Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 19:21 Quote
Ooooo its called Tread! Thanks huss that looks fantastic!

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 19:28 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
Anyone try running a shorter offset fork?
Or ride new bike with 37mm like patrol?

Funny u should mention that, my Uzzi has a Fox 36 180 with a 37 offset, 64* HTA and I just put a reduced offset, (48 from 52) drop triple clamp on my Fox 40 on my M9. I wanted to be able to put 20mm or more spacer under the top triple for a little more rise and I couldn’t do that with the stock triple, plus I wanted reduced offset since I’m running 26+ (27.5 in diameter). I just ran the DH yesterday at the bike park and it was much better. The front end would sometimes push with the 52 offset and it jumped front end heavy. I also changed the Angleset from 62.5* to 63.5*. Now it turns much better without pushing and jumps much better too. I think if your running 26 or 27.5, you’ll like the reduced offset. Here is a good article on what shorter offset will do and a trail calculator.

https://nsmb.com/articles/short-fork-offset-whats-it-good/

http://yojimg.net/bike/web_tools/trailcalc.php
My bike felt a bit washy at the park and at times felt a bit to far in the back seat.
Reducing the offset will shorten bike by 9mm
Putting a bit more weight over front tire making it more stable. Plus more nimble.
Hope she pops!!
Shop called tonight saying bike is ready .
I said put 5 tokens into that bitch before I pick it up!

That’s exactly what I got on my M9, more stable, less floppy and more nimble, win/win. I’ve only ever had a 37 offset on my Uzzi, so nothing to compare it to.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 19:28 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
husstler wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Anyone ever think it would be fun to have a tank? Just go apeshit running over everything like that guy years back in ... Cali? Can’t remember where... but he went a little nutzo. I think that sounds fun right about now....

I think there's a Netflix documentary about that guy.

No way.... I have to try and find that

I want to say it was in the San Diego area. Funny as hell !

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 19:30 Quote
Shawn Nelson was his name and yes it was in San Diego !

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 19:31 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
husstler wrote:

I think there's a Netflix documentary about that guy.

No way.... I have to try and find that

I want to say it was in the San Diego area. Funny as hell !

Didn’t they eventually open the top and off the guy? My memory is a little fuzzy but I thought that’s what happened.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 19:49 Quote
I can’t recall i just remember his rampage...

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 19:49 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
whoadragon wrote:
Ya a foz is rad when turbod. None around here do would be unique too.

But the only cars I'd ever want to actually put the effort into for a build would be my mini dream, 5.0 notch back fox body , a subie bug or true 30s Ford or dodge ratrod.

Really for a go fast small car I just wanna turnkey and go. No tweaking. No leaking. No rusting. No cursing. Go fast. Smile.

They made them turbo and 5 speed from the factory.. And they were 220hp stock.. But as I mentioned, a simple takeoff STi turbo, intercooler and tuner gets you 300hp.. An afternoon of work at most.

But really, Your in Canada land.. Import a JDM Turbo fozz.. 7k CAD I think..

And BBLB.. An automatic Turbo fozz has be had for 5k.. Lift is another 2k for tires and lift.. Pretty reasonable for a fun play car.

I’m planning on it for my new forester once the warranty lapses in 3 years.. Lift (2in), tires/wheels and any mod that can deliver some more fun... drove some fire roads in Leavenworth this weekend with it, what a hoot!

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 20:23 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
whoadragon wrote:
Ya a foz is rad when turbod. None around here do would be unique too.

But the only cars I'd ever want to actually put the effort into for a build would be my mini dream, 5.0 notch back fox body , a subie bug or true 30s Ford or dodge ratrod.

Really for a go fast small car I just wanna turnkey and go. No tweaking. No leaking. No rusting. No cursing. Go fast. Smile.

They made them turbo and 5 speed from the factory.. And they were 220hp stock.. But as I mentioned, a simple takeoff STi turbo, intercooler and tuner gets you 300hp.. An afternoon of work at most.

And BBLB.. An automatic Turbo fozz has be had for 5k.. Lift is another 2k for tires and lift.. Pretty reasonable for a fun play car.

I’m planning on it for my new forester once the warranty lapses in 3 years.. Lift (2in), tires/wheels and any mod that can deliver some more fun... drove some fire roads in Leavenworth this weekend with it, what a hoot!

I wish I had documented the stupid shit I did in my beater turbo fozz.. I jumped that car a few times, constantly jumping curbs and ditches, drifting every dirt road possible, etc..

I only was 1800 into that car and beat it every time I drove it... Everyone needs to own a beater car like that at some point.

photo

What it was when I sold it.

photo

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 20:24 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Wife wants a mini van... how bout all wheel drive Astro van!!! On some MT,s with rack!
That's loopie's ride!

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 20:28 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

I wish I had documented the stupid shit I did in my beater turbo fozz.. I jumped that car a few times, constantly jumping curbs and ditches, drifting every dirt road possible, etc..

I only was 1800 into that car and beat it every time I drove it... Everyone needs to own a beater car like that at some point.

photo

What it was when I sold it.

photo

I'd happily drive one of those, looks like the right kind of price range for truly not giving a shit about it.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 20:39 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
Wife wants a mini van... how bout all wheel drive Astro van!!! On some MT,s with rack!

f*ck yes.

Tried to get my brother to buy one a couple months ago. Was armored.

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 20:47 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
jamezyo wrote:

f*ck yes.

Tried to get my brother to buy one a couple months ago. Was armored.

I'm thinking something like this would be perfection!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHj4h7fAKBQ

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 20:55 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Shawn Nelson... that was back when I was still in high school, like 94 or 95, dude stole a tank from the nat guard armory and rampaged through San Diego. f*cking legend.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 22:55 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Shawn Nelson... that was back when I was still in high school, like 94 or 95, dude stole a tank from the nat guard armory and rampaged through San Diego. f*cking legend.

I remember that one. The doco is that other guy that armored a tractor and went nuts. Forgot there were two!

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 23:12 Quote
Put some snobbies on the fozzy

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.058928
Mobile Version of Website