Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 9:40 Quote
I raced RC cars a long time ago. Raced 10 th scale off road for a bunch year. Raced 10th and 12th scale road course for years in the winter. My bro and I were sponsored driver back in the day. Team Losi for off road chassis, batteries and motors. We sponsored by a pro driver who has his own chassis for the road course cars.

It was awsome but nerve racking because you had to win. No win = no new gear.

Then I found paint ball......played on a full sponsored team. This is way back before electronic controlled guns and such. Same bullshit with winning.

Not sure if I'd ever want any type of performance based handouts ever again.

If I have a hobby or playing a sport ....... for me and the pure enjoyment. Having to win or succeed each time takes the fun out of it imo.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 9:43 Quote
I feel too old for merri-go-rounds and I don’t have a pony. I mean ebike.

Heading back to CA soon. But looks like ski
Season will be no more. :/

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 9:49 Quote
I have seen ebikes get so many people out and about and defo seen it transorm lives. I could sit here all day telling stories of their awesomeness and all that jazz but it seems you guys get it so no more from me. And as far as Fossil Fest is concerned, wouldn't it be ATV in the plane as he is the short shit around here now?? I DID MY TIME FUCKERS!!!!!!!!lol lol lol

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 9:53 Quote
whoadragon wrote:

If I have a hobby or playing a sport ....... for me and the pure enjoyment. Having to win or succeed each time takes the fun out of it imo.

I hear ya. I am pretty competitive by nature, so i always try to raise my game, but at some point, there is diminishing fun and return for those efforts. It's been fun to be proficient at a fairly high level and then to just watch in complete awe as those who are truly pro-level take it to a whole new level. I have the utmost respect for those who can compete (at anything) at a truly pro level. I also stand in the shadows and shake my head at those who are delusional enough to THINK they are pro-level because they are, "sponsored" and watch them lose all the passion they once had for whatever the endeavor happens to be.

I just don't take anything that serious anymore and truly only pursue what I enjoy to a level I enjoy it at.

For instance, getting back to MTB this year after a bunch of years off. There seems to be so much emphasis on FAST. I am not fast, nor did I ever really aspire to be. While I am always trying to raise my skill and fitness level, fast is not one of my goals!

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 10:05 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
whoadragon wrote:

I hear ya. I am pretty competitive by nature, so i always try to raise my game, but at some point, there is diminishing fun and return for those efforts. It's been fun to be proficient at a fairly high level and then to just watch in complete awe as those who are truly pro-level take it to a whole new level. I have the utmost respect for those who can compete (at anything) at a truly pro level. I also stand in the shadows and shake my head at those who are delusional enough to THINK they are pro-level because they are, "sponsored" and watch them lose all the passion they once had for whatever the endeavor happens to be.

I just don't take anything that serious anymore and truly only pursue what I enjoy to a level I enjoy it at.

For instance, getting back to MTB this year after a bunch of years off. There seems to be so much emphasis on FAST. I am not fast, nor did I ever really aspire to be. While I am always trying to raise my skill and fitness level, fast is not one of my goals!

This is actually just about me with MTB racing.. I enjoy being very fast and able to pretty much do anything I see.. But I had a few friends that made the jump to true "Pros" and trying to make a living at it.. They got maybe another 5% better than the level I was riding at, but I watched them start no longer enjoying bikes..

I quickly decided that me riding bikes for a career would have been possible, I wouldn't have enjoyed the pressure to preform. Maybe in the new YouTube Era it could have worked, but that's pressure in a different format.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
Aye, not sure where it comes from. Douches ride all sorts of bikes. Maybe getting passed by some old dude in turbo mode on a climb gets them all salty.

I did see an XC goat absolutely skin some lads on ebikes a while back. That was funny.
Mando riding would suck if I got pissed every time someone passed me. Life is too short and I’m too fat.

Btw, what’s the deal with that Slayer fender you posted on IG? Need more info. That thing is cool af.

The fender is this: Rapid Racer Products - Proguard bolt-on

With decals from here: Vorova RRP Decals

Huge library of logos, can also upload your own.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 11:19 Quote
I built a paper airplane once.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
The fender is this: Rapid Racer Products - Proguard bolt-on

With decals from here: Vorova RRP Decals

Huge library of logos, can also upload your own.
Nice. Thanks man. That fender looks way better than most. Also, I’ve got a bit of an addiction to decals...

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 11:24 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
I have seen ebikes get so many people out and about and defo seen it transorm lives. I could sit here all day telling stories of their awesomeness and all that jazz but it seems you guys get it so no more from me. And as far as Fossil Fest is concerned, wouldn't it be ATV in the plane as he is the short shit around here now?? I DID MY TIME FUCKERS!!!!!!!!lol lol lol

One of those things had a 120cc engine, hell yea strap me on it I'll ride that f*cker and if I do f*ck the drone filming hand me a camera !!!

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 11:29 Quote
Why am I picturing Ralph S. Mouse

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 11:51 Quote
What’s more socially acceptable

1. Putting Leo in the RC Plane
2. Putting the kiddos in the RC plane
3. Adding a servo or two to drop bags of flaming poo from the plane

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:00 Quote
Hell, I could be the bombardier also !

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:13 Quote
I like where Fossil Fest is going for 2021!!! lol

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:45 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
What’s more socially acceptable

1. Putting Leo in the RC Plane
2. Putting the kiddos in the RC plane
3. Adding a servo or two to drop bags of flaming poo from the plane

Haha. Option 3 is tempting. I was looking at a servo release mechanism for my drone.

Go drop some bags in chavs in the park.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:56 Quote
In all likelihood, fossil fest 2021 will be a zoom meeting where heelie has a few too many beer waters, forgets his camera is on while he puts on his shark outfit to sing and dance along to

Baaaaaaaaaaby shark do doo di doti doo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.066193
Mobile Version of Website