Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 9:49 Quote
seraph wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Sell your body fool!! Prostitution all the things!!!


lol lol lol I’m sure the wife would approve of that. I do like the new Bullit though, so maybe I’ll have to risk it, but only high end rich bitches! Na im sain? tup

We got two yesterday. Nice bikes, but the long travel combined with the ebike weight makes them tough to throw around. They'd be better on descents without twisty turns.

You start to get used to it. It’s a different type of riding for sure. The Bullit looks fun.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
Happy-retirement-but-still-working-full-time-iversary Relapse Salute

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 10:38 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
seraph wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:



lol lol lol I’m sure the wife would approve of that. I do like the new Bullit though, so maybe I’ll have to risk it, but only high end rich bitches! Na im sain? tup

We got two yesterday. Nice bikes, but the long travel combined with the ebike weight makes them tough to throw around. They'd be better on descents without twisty turns.

You start to get used to it. It’s a different type of riding for sure. The Bullit looks fun.

Oh, I mean vs regular ebikes. It's a cumbersome beast even compared to something like a Levo.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 11:06 Quote
seraph wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Sell your body fool!! Prostitution all the things!!!


lol lol lol I’m sure the wife would approve of that. I do like the new Bullit though, so maybe I’ll have to risk it, but only high end rich bitches! Na im sain? tup

We got two yesterday. Nice bikes, but the long travel combined with the ebike weight makes them tough to throw around. They'd be better on descents without twisty turns.

Down tube is way to bulky on the Bullit. In a world where E-bikes seem to be getting lighter and thinner/more normal looking that new SC ride seems like a step backwards to 2018.
It’s not for me but I do like the long travel.

I’m going to hold out for a 170/170 29 RS motor model. Someone will make one. Right now there’s only 2 trail bike versions with the lower power RS motor. (That I know of)
An RS long travel bike will be significantly lighter and easier to throw around then the full powered beasts being offered right now. The RS motor is all the assistance I will need to self shuttle as long as I can get 2-3 fire road shuttles out of the smaller battery. If so, I’m good. If not I’ll get a spare battery.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 11:19 Quote
Maybe romanticizing things a bit in my own rose coloured glasses... but why are people talking about ebikes... I can buy two dual sport bikes for the price of an E and they’ll still be worth something in two years.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 11:21 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Maybe romanticizing things a bit in my own rose coloured glasses... but why are people talking about ebikes... I can buy two dual sport bikes for the price of an E and they’ll still be worth something in two years.

Way too expensive to justify the cost for a mediocre setup. The new SC is silly.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 11:24 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Maybe romanticizing things a bit in my own rose coloured glasses... but why are people talking about ebikes... I can buy two dual sport bikes for the price of an E and they’ll still be worth something in two years.
I see the ebike demographic being people with great bike handling skills but shit cardio who want to ride trails that their lungs can no longer take them to.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 11:42 Quote
Sooo expensive. Top tier bullit I s $12k. At that point I’d rather get a full moto.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 11:43 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
Maybe romanticizing things a bit in my own rose coloured glasses... but why are people talking about ebikes... I can buy two dual sport bikes for the price of an E and they’ll still be worth something in two years.
I see the ebike demographic being people with great bike handling skills but shit cardio who want to ride trails that their lungs can no longer take them to.
This is partly true but with my crew we are all pretty fit and the e bike is a means to ride 50 kms instead of 25.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Sooo expensive. Top tier bullit I s $12k. At that point I’d rather get a full moto.
It's up there ya but a top level mega tower is 10k?
There's about a 2k price increase for an Ebike at most spec ranges compared to regular bikes.
I have struggled with the moto comparison too but a moto is just different. Bigger, heavier, noisy, Hot in the summer, you're wearing full gear
Licence, insurance, fuel....
Ebike is simple, sort of.
Each to their own but the Ebike has no negative sides other than price where the moto has a few.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 12:08 Quote
Im neither for nor against them honestly... I was opinionated early on but that has completely diffused.
Whatever floats your boat... could I use one coming up... yup... can I afford one... nah.

Still prefer the simplicity of a nice aggro hardtail.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 12:19 Quote
seraph wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Sell your body fool!! Prostitution all the things!!!


lol lol lol I’m sure the wife would approve of that. I do like the new Bullit though, so maybe I’ll have to risk it, but only high end rich bitches! Na im sain? tup

We got two yesterday. Nice bikes, but the long travel combined with the ebike weight makes them tough to throw around. They'd be better on descents without twisty turns.

I’d actually wish I could just get a frame set and build it up how I want. I’d take a bunch of weight off and I even thought of a longer travel cascade link if and when they make one for it, then an X2 and Fox 40 on it with my 26+ carbon wheels. I think I could drop 5lbs at least. I’m not a fan of the color choices though. I’d like raw carbon.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 12:26 Quote
d-man wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
Maybe romanticizing things a bit in my own rose coloured glasses... but why are people talking about ebikes... I can buy two dual sport bikes for the price of an E and they’ll still be worth something in two years.
I see the ebike demographic being people with great bike handling skills but shit cardio who want to ride trails that their lungs can no longer take them to.
This is partly true but with my crew we are all pretty fit and the e bike is a means to ride 50 kms instead of 25.

Yeah, I just want to be able to double my ride distance and have the ability to self shuttle good DH trails around me. Plus I already have a Moto, (Cr250 2 stroke) and Supermoto, (Husky 450) and like what has already been said, they’re just different. Tracks cost money, gas money, gear, loading and unloading. They’re just not as easy as throwing the bike in the van and going.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 12:40 Quote
Speaking of vans, looking at this later today:

[P=https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/6uUAAOSw~rpftv4o/$_59.JPG size=m align=c][/P]

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 15:23 Quote
I think my thing with ebikes now that's a barrier to entry is the depreciation.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022873
Mobile Version of Website