Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 18:26 Quote
I'd give up all other riding for a full on pro pumptrack on my DJ.

100% best fun i can have. But it has to be a full on pro track.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 18:34 Quote
Axxe wrote:
My reluctance with electric mopeds is because f*ck them.

Hahahaha it's like my words but not me talking about something I don't even have an opinion on. This post is the best thing that's happened to me today

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 19:02 Quote
I’m all for ebikes for other people... just not for me.

There’s tons of them here on the island... definitely the most I’ve seen outside of Europe!

Lots of older folks out which is. awesome sauce. And some young couples too. If it gets people out and they got the money... power to em Salute

Darch (I think a couple of you said you also knew him) went E this year. He just did a ride with 6500’ of elevation at 76 years old. Friggin Rad tup

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 19:20 Quote
My dad keeps talking about buying an e-bike. Maybe I can convince him to actually do it. It might be the only chance to get him back on two wheels of any kind.

As for me, I don't like them simply because they are electronic, and I don't trust spending thousands of dollars for anything electronic. They will break down, short out, or in some other way get f*cked up at some point, just a matter of time. Then there's staying up to date with all the software updates, and once you do enough of those, at some point the control unit will get bricked, and you'll be shelling out for a new one of those, if they still make them! "Sorry, not available anymore, but we can sell you this brand new e-bike..." Same old story with anything that's got a computer in it. That being said, as previously mentioned, if it gets more people out on a bike, maybe people who can't pedal a regular bike, then go for it. Just not my thing, that's all.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 19:20 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I like e bikes for getting more people riding... but I have yet to see anyone outside of pinkbike that fits the "using it to turn 20 miles into 50 miles" idea. Literally every rider I've seen on one is fatter than me, and I'm a far f*ck, and a worse bike handler than me, and I'm terrible. But f*ck it, we all start somewhere and if it's putting wheels on the trails and money in the market I'm cool with it. My ego can handle fat guys ebiking past me uphills and I'm not racing anyone downhills these days.

All that said... I have no idea what kind of market the bullet is intended for. The riders good enough to really use it don't really need it and the riders who need it and are likely to buy it are going to use it to get in over their heads really quickly. I feel like 120mm-160mm sort of welterweight to middleweight range is where they're best suited.

Well looking at Darcy, his friends and my friends who ride ebikes, we all got serious rigs in the 160-180 range and this year we have definitely upped our loops now that we know how to use these and that the technology has jumped up a good notch in battery, motors, rear hubs, proper rubber for rear tire, DH level brakes and 38mm or dual crown forks. these machines will take you on those long ass rides they are just going to be 3-4 hour epics instead of 8 or 9!
The problem remains the same that after 50-60 kilometers in the Rocky Mountains, your arms your hands, your back are also done!

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 19:26 Quote
Ebikes are straight up fun. A few guys around here are fully turning the 25km to 50km rides on the regular. E mtb are nothing like a moped or a moto...except for the price. I have no problem with them at all and would have one if they were more affordable (not to replace my pedal bike but for ebike days).

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 19:28 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I like e bikes for getting more people riding... but I have yet to see anyone outside of pinkbike that fits the "using it to turn 20 miles into 50 miles" idea. Literally every rider I've seen on one is fatter than me, and I'm a far f*ck, and a worse bike handler than me, and I'm terrible. But f*ck it, we all start somewhere and if it's putting wheels on the trails and money in the market I'm cool with it. My ego can handle fat guys ebiking past me uphills and I'm not racing anyone downhills these days.

All that said... I have no idea what kind of market the bullet is intended for. The riders good enough to really use it don't really need it and the riders who need it and are likely to buy it are going to use it to get in over their heads really quickly. I feel like 120mm-160mm sort of welterweight to middleweight range is where they're best suited.

It definitely is getting my fat ass out on rides more often. But I do have a couple very very fit buddies that smash huge rides on them.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 19:29 Quote
jerome wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Well looking at Darcy, his friends and my friends who ride ebikes, we all got serious rigs in the 160-180 range and this year we have definitely upped our loops now that we know how to use these and that the technology has jumped up a good notch in battery, motors, rear hubs, proper rubber for rear tire, DH level brakes and 38mm or dual crown forks. these machines will take you on those long ass rides they are just going to be 3-4 hour epics instead of 8 or 9!
The problem remains the same that after 50-60 kilometers in the Rocky Mountains, your arms your hands, your back are also done!

Dude for real. My back is always worked,

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 19:33 Quote
Speaking of mopeds....

who’s buying a Segway lol

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 19:36 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Dude for real. My back is always worked,

Separate incident from the broken boner... or a related injury

lol lol lol

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 20:25 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Speaking of mopeds....

who’s buying a Segway lol

Dude theres a few of these “ebike” moto hybrids popping up. 150 lbs come with a 20 MPH limit but a 5 minute tech time and they roll 70... crazy fun in the city! Silent assassin

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 20:32 Quote
Broseph

Thinking this thread would make us all a lot more money if we started every post with broseph Geek

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 20:42 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Broseph

Thinking this thread would make us all a lot more money if we started every post with broseph Geek

Or dinglef*ck

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 20:44 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
Broseph

Or dinglef*ck

Dinglef*ck

Bwahahahhaha lol

Winner winner chicken dinner tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022682
Mobile Version of Website