photo

Luna
photo

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 21:15 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
You dinglef*ck Facepalm

That chassis is identical isn’t it?!?!?

https://store.segway.com/segway-dirt-ebike-x260

And electric motorcycle I may actually enjoy - if I get that land in Nevada I had been eyeing..

For mopeds, why the f*ck would I want to turn 20 mile rides to 40 if I actually work out less? And enjoy descents less on those heavy ass pedelecs.

And yes, I know all the differences. Still, e-bikes had been a bad bad development for trail access around here. Landowners see a motor, horse lobby sees a motor, our message of low impact gets thrown out.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 21:16 Quote
I absolutely turned 25 mile rides into 40+ rides.. And the biggest thing... My 60 year old dad did those rides with me. Not only would I be f*cking worked after 40 miles and 7k+ of climbing, but straight up I'd never get to do those with dad anymore.

Plus I jumped my Levo 40'+ and flipped it to the airbag.. I'll flip the SL to dirt and get it documented.

I will probably never own another 160mm dual suspension trail bike.. The Hardtail and a Levo SL will probably happily cover 90% of my riding. I'll see how the Levo SL handles bike park duty. I may build up another alloy beater park bike like the SJ EVO if needed.

Plus wife actually enjoys riding bikes and likes to go mountain biking now that she has a Levo. Best money spent in my opinion if she is stoked on riding.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 21:28 Quote
Broseph, I was going to say, by the time a 29r dual suspension is built "right" with solid wheels, coil suspension, 2 ply tires, good brakes, burly wheels, solid fork, etc. it's like 35+ pounds or more. Yeah I can make a lighter bike but it doesn't have the same feel.

Less trail than that I have a hardtail.

I could see the dual suspension bike turning e, for me at least.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 21:31 Quote
husstler wrote:
Broseph, I was going to say, by the time a 29r dual suspension is built "right" with solid wheels, coil suspension, 2 ply tires, good brakes, burly wheels, solid fork, etc. it's like 35+ pounds or more. Yeah I can make a lighter bike but it doesn't have the same feel.

Less trail than that I have a hardtail.

I could see the dual suspension bike turning e, for me at least.

Yep.. The SJ Evo was 38lbs.. I expect the Levo SL to be under 45 when I get it built the way I want.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 21:32 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Yo Dinglef*ck

Here’s one I was nerding out on this summer

https://lunacycle.com/sur-ron-x-bike-black-edition/

Was looking at the Alta Redshift very seriously, 2 shops in town were trying to set up as dealers then poof they shut down. The most capable looking electric moto so far.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 21:40 Quote
[Quote="Axxe"]
mtnmanjake wrote:
You dinglef*ck Facepalm

And yes, I know all the differences. Still, e-bikes had been a bad bad development for trail access around here. Landowners see a motor, horse lobby sees a motor, our message of low impact gets thrown out.

Yo dinglef*ck broseph's I can see this being an issue, when drones entered the scene, they totally f*cked up the model airplane hobby I enjoy.....my toy f*cking airplanes are now regulated by the f*cking FAA for Christ's sake!

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 21:42 Quote
Yeah they’re all coming out of the same factorylol

But for 3 grand I bet they’re a hoot on the moto trails and such...

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 21:52 Quote
Broseph dinglef*ckers

Been at least seven years since I weighed a bike

Like broseph Huss and dingleberry swan eluded to... the number doesn’t really matter unless it gets in your head

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 21:59 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Broseph

Thinking this thread would make us all a lot more money if we started every post with broseph Geek

I’m down with that broseph. That’s actually what I call my little bro, who’s name is Joseph. lol

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 22:01 Quote
Yeah I would guess my current ride is pushing closer to 40lbs than 30 once I put the 38 on.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 22:03 Quote
Interesting about the model planes... I am not a fan of drones... they are cool for filming things I suppose but the whole pervert at the beach doushbag scene is f*cked.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 22:15 Quote
Brodinglef*ckersephs,

I weigh my bikes, but I don't give a shit about weight anymore. My 5010 is a full pound heavier than my Bronson even though it's a size smaller. Still a better bike that handles better and pops off shit more easily. On the road bike, my fat ass is holding me back way more than my fat bike is. Trying to make it lighter is more about an entertaining project than about performance. I remember back in the heyday of weight weenism and a buddy built a 29lb DH bike, he wound up trading it in for a 40lb DH bike that handled better.

I don't think e bike weight is really an issue... the only reason people bitched about old bikes being heavy was they sucked to pedal to the top, a 200 watt motor ends that problem. Shit, on a 10-15 minute effort i can put out 300+ watts so adding a 200 watt motor would have me closing in on 5w/kg territory pro level climbing. I'd take that all day every day. I'd love to buy one of the road e bikes just to f*ck with local guys that think they're fast. And I think an e utility bike would be dope in small town living. There's definitely a lot of super cool niches for them. I just think the bullet is a miss.

Swan, you're a f*cking unicorn and one of like 17 dudes on earth who bought an e bike and send 40 footers... but your old man and wife are exactly why I think they're awesome. Not a lot of people from the general population want anything to do with really riding a bike beyond just beach cruiser coasting along.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 22:17 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
You dinglef*ck Facepalm

Yo dinglef*ck broseph's I can see this being an issue, when drones entered the scene, they totally f*cked up the model airplane hobby I enjoy.....my toy f*cking airplanes are now regulated by the f*cking FAA for Christ's sake!
There's an empty dirt lot near me where they've built a full on little dirt runway system for rc planes and they've got some super cool shit out there. One dude has a B52 with a wingspan that's gotta be 10-12 foot at least.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.345854
Mobile Version of Website