Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 19:41 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Primer grey is a win!!!!
The 55 chev from the movie two lane blacktop is a winner too!
Love that drag strip era!

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 19:43 Quote
If it is that old, runs and rolls, it's a win for me !

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 19:55 Quote
the roadrunner badge is under the driver side mirror. beautiful car.
dragon i love carbs too, the waistline can attest, but i can't tolerate unburnt fumes sitting at a stoplight anymore. im down with restomods and fuel injection. or else a well tuned carburetor please.

all im gonna say about netflix is that they arent the kind of business that releases a show like that innocently. way too many researchers and algorythymns. confrontation and conflict equals attention these days, and attention like the way we are talking is money.

nissan just released the new Z prototype.
https://carbuzz.com/news/say-hello-to-the-all-new-nissan-z-proto

i'm certain that the anonymity of that grill is terrible, but i'm conflicted about the rest.
as a performance car there are a lot of absent details- splitter, diffuser, engine intakes and vents, brake vents, active/static aero, etc. but its also a clean looking car with nods to its history.

i look at nissan as the japanese equivalent of dodge and the automotive equivalent of kawasaki. these motherf*ckers in the design teams must be fuelled on coke and hookers because they f*ckin leave the parachutes at home.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 20:06 Quote
I've always loved Z cars... that one seems like it's missing something, like it's an early stage rendering more than a finished car. I imagine aftermarket body kit companies will have a field day with it.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 20:07 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Classic Dodge for me:

70 Cuda
69 Dart GT
Early Satellites
68 Charger

Found more picks of that super car someone posted awhile go.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEv0KIUFkUj/?igshid=1nweq79ss0m3b

All excellent choices! I’d take any one of them.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 20:09 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Whole new levels of f*cked & wrong in today's society ..kids making adult decisions? They don't shit about f*ck all. Period

What is it that people really want? Hell on Earth?

I know what they should be doing - work, hard work

Far too much leisure time clearly does not work

Too much thinking , not enough 'doing'

Human... no, just f*cking apes

Speaking of kids making decisions . . . San Francisco is trying to pass a new law giving 16 year olds the right to vote. Really ??????

They’ll try to do anything for a vote, including giving felons, current inmates and non citizens the right to vote. And why they are now starting indoctrination at such a young age nowadays in schools.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 20:22 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
If I could only have one classic car , that's not my 69 cooper s mini.......

Guess it would have to be a 69 Dart GT.

But ratty. Muddled paint. Dirt on the rockers. Dings here and there. Cracked dash pad. Hula girl on dash. Upside down moroso oil pan for hood scoop.

But......mega power both stop and go.

Only a select few would ever understand what it truly was. Most would think its pos ratty old muscle car.

I've done shiny. I've done pristine. I've done car covers. I've waxed. Ive feather dusted.

I want something I beat the living f*ck out of and not feel bad. But is rad af if your a gearhead.

And NOT a f*cking hell cat motor. f*ck that's been over done I think.

A real motor. Brand new. But still not all electronic. Carbs. Big ones.

Real motors start when you pump the gas.....

Hell I dont even care if it's a Dodge power plant.

Gasp.....

If I had a bottomless wallet, I’d get an Art Morrison chassis with a modern drivetrain, big Wilwood brakes, big new 700+ Hp Blown and injected Hellcat motor with a Black 1965 Dodge Challenger body on it. It could do the track or strip. Roll cage too. Look old school mean but handle better than new.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 20:35 Quote
Maybe the Netflix kid movie thing is the perfect troll to bring the peds out of the wood work. A watch list gathering mechanism. Then the good people can round the f*ckers up and “Take care of things”.

You know what to do...
You... know...what... to do.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 20:35 Quote
Road Runner is dope.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 21:13 Quote
If I had a bottomless wallet, I’d get an Art Morrison chassis with a modern drivetrain, big Wilwood brakes, big new 700+ Hp Blown and injected Hellcat motor with a Black 1965 Dodge Challenger body on it. It could do the track or strip. Roll cage too. Look old school mean but handle better than new.[/Quote]

the hellephant would be fine with me.
or just about anything by the ring brothers.

https://ringbrothers.com/gallery

the defector, the unkl, g code( lever liked that one), the recoil, the bailout...these cars are just about the most desirable cars not called porsche.

oh shit what about singer?
http://singervehicledesign.com/works/

i could empty a bottomless wallet easy.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 21:20 Quote
So I may have built the most patriotic DJ here.. maybe anywhere... quite possibly the most patriotic “thing” ever...so... I named it Donald Pump for snickers....and yes its a bit much. Definitely going to need to be able to back this bitch up...

Donald Pump

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 21:48 Quote
obee1 wrote:
If I had a bottomless wallet, I’d get an Art Morrison chassis with a modern drivetrain, big Wilwood brakes, big new 700+ Hp Blown and injected Hellcat motor with a Black 1965 Dodge Challenger body on it. It could do the track or strip. Roll cage too. Look old school mean but handle better than new.

the hellephant would be fine with me.
or just about anything by the ring brothers.

https://ringbrothers.com/gallery

the defector, the unkl, g code( lever liked that one), the recoil, the bailout...these cars are just about the most desirable cars not called porsche.

oh shit what about singer?
http://singervehicledesign.com/works/

i could empty a bottomless wallet easy.[/Quote]

Wow, those ring brothers rides are all beyond awesome! All of those Mustangs reminded me, my dad had a 67 Mustang fastback with a 390 when I was a kid. That thing was bad ass and he got it sideways everywhere. Later he also had a really fast 71 formula firebird with a 455 SD. Then I later spanked the firebird with a 65 bug. It had a 1776 street motor and a 2265 drag motor with a giant cam, forged crank, h-beam rods and dual Weber 48IDA’s. The drag motor would get sideways in 3rd gear on street tires and when I put slicks on it it would pull the wheels off the ground. It would also do hi 11’s in the quarter. It was black with centerlines, bitchen blue plaid interior, close ratio tranny with line lock and a roll cage. Personalized plate was BEAZT. But I got so many tickets in that car I eventually had to sell it and get responsible so I could get a decent job. Good times!

Also, awesome DJ bike too sterling! Merika! F-yeah!

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 22:30 Quote
Holy Shit!
Have ya'll seen this? I'm just going to leave this right here.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 22:56 Quote
......my dad had a 67 Mustang fastback with a 390 when I was a kid. That thing was bad ass and he got it sideways everywhere. Later he also had a really fast 71 formula firebird with a 455 SD. Then I later spanked the firebird with a 65 bug. It had a 1776 street motor and a 2265 drag motor with a giant cam, forged crank, h-beam rods and dual Weber 48IDA’s. The drag motor would get sideways in 3rd gear on street tires and when I put slicks on it it would pull the wheels off the ground. It would also do hi 11’s in the quarter. It was black with centerlines, bitchen blue plaid interior, close ratio tranny with line lock and a roll cage. Personalized plate was BEAZT. But I got so many tickets in that car I eventually had to sell it and get responsible so I could get a decent job. Good times

Holy shit.
Pics?

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 23:42 Quote
Yeah I saw that remy video the first 2 seem a little nutty but I can see it... not sure I would if I was standing at the top. The last one is just nutty and I have trouble comprehending riding that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022681
Mobile Version of Website