PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 13:26 Quote
Smart.

Thats a fun looking drop mint!

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 15:28 Quote
obee1 wrote:
When I see a setup like that Alaskan mill my first question is usually how do you get the logs moved around?

Like just drag them around with a small tractor?

hustler, go look up a cant hook with a log bar attachment. a cant hook or a peavey does well to move wood. i'll never go back in the bush with a saw and not a cant hook. but you can mill lumber in the bush without an alaskan mill. you need good saw control, but its doable.
this oughta reincarnate some canadian childhood memories..

if you remember this, you old. and likely eastern.[/Quote]

Grew up in Cowtown and remember this from my childhood fondly. The NFB has some beauties. The Cat Came Back and the Railrodder with Buster Keaton are two others that pop to mind....

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 16:28 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
None
None

Oh hell yeah man. Thats going to be so f*cking rad!

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 16:41 Quote
Hello baby blue done right....

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 17:17 Quote
As far as manual labour. I fn love it.

I work in a cable factory. We make some big shit. When it goes faulty in production after the test cage there are reels that the cage cant figure out where the fault is. So...... I use a Megger to find them. It's a super manual process. I have a fenced in cage that surround the machine I run to spool from reel to reel on. I'm basically locked in and inside a test cage with me running the machine. 12,000 volts. I figure out where the fault is and reel up to it. Retest and confirm manually by feel........ with special gloves on .....then cut out the fault and re test both sides.

The reels are 96 " tall. Weigh 3500 kg. I load them by hand. Pull up to my rollers by hand . Pull past rollers by hand. Use a makita portable band saw to cut up up to 100m of 3.5 inch to 4 inch dia cable by hand. Put the cable into a scrap box that 4 feet high. By hand.

Every thing is heavy asf. Literally I am the only one who will do it.

I am literally the only one who can with out a lift truck. I do use one obviously to get them to my machine.but it's all manual labour after. I'm supposed to have a helper. I've had 9.

The last one just quit . Said I work too hard. Lol.

My dad taught me 2 things:
You have your word.
You have your work ethic.

After that people will judge you on everything,
But you will always be a honest and hard worker.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 17:42 Quote
AMEN Dragon ! Your father's a wise man.

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 18:14 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
AMEN Dragon ! Your father's a wise man.
I was thinking the same thing!

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 18:17 Quote
Great minds think alike ! LOL

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 18:19 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
Great minds think alike ! LOL
Salute

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 18:25 Quote
Thing that gets me is theres 125 people on the floor. I am the only one? f*cking lazy mother f*ckers.

I love manual labour. The harder the better.

Its honest work. It's what build the world. Nothing would exist without heavy manual labour.

Industry is turning into a pussy ass filled mine field of bigger pansies than the last a*shole that managed to get out of doing thier job because it was heavy or hot or thier panties were bunched up.

f*ck. f*cking. f*ckers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.051049
Mobile Version of Website