Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 19:39 Quote
husstler wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
husstler wrote:

I can't ban it. Changed the spelling of my username, if someone else can do so that would be great.
I can't on mobile app, I'll try from desktop later.

Any of you guys ever order wheels from light bicycle? Just ordered some DT 240 32mm wide 45mm deep wheels for the road bike... heard good things and for under a grand its a pretty sweet deal.

I can vouch for Light Bicycle too, good stuff. Last set I had did 2 years under me and another 4 under a guy that's not afraid of jumps. Finally broke but well earned. Would buy again.

I bought a set of light bicycle wheels for my previous Kona Process. I finally blew up the rear rim last season after 4.5 years on it. Only cracked because I was running maybe 16-18lbs in the rear tire and I landed on a sharp edge rock off of a drop. I would/am riding those rims again. For the new Process I had a 29/27.5 set laced up. No issues with the new set yet.
Next carbon wheels for me will be We Are One because Canada, warranty, and they are a 2 minute drive from my house. Plus Dustin is a good dude.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 20:30 Quote
I’ve got a set of Carbon Nextie AM40 Reinforced wheels laced to hope pro 4 hubs on the DH bike that have been going strong for 4 yrs without touching a spoke.

On the new pedal bike there’s the Bontrager Line Elite Carbon 30 wheels. For $1,200 Canuck bucks full retail they’re a bargain.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 21:03 Quote
I wish I knew who made Bontrager's hoops... seriously amazed the front wheel didn't get destroyed here.

Views: 169    Faves: 0    Comments: 9

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 21:16 Quote
Holy shit Eek

You're one tough mofo!!!!!

Bontrager carbon infused with essence of DBBF for even moar stronger to last longer lol

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 4:52 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I wish I knew who made Bontrager's hoops... seriously amazed the front wheel didn't get destroyed here.

That’s f*ckin bad ass bro!!! Glad you got footy .
You smoked that German lol

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 5:07 Quote
Scud missile incoming!

And that is why I don't ride on the road.

Although I am a guy who got destroyed by a scooter kid recently.......

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 5:09 Quote
That was like one of those war vids that shows the missiles incoming and then boom!

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 7:29 Quote
Yeah Roam, Lifecycles, follow me those movies really get me into a riding mood.
I really miss DH racing that is one guilty pleasure where I lose all senses except visuals (my kids and exwife can vouch for that!)

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 8:07 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:

this reminds me of ickey woods looking for a hole behind his o line in the super bowl and ronnie lott filling the gap.

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 8:11 Quote
I think getting hit by Ronnie would hurt more !!!

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 8:56 Quote
Holy shit BBLB, that's gnarly. You fully Superman'd that truck ...

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 9:13 Quote
obee1 wrote:
these are two of the territories on that map i shared a week or so ago. wolf for the yukon, narwhal and fox for NWT.
i'm carving specific details that compliment the flora/fauna of each province. feel free to propose ideas for the rest of the provinces i am about to carve. i have plans already but i'd love to hear some of your ideas for each province.

Nunavut next.

Without even thinking about it, it wants a bear and an eagle. These could be in either Alberta or BC. I don't think that it belongs on this work, but I'd like to see a mountain or mountains that are also a church. Cause I'm going to church today and you know where that is.

Clocked a 45+ km ride yestiddy. Ready to go again today. This part of the summer is all about reducing the suffering that's coming up with the bigger rides that will happen when the snow is gone.

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 11:16 Quote
O'b, this is beautiful work. I'm amazed by the detail in each image so far. How did you do the interprovincial lines so accurately?

I have some tongue in cheek ideas for a few provinces:

Alberta - white sunglasses and a can of pilsner, and a giant Ralph Klein phallus drinking the beer and wearing the glasses
Ontario - Drake blowing Bieber on the back of a Toronto Raptor, parked in 401 traffic
Quebec - a pack of Du Mauriers and some oka cheese, in Celines butt[/Quote]

kind words, thanks dude. i just cut the wood carefully. keep an eye out for easter eggs btw.

i like your ideas and levers as well. i was considering doing the moneybags character from monopoly for ontario, but a carving of nut butter drake is a check off the old bucket list for sure.
i have to assume you knew i was gonna carve celines butt for quebec by the choice of walnut i used...

bears and eagles eh?

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
Craftsmanship. Excellent.

I'm sure when people look at a piece like that, they all see something they like or focus on. For me, it's almost always the difficulty level of even making the piece that catches my attention first.

Maybe a fleur de lis for Quebec? Too obvious?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025472
Mobile Version of Website