Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 20:09 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Bought myself a new winter project.. 04 F350 with a 6 speed manual.

Typical Ford 6.0 Powerstroke that runs like shit and has tons of issues.. But body and transmission are in great shape and I picked it up for really cheap.

Now have to locate a good solid 12 valve cummins and I'll have my dream work truck dialed in..

photo
Didn't realize that was a six speed, that's gonna be a bitchin truck once you get the motor swap done!

Yeah I bought it barley running because it was a 4x4 6 speed.. That makes the Cummins swap about 4k cheaper to start with a manual truck already.

I think I have a doner truck lined up for the price that most engines along go for.. Just have to convince the wife to let me scrap one more truck this year.. I have done 2 already for parts for my 66 Ford and a 3rd may be too much for her.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 20:13 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

U r correct. ESPN + needed. I’m watching now, but I let it get ahead then rewind it so I can ff commercials. First fight was brutal! Can’t wait for the main event. It should be good. Next weekends fight even bigger/better but its PPV. Khabib vs Justin Gaethje

Lame. Not a fan of this new network streaming crap.

Me neither, but still can’t wait for next weeks fight. They’re both beasts and I like both fighters, but I want Gaethje, because Merica! He’s just so unassuming and seems like such a nice guy, you wouldn’t even know he was a fighter outside of the cage if it weren’t for his cauliflower ears. Tonight’s main was kind of a lop sided let down. I thought it was going to be a lot closer and more competitive. Taking the DH to the bike park tomorrow. Jailbreak

yeah tonights fight with ortega and zombie was a bit disappointing, but ortega showed a new side to his arsenal, ad zombie lacked a plan B. which was surprising after the leonard garcia wars and yair rodriguez. those were three of the best wars ever.
i think ortega deserves a title bout and i think he can beat volkanovski.
i love both khabib and Gaethje. honourable warriors with unique skillsets and great heart. a wise man has been saying that Gaethje is the worst matchup for khabib due to his high level defensive wrestling background, so i'm excited to see the first person fighting khabib with a chance of winning instead of a hope of not losing.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 20:18 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
photo

holy shit. this has a V8 in it? love the paint job, love the look overall, but how? like, how many holes were drilled to mount it? drivetrain? drive shaft? f*cking cool man.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 20:24 Quote
obee1 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
photo

holy shit. this has a V8 in it? love the paint job, love the look overall, but how? like, how many holes were drilled to mount it? drivetrain? drive shaft? f*cking cool man.

That car is cool ! I started looking around on the web and was SURPRISED to see that it is a pretty common swap. More than a few companies making kits with headers, mounts, cross members ect. My friend did his all himself and said it was not as bad as he thought.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 20:31 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
photo

This car with a LS engine? Sign me up!

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 20:32 Quote
Install was stupid clean. Tons of articles on this car and his yellow one. I tried to buy this one but it was a bit rich for my blood. Lol. Looked like this when he sold it. Article has motor pictures.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/04/v-hate-perfect-240z/

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 20:38 Quote
I thought my 260 was pretty quick with the straight 6 and a few mods, can't imagine what one of those feels like to drive.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 20:42 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
I thought my 260 was pretty quick with the straight 6 and a few mods, can't imagine what one of those feels like to drive.

His straight 6 z is quick too. It was featured on speed hunters too. Think my other buddies 510 was too. It’s called datzilla

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 21:13 Quote
It would be so fun to be rich... Like I don't want to buy the most expensive anything or really be a rich entitled a*shole.... I just want to have a shop where buddies and I can dream up the craziest stupid shit and then have the tools and time to actually build it.

Buddy and I want to build a STi swapped VW Beetle.. Then we discussed a hayabusa powered smart car.. Then doing a couple classic kit cars.. Then we want a w12 shoved into the cargo area of his Subaru forester as a mid engine monster...

I just want to to be independently wealthy where we can try to build weird shit that would be stupid fun..

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 21:32 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
Motor swap . . . ran into an old friend today driving a 240Z with a LS1. So sweet ! He actually bought my old 260Z from me in 1986. I had not seen him in over 20 years. We both were shocked how fast time has flown by.
In terms of smoking tires, that's awesome... but honestly, that kills everything that made that such a great car. I'd way rather swap in a more modern turbo 6 like the L28ET or even a Toyota 2JZ or late model Mazda 13B. Going small block Chevy is just using a shoehorn and a lack of creativity.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 21:36 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
ATV25 wrote:
Motor swap . . . ran into an old friend today driving a 240Z with a LS1. So sweet ! He actually bought my old 260Z from me in 1986. I had not seen him in over 20 years. We both were shocked how fast time has flown by.
In terms of smoking tires, that's awesome... but honestly, that kills everything that made that such a great car. I'd way rather swap in a more modern turbo 6 like the L28ET or even a Toyota 2JZ or late model Mazda 13B. Going small block Chevy is just using a shoehorn and a lack of creativity.

Not really, it’s lighter and sits lower in the frame rails.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 21:39 Quote
Here’s the Engine bay of his yellow one. The last had nothing to do with a lack of creativity.

photo

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 21:40 Quote
Swan, I'm not a Ford guy by any stretch, but that truck should be cool once you ditch that Ford motor! At least the body looks like it's in great shape.

Motor swaps are fun! That's a nice Z there... Personally I'd probably leave a straight 6 in there, but upgrade the induction system to individual carbs, or maybe three 2 barrels, if it didn't already have that setup originally, some of them did. The LS1 would be my next choice though.

Speaking of cool Z swaps, did you guys ever see the Roadkill Rotsun? I can't find a decent clip on youtube to post, but it was a rusted out old S30 chassis that they swapped a GM 4.3 V6 and a turbo into. Pretty great junkyard hot rodding! That's the same motor I have in my truck right now, makes me think about turbos... Then again, a nice 6.0L LQ4 engine would be an easier to swap into my old Chevy than going turbo, and far more reliable as well. Shit guys, don't get me started on car talk, I can go on and on!

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 21:41 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
ATV25 wrote:

LOL... I am the guy shoving a 12v Cummins into a Ford... That's just as unoriginal as LS Swaping a RX-7 or a miata.

But mine is out of practicality..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.077905
Mobile Version of Website