Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 23:16 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I can’t recall i just remember his rampage...
Shawn Nelson... that was back when I was still in high school, like 94 or 95, dude stole a tank from the nat guard armory and rampaged through San Diego. f*cking legend.

I remember that one. The doco is that other guy that armored a tractor and went nuts. Forgot there were two!
Killdozer!!!

They f*cked that guy so he went HAM!

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 5:34 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Shawn Nelson... that was back when I was still in high school, like 94 or 95, dude stole a tank from the nat guard armory and rampaged through San Diego. f*cking legend.

I remember that one. The doco is that other guy that armored a tractor and went nuts. Forgot there were two!
Killdozer!!!

They f*cked that guy so he went HAM!

shit was epic ! I sooooooooooooo want to just drive over shit in a tank....

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 6:32 Quote
Killdozer! Ha! Yeah thats the one. So crazy. I m watching that today.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 7:02 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
I could do a van. But no mini van. And not one of those fancy Instagram van life ones. I want a man’s van: 4x4, winch, greasy mural and bubble window. Maybe some shag carpet too. There’s actually a place in the Loops by the campsite we stayed in that does van 4x4 conversions. They had one sitting in their compound last time I was there. Full sized ford with some big mud tires. Looked bad ass. But I’m sure they’re expensive as hell.

My buddy who is a vehicle wholesaler has a 4x4 van for sale. it's a Ford van with a 7.3 Liter Navistar diesel engine a 4x4 conversion and it was used as a site ambulance so the final piece of conversion to camping would be really easy.

Mint, just let me know if you are interested and I can send you some pics!

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 8:21 Quote
I really like my camper van. I got a rough quote from Clydesdale in Kamloops of $15k to convert to 4wheel drive. Can't justify that right now cause I'm not planning on off roading it but I am putting air bags on the rear to be able to gain some clearance if needed. Probably going to swap out the differential to a posi trac too, it's geared pretty high so I'd like to go to 4.10 gears. Don't need to travel at 130km/hr but do need some help on the mountain passes.
A custom rear bumper would be nice too with a storage box for camping tools.
Maybe a tiny wood stove so I can use it in the winter, it has a propane furnace but wood stove heat is so comfortable and quiet.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 9:47 Quote
jerome wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
I could do a van. But no mini van. And not one of those fancy Instagram van life ones. I want a man’s van: 4x4, winch, greasy mural and bubble window. Maybe some shag carpet too. There’s actually a place in the Loops by the campsite we stayed in that does van 4x4 conversions. They had one sitting in their compound last time I was there. Full sized ford with some big mud tires. Looked bad ass. But I’m sure they’re expensive as hell.

My buddy who is a vehicle wholesaler has a 4x4 van for sale. it's a Ford van with a 7.3 Liter Navistar diesel engine a 4x4 conversion and it was used as a site ambulance so the final piece of conversion to camping would be really easy.

Mint, just let me know if you are interested and I can send you some pics!
Damn, that would be awesome. But I think I better pass for now. I just bought this guy in June:

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 9:52 Quote
d-man wrote:
I really like my camper van. I got a rough quote from Clydesdale in Kamloops of $15k to convert to 4wheel drive. Can't justify that right now cause I'm not planning on off roading it but I am putting air bags on the rear to be able to gain some clearance if needed. Probably going to swap out the differential to a posi trac too, it's geared pretty high so I'd like to go to 4.10 gears. Don't need to travel at 130km/hr but do need some help on the mountain passes.
Maybe a tiny wood stove so I can use it in the winter, it has a propane furnace but wood stove heat is so comfortable and quiet.

Go get a few six packs...

swan will come do the 4x conversion, heelie will put a skirt on it, and magnum will do a rottweilers nut sack mural on the back end for ya lol

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 10:25 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
d-man wrote:

swan will come do the 4x conversion, heelie will put a skirt on it, and magnum will do a rottweilers nut sack mural on the back end for ya lol

I can see it now ... The Blue Ball Cruiser

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 10:41 Quote
husstler wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
d-man wrote:

I can see it now ... The Blue Ball Cruiser

Breaking news - "Two PB legends duke it out on Street Outlaws....!!!! It's The Blue Ball Cruiser vs. The Stool Bus"....

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 11:12 Quote
I had a 2003 Ford E350 converted by Clydesdale.
TTB, manual transfer case, manual warn hubs, V10
Was a beast.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 13:22 Quote
d-man wrote:
A winch will get you out of a lot of trouble when your rig is RWD.
Lots of hidden winch kits out there.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 13:38 Quote
d-man wrote:
That seems stupid high for a conversion... is that the going rate?

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
d-man wrote:
That seems stupid high for a conversion... is that the going rate?

Front axle
Rear axle
Lift
Transfer case
Probably a new tail cone on the transmission
Driveshaft x 2
Springs and shocks
Control arms
Brackets
Custom fab to get it all together
Steering
Bigger tires, new wheels

It is a high number, but consider that it's Canadian $. That's only $19 USD once you do some converting.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 13:48 Quote
Oh, I forgot about the Canadaland dollar conversion... sounds about right.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.040435
Mobile Version of Website