Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 3:01 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
So I may have built the most patriotic DJ here.. maybe anywhere... quite possibly the most patriotic “thing” ever...so... I named it Donald Pump for snickers....and yes its a bit much. Definitely going to need to be able to back this bitch up...

Donald Pump

Donald Pump . . . LOL !!!

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 4:03 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
So I may have built the most patriotic DJ here.. maybe anywhere... quite possibly the most patriotic “thing” ever...so... I named it Donald Pump for snickers....and yes its a bit much. Definitely going to need to be able to back this bitch up...

Donald Pump

Donald Pump . . . LOL !!!

Swap those white lines for some red white and blue...????? ooo....get those blue 'first responder' flag stickers and place them bitches on there.

Donald Pump has my vote !
"Pump 2020 !!! Make America Huck Again...!"

"News Just In !!!! Jusse Smollett gets beatdown in the middle of the night at pump track by thugs wearing MAHA hats.... Beat him up but left his Carl Jr. burger at the scene....."

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 4:12 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
Hear hear. I'm a lover - not a fighter, but for those two things I would wreck a totally good baseball bat with teeth marks and blood. Don't kick a dog when he's down and leave your mitts off the children. That is all.

I think that I see a late 60's or early 70's C10 in the background, also in yellow. Nice pic Ster.

Levers - I'm with you on the bb bat sacrifice ..... so use a ceramic one ! durable and cleans up nice. meh...I'd probably use aluminum because it makes a f**king really cool sound when you crank someone with it. Barry Bonds those sick m-effers

I too peeped that C10....and the 'cheapest plastic seats you can buy from Summit' slapped in that Bronco. buuuut...if they use that thing 100, then they are easy to clean. I jokingly knock it but there very well could be a method to the madness...

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 6:00 Quote
Truck and trailer are hitched up! Just starting my day of work then as soon as I’m off I’m making my way toward the star!!!!

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 6:16 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Truck and trailer are hitched up! Just starting my day of work then as soon as I’m off I’m making my way toward the star!!!!

dude - enjoy !! ride safe Wink

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 6:18 Quote
obee1 wrote:
i look at nissan as the japanese equivalent of dodge and the automotive equivalent of kawasaki.

NISSAN? What's this Nissan you speak of?

Here is my DATSUN! Big Grin As it sits it is naturally aspirated with the original SU carbs, but I do have a 1981 280Z Turbo motor awaiting install........

photo

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 6:22 Quote
obee1 wrote:
......my dad had a 67 Mustang fastback with a 390 when I was a kid. That thing was bad ass and he got it sideways everywhere. Later he also had a really fast 71 formula firebird with a 455 SD. Then I later spanked the firebird with a 65 bug. It had a 1776 street motor and a 2265 drag motor with a giant cam, forged crank, h-beam rods and dual Weber 48IDA’s. The drag motor would get sideways in 3rd gear on street tires and when I put slicks on it it would pull the wheels off the ground. It would also do hi 11’s in the quarter. It was black with centerlines, bitchen blue plaid interior, close ratio tranny with line lock and a roll cage. Personalized plate was BEAZT. But I got so many tickets in that car I eventually had to sell it and get responsible so I could get a decent job. Good times

Holy shit.
Pics?

I wish. That, (the bug) was about 35 yrs ago, so if I have any pics, they’re probably buried in a box somewhere in the attic. I’ll look around, but I doubt it. I can remember it though like it was yesterday. Funny, but the wife says something, I forget 5min later. lol

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 6:31 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
obee1 wrote:
i look at nissan as the japanese equivalent of dodge and the automotive equivalent of kawasaki.

NISSAN? What's this Nissan you speak of?

Here is my DATSUN! Big Grin As it sits it is naturally aspirated with the original SU carbs, but I do have a 1981 280Z Turbo motor awaiting install........

Sweet ride PAC !! miss my old '79 RX-7. rotary...carbureted...pretty fast for 70 cubic inches... Wink

I like the first gen Z's.... SU's are easy to work on. The new Z looks meh...not cracked. Ass end looks like a Jensen Interceptor...but not anywhere near as cool....

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 6:35 Quote
Cars Drool

The speed is nutty in that Remi vid Eek

Sweet new DJ Ster!

Enjoy the last weekend at the star folks Salute

Mint, our garage is 100 sqft... our bikes rear tires are all resting on the ground so I think the configuration would work for you. I’ll measure later.

Happy Thursday All!

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 6:49 Quote

photo
[/Quote]

I really like the lines on that car. Super cool.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 6:59 Quote
That’s a classic indeed. Crazy long hood on those. Will cut your head off if she comes down. Lol

I will pass on any modern Nissan.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 7:31 Quote
Oooo that Datsun is rad!

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 7:35 Quote
My 240Z is unsafe as f*ck!

I was driving down I-5 one day, got into heavy traffic, looked to my right and I was traveling next to a semi. I could have pulled UNDER the trailer!!! I can only imagine what would happen if a large pickup or semi were to drive over this little wedge!

I am 6' 6" tall, and the roofline barely passes my hips! With that being said, (once I am in!) the driving position of this car is one of the most comfortable I have ever experienced, AND I can wear a ball cap with a little headroom to spare!

While not lightning fast (especially by todays' standards!), the stock 150HP feels pretty good as it only weighs like 2,200#.

If I can get 200-250HP from the turbo motor, it should be able to go stoplight to stoplight with todays' hot rods.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 7:36 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:

I was driving down I-5 one day, got into heavy traffic, looked to my right and I was traveling next to a semi. I could have pulled UNDER the trailer!!! I can only imagine what would happen if a large pickup or semi were to drive over this little wedge!

I am 6' 6" tall, and the roofline barely passes my hips! With that being said, (once I am in!) the driving position of this car is one of the most comfortable I have ever experienced, AND I can wear a ball cap with a little headroom to spare!

While not lightning fast (especially by todays' standards!), the stock 150HP feels pretty good as it only weighs like 2,200#.

If I can get 200-250HP from the turbo motor, it should be able to go stoplight to stoplight with todays' hot rods.

Irwin Fletcher...Is that you?

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 8:13 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:

I was driving down I-5 one day, got into heavy traffic, looked to my right and I was traveling next to a semi. I could have pulled UNDER the trailer!!!....

nawwwww man, you just have to try it once.

I was driving my old Spitfire back from Kansas to Atlanta straight through. Felt the need for a micro-nap at highway speeds apparently. Woke up easing my way under a trailer....rig driver all over the horn (that's what woke me up)...and trying to move away from me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.063946
Mobile Version of Website