Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 9:37 Quote
adm750 wrote:
lol lol lol

"after some heavy senditure...."

that dude is a riot to watch...!!

No need to explain the missing tooth, that one's easy to understand, but wtf is going on with that garage door Eek

If I recall, he's actually got a TON of cool sh*t in there...! Looks like a block to keep it from opening (that anvil looking thing on the ground in front of the door...)

It's been years since I had enough time to find a free bike and kill it but it looks like fun.

We did that in my university days, I would get abandoned bikes from the trash pile at the bike shop where I worked and we would ride them into the ground and drink.

Oh, to have enough free time to be bored and inventive again ...

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 9:46 Quote
that's awesome Huss....

I can just hear you now "hey guys....I got the bikes, someone get pizza and beer..." lol

....that was the only way I even had bikes when I was a kid.... finding discarded stuff and making up bmx bikes and shit.... lol...

and yes, oh to have that much free time...

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 9:59 Quote

Three stories high ...

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
I spent a lot of time in Jasper as a kid/young man. They have a white bike program which is basically a bunch of bikes painted white that are everyone and no one's bikes. It was like hitting the frickin lottery when you found one of these beaters on the way home from the pub.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 11:43 Quote
Hey Crisco that program was awesome in Jasper. Too funny you mention it it was run out of my garage for 2 years. I donated the space and helped out once in a while to fix but mainly let them fix the beaters in the garage for free. That was in 1991-1992. And for the love of me I can not remember dudes name who ran the program ????????. They used to fix some wrecks after people tried to ride them home after the bar. It was a pretty cool program they had going.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 11:50 Quote
Those videos are hilarious! I'll be watching more of those later.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 15:10 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
I spent a lot of time in Jasper as a kid/young man. They have a white bike program which is basically a bunch of bikes painted white that are everyone and no one's bikes. It was like hitting the frickin lottery when you found one of these beaters on the way home from the pub.

thats funny because the white bikes everywhere else were painted and left as mementos to honour people who got killed in car accidents.
geez i hope that jasper wasn't operating under the same intention while you young hooligans were riding dead guy bikes...
knock wood

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 15:57 Quote
Yeah OBeee, first thing I thought was ghost bikes. Sounds like an alternate reality in Jasper.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 16:21 Quote
husstler wrote:
Sounds like an alternate reality in Jasper.

You are not wrong.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 16:23 Quote
obee1 wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:

thats funny because the white bikes everywhere else were painted and left as mementos to honour people who got killed in car accidents.
geez i hope that jasper wasn't operating under the same intention while you young hooligans were riding dead guy bikes...
knock wood
Huh no kidding, did not know that.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 16:28 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
husstler wrote:
Sounds like an alternate reality in Jasper.

You are not wrong.

One of my wife's friends spent a few years living in Jasper and she's definitely in her own world. I think she fit in there.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 20:05 Quote
I hate to be a bummer but looks like our lab/ridgeback isn't going to make it much longer. She started going down hill last Thursday. I am heartbroken, the wife is in some kind of denial. I know she will need to be put down. I am so bummed.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 20:29 Quote
Sorry man thats a hard one.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 20:42 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
I hate to be a bummer but looks like our lab/ridgeback isn't going to make it much longer. She started going down hill last Thursday. I am heartbroken, the wife is in some kind of denial. I know she will need to be put down. I am so bummed.

Don't put your wife down just because she is in denial...

In all seriousness, enjoy the moments you have left with your dog, it is always hard to lose a faithful companion.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.035544
Mobile Version of Website