideonline.com/2411125/lynx-vilden-stone-age-life?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits#close

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
After dry January and February... it’s snowing in the Sierras.
And all damn ski resorts are closed. f*ckers.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 9:22 Quote
That was my day yesterday, big yard day extravaganza. Put the X-mas lights away, dragged all the yard furniture out from under cover, put out the lady of the wood’s garden boxes for veggies and then went back out to the pump track area and did some clean up.
I see forestry has flagged a fire break line of old trees right behind our properties for forest clean up. I wonder when they will actually get to it with this whole shut down going on. In any case I put a couple of big piles of dead back there for them to burn off. Like Craw said life doesn’t seem much different other than when dealing with the groceries for my elderly parents and us.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 9:38 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Buddy posted this interesting read, thought you lot would enjoy it:

https://www.outsideonline.com/2411125/lynx-vilden-stone-age-life?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits#close

^ link
Sounds like a decent blend of bushcraft and modern tech living...so the title was a bit off putting.

This story still haunts me a bit.
As I recall, one of these docs was better than the other..or was it they both had interesting insight?Anyways...
Any romanticizing of living in the bush in a northern climate...Reality.Check.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 9:46 Quote
d-man wrote:

So awesome Cool

We just had snow...but supposed to be hitting 22 by Thur...SaWeeet.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 9:50 Quote
I will watch those later. I love they kind of stuff. One of the job opportunities is in a pretty rural farming area in Oregon. It’s amazing what you can purchase with what my current home could sell for even in its current state. Wife has consistently found homes with acreage and free standing barns that include tractors left behind (in one situation, the cows stay too...). While I can’t see myself and family going full on hermit or hunter gatherer, But I do fancy getting a farm together with a few animals and some growing areas. Hopefully I can get this
Job and make that a Reality!

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 9:58 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
I will watch those later. I love they kind of stuff. One of the job opportunities is in a pretty rural farming area in Oregon. It’s amazing what you can purchase with what my current home could sell for even in its current state. Wife has consistently found homes with acreage and free standing barns that include tractors left behind (in one situation, the cows stay too...). While I can’t see myself and family going full on hermit or hunter gatherer, But I do fancy getting a farm together with a few animals and some growing areas. Hopefully I can get this
Job and make that a Reality!
Do it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.621769
Mobile Version of Website