Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 11:35 Quote
obee1 wrote:

i know a lot of s. africans -from rugby mostly, and those dudes don't f*cking play around. the idea that their homeland has a curfew and no alcohol is like a plot of the most unimaginable movie ever made.

my neighbour went to a poker game a all six players got a thousand dollar ticket each because some c*nt called bylaw on them. i'm already surprised that the bylaw officer made it out with his life but if alcohol was also banned they mos def woulda pieced him up.

and heck yeah...S. African dudes be like "banning what !?!? come again !?!?! Eek "

try to ban alcohol up in LA where I'm at (Lower Akron) bitch and someone's gonna be in a shallow hole out in a cornfield....

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 11:41 Quote
adm750 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Damn if I wasn’t down to 6’- 190 lbs right before the snapperz... ballooned up to 215....uhhhhh. Moobs are strong with this one.

press 1 for "moob pics!"

press 2 for "ewwwww....

Cum again?

photo

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 11:43 Quote
that just happened didn't it

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 11:58 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
That’s what I was thinking.
I think feral cat wouldn’t taste very good but I don’t know. Taste like chicken? Have to ask China I’d guess. Lol

Was part of a discussion yesterday, where a leopard grabbed a stray dog at some campsite. Turns out that leopards love eating dogs. Also similar comment made about having to eat dog as some eastern countries do!

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
adm750 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Damn if I wasn’t down to 6’- 190 lbs right before the snapperz... ballooned up to 215....uhhhhh. Moobs are strong with this one.

press 1 for "moob pics!"

press 2 for "ewwwww....

Cum again?

Dude, get a 'BRO' for those things before they give you a black eye!

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 12:48 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
Damn, it is always a sufferfest, but when I was lighter it was manageable. I am 6'2" weigh 110kg(242) now, trying to make 20kg disappear is hard. About 4 years ago I had a tennis ball size growth removed from my guts. Weighed around 80kg when I got back on the bike. Man, it was easy to climb then. Have since been binge eating and well....
2 Weeks ago I did a 70km road ride and lost 2kg. F me it has a very tough ride.
Yeah, I tend towards the George Henderson school of "it doesn't get easier, you just go faster" so i can't say climbing is ever easy but I definitely used to make it up quicker.

Keep up that volume though and you'll get it sorted. That's really the key, at least in my experience. Your body will catch on after awhile and start catching up to your training.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 13:01 Quote
So, where are we? Ajax, praying for the best! At around 165 lbs I too hate climbing but it has to be done around here as shuttling is a pain and a lot of trails just can't be done. Shred, not sure who that dude on Insta is but I follow him so he must be cool? Prolly just some rando trying to get famous or some shit. And ADM, you are lying, there are no hills in Iowa, just valleys and ravines! I remember going there skiing one year and we roll up to the lodge and there's not even a f*cking hill!! You skied down into this valley and then lift back up. Sucked even worse cuz I didn't bring my shaped skis and all they had were 200's or some shit and I felt like it was my first time all over again and I had been skiing a ton that year. And Fredro! Good on you brother!! Wish I could spend more time with my Mom but work and stuff happens often. Enjoy it while you can, Shred, you too as well.

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:01 Quote
Thanks for the summary heelie! We lost power and everything in the wind last night so I’m a bit behind...

sending the positive vibes to all y’all through the good and bad Salute

Ajax I think I’m your Height and weight twin... though I haven’t weighed myself in a couple years

Climbs are fine if they reward... boring undulating stuff kills me... that said I’m a huge fan of the Slickrock trail even though it undulates because it rewards over and over and over

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:06 Quote
New tires, dropper and lever. New Wolf Tooth light action lever is amazeballs.
New Honcho s and new 5 dropper installed. Much excite.
New Honcho s and new 5 dropper installed. Much excite.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:09 Quote
Me too. Need to figure out what next bike is so I can make two out of two. Swap what I want off this and then rebuild to a FS whip. Want to send me one?

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:09 Quote
My son just picked up this as a EDC. Pretty impressed so far.

photo

https://www.crkt.com/homefront.html

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:12 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Me too. Need to figure out what next bike is so I can make two out of two. Swap what I want off this and then rebuild to a FS whip. Want to send me one?

Leave this one alone though, she looks complete

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:18 Quote
Yeah but I want the fork on the FS as HT life is getting old. Maybe I'll just snag another from the buy/sell.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:26 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Yeah but I want the fork on the FS as HT life is getting old. Maybe I'll just snag another from the buy/sell.

Love the balance of it, old ass hardtail out back, funky new tech up front

But, yes, needs are such

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.055562
Mobile Version of Website