Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 22:24 Quote
At least it wasnt your stash James!

Is that road into Wiprous still f*cking terrible? I was out there a fews years back for my bros stagg party and I can remember being glad that we drove some elses truck.

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 8:05 Quote
Now I'm in it deep. I am rebuilding the bottom 1/3 of Jean-Guy on the rocks and we got the permits from the Government 4 days ago. I dug 17 hours in 2 days and I am making progress. I had to do some waterworks (of course) since we got 2-3 inches of rain!!!!!
2020 revamp of Jean Guy in full swing

That the first combo jump into corner that you come at going full speed. I demoed it on Sunday and with no effort I landed in the pocket.

there is another side jump missing between these two sets of pictures but yesterday I worked on the landing of the jump box and I had to redo the corner at the bottom of it so I thought might as well add another jump!

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 8:19 Quote
Looking really good. Nice work!

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 9:03 Quote
Awesome stuff Jerome!

Always loved feeling like a hero on the bottom after feeling like a hack up top. All rides should finish by inflating ones delicate ego lol

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 10:56 Quote
Jerome builds a good trail. Jean Guy is/was really fun and no doubt the re-work will be stellar. Just remember to get rid of all those rocks! lol

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 10:59 Quote
I almost always turned off to SLF I'm curious to see if this will be enough for me to stop doing that!

Looks great Jerome!

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
Looks awesome Jerome! Back when I use to live in Calgary, Jean Guy was my favorite trail on Moose. So do you think we might see a Friday fail of someone hitting your new jump and not making it between the two trees? Big Grin

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 22:17 Quote
Very nice. Looks like Europe, but it's Hedley.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 6:22 Quote
Wow, just reading about the conflict between Alberta travelers and BC residents in the interior towns.
The comment sections is pure gold if you are mining for small mindedness... One side, which is a small minority in BC, using the health issue to justify acting out against those from out of province and the other side displaying some amazing entitlement to access.
I won't be heading into BC until they relax the travel restrictions.
The old tit for tat relationship the provincial governments of Alb and BC currently have needs to change.
Unfortunately the small mindedness and entitlement may be harder to change.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 7:24 Quote
billbek wrote:
Wow, just reading about the conflict between Alberta travelers and BC residents in the interior towns.
The comment sections is pure gold if you are mining for small mindedness... One side, which is a small minority in BC, using the health issue to justify acting out against those from out of province and the other side displaying some amazing entitlement to access.
I won't be heading into BC until they relax the travel restrictions.
The old tit for tat relationship the provincial governments of Alb and BC currently have needs to change.
Unfortunately the small mindedness and entitlement may be harder to change.

I agree with this guy.

Add to that the number of towns right on the border. Like if you lived in Crowsnest and drove to Fernie for a bike ride or grocery shopping, you havent traveled that far but might get shit from the locals.

And as far as I have heard, no hassling of BC residents in Alberta. I have seen a bunch of blue plates here.

It's been very one sided.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 7:25 Quote
I've always been a big fan of the "f*ck the locals" approach... I don't care if it's surf, snow, skate, ride; whatever... the whole "local" idea has always been a giant bowl of douchebaggery and it's only being adopted for expanding interests now.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 7:28 Quote
I feel like the Public Health Officers 'recommendations' should be filtered a touch... There has always been a conflict between locals and the come from away/ absentee landlords in BC, and they don't seem to recognize the conflicts they are fueling.... not to mention how completely f*cked up it is that an unelected bureaucrat is making a multitude of decisions impacting things far beyond her scope of understanding.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 7:34 Quote
You need to appreciate some of the context of localisim in the BC interior. The true root of it has do with housing affordability. With a rise in people buying second homes, local families with local jobs are unable to afford to live in the communities they grew up in for generations. Home prices are rising because of a demand fueled from farther away, and local work doesn't pay the bills.

Its one thing if your property value increases because of a thriving, viable local economy, but its very challenging when you are priced out of your own neighborhood by people who only visit in long weekends and the summer.

Its not true tourism, realistically these second homes hurt the economy in these regions more than it helps.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030844
Mobile Version of Website