Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 19:36 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
So at 298,000 km the 5.4L in my F150 just tapped out. Noting too dramatic. Just sounds like a mariachi band is playing under my hood now. The shop said it'll blow up soon. So, it's new truck time I guess. Sad though, it's been a good truck.Frown

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 19:52 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
So at 298,000 km the 5.4L in my F150 just tapped out. Noting too dramatic. Just sounds like a mariachi band is playing under my hood now. The shop said it'll blow up soon. So, it's new truck time I guess. Sad though, it's been a good truck.Frown

God I hated the 5.4 in our expedition. Spark plugs were terrible to do. And it cracked the plastic intake twice.. But it also had 245k miles on it.. So can't really complain that much.
For sure. It was living on borrowed time. I was hoping to get another year out of it, for the last two years! I just hate buying new vehicles. It's painful. That was the first one I'd ever bought new. My daughter's civic is currently just sitting in the driveway. I may just steal that thing for a bit. But the thought of trusting my bike on a trunk mount rack scares the shit out of me.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 20:06 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
urinalmint wrote:

God I hated the 5.4 in our expedition. Spark plugs were terrible to do. And it cracked the plastic intake twice.. But it also had 245k miles on it.. So can't really complain that much.
For sure. It was living on borrowed time. I was hoping to get another year out of it, for the last two years! I just hate buying new vehicles. It's painful. That was the first one I'd ever bought new. My daughter's civic is currently just sitting in the driveway. I may just steal that thing for a bit. But the thought of trusting my bike on a trunk mount rack scares the shit out of me.

you've worked all your life, you drove the same truck for 300 klicks and you brought up kids. buy a new truck and do it in alberta. you deserve the truck and you deserve to save the money.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 20:36 Quote
I bet there are deals to be had on new vehicles right now.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 21:02 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Tonnes, doing it in Ab will save him a bunch of tax...

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 21:05 Quote
obee1 wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

you've worked all your life, you drove the same truck for 300 klicks and you brought up kids. buy a new truck and do it in alberta. you deserve the truck and you deserve to save the money.
Yup, that's the plan obee. I haven't started to look yet but there should be some good deals out there right now.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 21:06 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
We get dinged with PST/GST anyway every time you register a vehicle.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 21:09 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
obee1 wrote:
urinalmint wrote:

Yup, that's the plan obee. I haven't started to look yet but there should be some good deals out there right now.
Check Jim Patterson leasing, they have lease returns with 40-50,000km was looking at trucks the other day.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 22:30 Quote
d-man wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
obee1 wrote:

Check Jim Patterson leasing, they have lease returns with 40-50,000km was looking at trucks the other day.
Will do. Thx.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 0:21 Quote
I do believe you get dinged with the tax anyway when to register it in B.C no?

Speaking of vehicles, new wheels and tires have been ordered for my ride. The grocery getter tires that came on the OEM rims will be taken off and replaced with winter tires for da snowy season. All that and it will still only cost me 1/3 of what a good spec'd MTB does. Crazy.
I've got four sets of various 16" and 17" summer and winter SUV tires to unload from vehicles I no longer own if anyone is looking for used rubber.

PS- It was 30 degrees here this afternoon. When I got my car with heated and ventilated seats my thought was... well... I don't really need ventilated seats but it's there so so be it. I still don't neeeeed them but man was it ever nice after a long warm MTB ride this evening. lol Cool

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
Hmmmm heated seats are a proven no go... too hot... ventilated???? Like blowing AC on your bottom? That just seems like the seats are fighting back against farts...

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 7:32 Quote
I really enjoy my heated / ventilated seats ! Love having that warm seat on cold winter days, having to get in and out multiple times a day, and when we get that HOT weather here it is nice to have that cool breeze on the nether regions !

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 8:08 Quote

From the guy that brought you the glitter bomb...

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
d-man wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
We get dinged with PST/GST anyway every time you register a vehicle.

i was nervous that this might be the case. good intentions, poor research. sign of the times.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 8:54 Quote
Just wanna say, the free tax programs we can use in Canada just own. Second year in a row taxes done in 10 minutes.

Would that the US would allow such things since they still make me file despite being here for 15 plus years, such a pain to tell them every year that nope, we're good, Canada has be covered tax wise.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026898
Mobile Version of Website