Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 8:37 Quote
Funny thing dragon... my buddy had a band called Thunderchicken back in the 80’s lol

A little tick was trying to git me just yesterday! Stinker.

Leavenworth for a good long week + was just what the doctor ordered. Definitely less freaking out the further you get from Seattle. And lots of family rides & fun. Good times.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 10:19 Quote
How is it commuting into Seattle? K2 is hiring

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 10:35 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Ticks are nasty. Spending so much time in the woods lately we are being super carefull.

f*cking birds have been on the Northside of the field for four days now. We set up on the North side this am at 0 dark thirtysomething.

f*cking mother f*ckers bastards were at the south end. 850 yards away.

I'm starting to talk jibberish. I hear gobbles my sleep.

We did have a hen 5 feet away staring at us in the blind so that was pretty rad.

Two days left to get it done.

About a week ago I was out back working on the pump track at dusk and 3 or 4 wild turkeys were hanging around is the trees above. I’m guessing 2-300 feet away and 60 feet up. I didn’t know they flew up that high. Just come here and help build pump track features. They will come to you. Lol

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:

Right now, it’s amazing! If things get back to normal, it could be rough... it’s all about where you live in relation to their offices. I remember when they were on Vashon island, which is such a Beautiful place, and you could go dumpster dive for skis and boards. I had an employee help me dig out an old el dorado board because he knew it fit me and it only had a little scratch on the top side of it.... the good old days.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 11:22 Quote
obee1 wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
obee1 wrote:

wut r u gun do fer wurk?

Still teaching but at the school I was hoping for.

nice. well deserved hombre.

Congrats...

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 12:44 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:

army that would be so legit.
i have friends associated with patagonia and we visited their store in salt lake city. that would be a dream job for me. i mos def would propose considerin that neck of the woods if something became available.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 12:49 Quote
Plus. The biking and ski scene is legit here...

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
Yah turkey like to be up high. They are nervous f*ckers! We had a hen 5 feet in front of the blind today. She just stood there looking at us. We could see her eyelashes moving she was so close. I think I could hear my sons heartbeat.........lol

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 13:35 Quote
obee1 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

army that would be so legit.
i have friends associated with patagonia and we visited their store in salt lake city. that would be a dream job for me. i mos def would propose considerin that neck of the woods if something became available.

It’s a little below my skill level but snow industry would be rad. I’d go back to bell giro too. Especially if they put me in Utah on snow.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 15:37 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Yah turkey like to be up high. They are nervous f*ckers! We had a hen 5 feet in front of the blind today. She just stood there looking at us. We could see her eyelashes moving she was so close. I think I could hear my sons heartbeat.........lol
Just for you dragon, 15 feet out my back door

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 17:07 Quote
Yeah K2 is a go. But you’ll want to live close to the shop. They have offices downtown but I think Chef’s right, they press on vashon island.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 17:12 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
whoadragon wrote:
Just for you dragon, 15 feet out my back door

Shes got a perty beak! Hubba hubba ding ding.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 17:50 Quote
I guess I'ma poultry pedophile, I like the chicks ! LOL

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 18:43 Quote
So at 298,000 km the 5.4L in my F150 just tapped out. Noting too dramatic. Just sounds like a mariachi band is playing under my hood now. The shop said it'll blow up soon. So, it's new truck time I guess. Sad though, it's been a good truck.Frown

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 19:25 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
So at 298,000 km the 5.4L in my F150 just tapped out. Noting too dramatic. Just sounds like a mariachi band is playing under my hood now. The shop said it'll blow up soon. So, it's new truck time I guess. Sad though, it's been a good truck.Frown

God I hated the 5.4 in our expedition. Spark plugs were terrible to do. And it cracked the plastic intake twice.. But it also had 245k miles on it.. So can't really complain that much.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024666
Mobile Version of Website