Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 8:45 Quote
Lots of rain on the island this weekend. Just missed a massive downpour on my ride yesterday. I had a couple of light showers on the climb and the descent was rain free. Got back to the truck and loaded the bike and bam rain started falling.

Also cleaned the gutters yesterday morning so double win.

According to the weather channel dart board next week is going to be very wet.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 9:23 Quote
Had my sons 25th birthday party last night.

I managed to keep up and out drink most of em.

I am not 20 anymore......

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 11:46 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Had my sons 25th birthday party last night.

I managed to keep up and out drink most of em.

I am not 20 anymore......

Haha, you paying for it now?

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 16:19 Quote
Actually I'm fine. No f*cking idea how cause I drank 15 beer and half a 40 oz of Wizers.

Should be dead by my normall standards.....

Rode the DJ today with my sons wheel set on it. What a difference in stiff ness. Holy shit its solid now. Cant believe how much of a different ride it is.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 16:38 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Actually I'm fine. No f*cking idea how cause I drank 15 beer and half a 40 oz of Wizers.

Rode the DJ today with my sons wheel set on it. What a difference in stiff ness. Holy shit its solid now. Cant believe how much of a different ride it is.

Change your name to "partydragon" LOL

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 16:41 Quote
Good times for the final day at the park. It was good to see Jerome/James and get a few laps in.

Had trail bike burner lap through Rockstar with Jamezyo in the afternoon. Came around the corner in the middle section and Yo was down in the rhubarb. Still on his rubber but in the weeds. He rode it out. Lol
First word out of his mouth back in the line was “One DH bike for sale”. I foresee a long travel enduro with a Zeb in his future. LOL
He told me not to tell anyone. Figured I’d post it hear, nobody reads this forum.
Snicker snicker.

Silver Star 2020 in the books. \m/

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 16:42 Quote
I gained ledgend status last night with my sons crew.

His gf made ceasers today. Thought it would be funny to but 5 oz of vodka in mine. Extra spicy.

Never flinched. Nom nom nom.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 16:56 Quote
whoadragon wrote:

His gf made ceasers today. Thought it would be funny to but 5 oz of vodka in mine. Extra spicy.

Ha! Awesome.

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 0:52 Quote
whoadragon wrote:

Legend, it's just kidney muscle memory. Haha.

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 5:26 Quote
whoadragon wrote:

sounds like a legendary night dragon ! these young bucks forget that we invented partying...hahaha....
next morning young players are passed out all over floors, couches, and loveseats. Yet, who’s up cooking breakfast and getting ready to hit the trail...??? Us old bitches…

youth and ignorance is no match for age and treachery….

Twenty6ers4life wrote:
whoadragon wrote:
Started with Autograph, went to Crue and ended on Linkin Park for a test.

Opened garage door......two neighbors asking if this will be the norm?

Yeah. This is our new norm Karen.

lol Nice!

Lol…! All good suggestions….
I may have gone a little old-school after that garage door opened. The Floozies – “Love, Sex, and Fancy Things” or “F.U.” from Pigeons Playing Pingpong….

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 6:03 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Good times for the final day at the park. It was good to see Jerome/James and get a few laps in.

Had trail bike burner lap through Rockstar with Jamezyo in the afternoon. Came around the corner in the middle section and Yo was down in the rhubarb. Still on his rubber but in the weeds. He rode it out. Lol
First word out of his mouth back in the line was “One DH bike for sale”. I foresee a long travel enduro with a Zeb in his future. LOL
He told me not to tell anyone. Figured I’d post it hear, nobody reads this forum.
Snicker snicker.

Great laps shred !!
There’s no comparison between my 26” alum glory and 27.5 carbon enduro. Holy f*ck does this thing fly!!!!
I did two more rock to walk, t-bar kicker, and the new exit jump on prostar was made way easier on trail bike . Only thing I had issue with was keeping the single crown in check during some long blown out corners, wasn’t quite as fast and stable as dual crown fork, so there was a few cases there should not have been lol
Gona sell dh bike or Probably part it out frame has small crack . Put extra money into trail bike
Fox 38 or zeb. Maybe beefier rear shock.
Saturday rode dh bike for a few laps, was rainy and slow . So Sunday I wasn’t feeling like riding. Figured I’d take trail bike for a few slow laps just to get the feel for it.
I ended up riding harder and faster and had way more fun on my trail bike.
What a blast . I be back to shred next season!!!!

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 8:03 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Snicker snicker.

Great laps shred !!
There’s no comparison between my 26” alum glory and 27.5 carbon enduro. Holy f*ck does this thing fly!!!!
I did two more rock to walk, t-bar kicker, and the new exit jump on prostar was made way easier on trail bike . Only thing I had issue with was keeping the single crown in check during some long blown out corners, wasn’t quite as fast and stable as dual crown fork, so there was a few cases there should not have been lol
Gona sell dh bike or Probably part it out frame has small crack . Put extra money into trail bike
Saturday rode dh bike for a few laps, was rainy and slow . So Sunday I wasn’t feeling like riding. Figured I’d take trail bike for a few slow laps just to get the feel for it.

ride the enduro or ride a newer 27.5 DH bike made out of carbon and a lot lighter than your current DH?when I updated from a 2009 to a 2016 Session my bike dropped 4 pounds!

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 8:14 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Snicker snicker.

Great laps shred !!
Just a thought, when was the last time you had to he suspension serviced on your glory?

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 8:24 Quote
It’s a weight thing. Lighter bikes with bigger wheels are just faster. That’s why racer DH bikes are 29’er/mullet and 34-35lbs now.

That said you can’t beat the versatility a long travel Enduro. Light, fast and with Zeb’s or 38’s now it’s a no brainer. Add to that you can use your dropper when needed too. All win.

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
Is it the big chefs berfday today? HBDBC!!!!

I watched the first episode of that bbq show last night for your berfday. Tootsie is the shit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022520
Mobile Version of Website