Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 5:55 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Looks great shred!

I'm wanting to eliminate as much of the over seas manufactured parts on my bikes as possible over the next year or so. What brands do you all like that are made in North America?

I tried to do some of this on my bike I'm putting together and trying to be more mindful with my other purchases I've been making lately.

WR1, I9 hubs, NSB-chromag bits, CK headset, wolftooth stuff for my commuter, King cages, and a Canadian made frame, and I bought a pair of NF pants. It's not always that much more $ to get NA made once you're looking at the higher quality stuff anyway.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
Are there many?

MRP
We are one

Maybe easier to move to Taiwan so none of your stuff comes from overseaslol
PAUL
White industries
NSB
Some of the Chromag bits
Thomson.
Chris King
I9
Onyx
Enve
Some Raceface

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 6:57 Quote
hey guys....just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Wishing all of you, and your families, the very best from ours. Hope you all have an enjoyable day and that you all get some good family time, riding time, or simply some whatever-the-eff-you-want time. tup Salute

I appreciate you letting me hang around these here parts..lol...it's been a hoot. You are an amazing group of dudes. Love the stories, am in awe of the skills and experience, and am humbled by the talent in this room.

oh...and a special thanks to mtnmanjake....Baby Shark theme stuck in my head again Eek and I haven't even watched that vid you chucked out there. will do that now...

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 7:20 Quote
adm750 wrote:
hey guys....just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Wishing all of you, and your families, the very best from ours. Hope you all have an enjoyable day and that you all get some good family time, riding time, or simply some whatever-the-eff-you-want time. tup Salute

I appreciate you letting me hang around these here parts..lol...it's been a hoot. You are an amazing group of dudes. Love the stories, am in awe of the skills and experience, and am humbled by the talent in this room.

I was just going to post the EXACT same thing! 750 took the words right off my keyboard!

I have only recently found this thread and do not really know any of you personally, but the talent and the vibe in here is as real as it gets ANYWHERE, and for that I am thankful, as it is becoming rare these days.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL! I know it seems like we all do a lot of bitching in here, (it's what old guys do, right? I mean, we have earned the right to bitch, right? Big Grin ) but I hope everyone here is able to spend this day/weekend relaxing with those they love and truly take time to give thanks for all that we do have!

Cheers! Beer

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 7:29 Quote
So this is how out of touch I am... didn’t know it was turkeys day till wife told me yesterday.... knew it was close but ... you know.

Don’t eat too much dinner .... you’ll ruin your dessert!

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 7:43 Quote
Oh yeah, happy TG to our American friends here, I forgot about it as well.Salute

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
greywolf999 wrote:
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
What's the best music for edits and why is it metal?

LOL

What makes you want to get out and rip shit up more than listening to some metal? I listen to thrash at work all the time just to get me through the day!

That was perfect! the video is pretty funny.

Happy American Thanksgiving, I hope you don't roll too much after the feast.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 8:05 Quote
Happy Thanks Giving everyone!!

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 8:11 Quote
obee1 wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
Jesse Munden...remember the name. Friendly, respectful, humble and is a killer rider. His dad and I ride together all the time and his older bro is my co-coach. This family shreds.

and that folks, is a perfect mtn bike video.

I really like how they didn't make the kids look like "bros". Jesse is 15 and I think the other fella is 14/15 also. It was just two kids who shred riding bikes. At the risk of gushing on this kid...but all of us old ballz talk about how we want to be like him when we grow up.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 8:34 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
do you have any plans for a run of overlord stems at any point?

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
I love that colorway.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 8:52 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
do you have any plans for a run of overlord stems at any point?

I see

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 8:55 Quote
Yea for Turkey Day, everyone enjoy !!!

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 8:56 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I love that colorway.
t

i love seeing green bikes or that camo bike army designed as well. i know that a share of photographers lament about how green bikes don't show well with a natural canopy in the background. but you shouldnt decide your colour schemes based on much poser potential the bike has.

i think shreds raw frame with the f*ckin leather seat is the nicest looking bike ive seen all year. it reminds me of those old porsche 356 convertibles that regularly remained raw metal and leather upholstery.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
the best

happy gobble gobble day!

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023508
Mobile Version of Website