Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 16:04 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
New tires, dropper and lever. New Wolf Tooth light action lever is amazeballs.

Don't forget frame protection....sidewalk rash is real, bro!

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 16:18 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
My son just picked up this as a EDC. Pretty impressed so far.

https://www.crkt.com/homefront.html

cool idea about the quick field stripping. nice knife. looking forward to a 6 month review.
dragon i spoiled myself over xmas with a benchmade bailout tanto blade. its half the thickness of any other folding knife i own, and half the weight as well. which initially sold me on the choice, but now its so f*cking light that i cannot tell when its in a pocket. which sounds silly but drives me nuts if i cant do a quick kit check while on the move. if that makes sense. otherwise its a helluva knife.

https://www.benchmade.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=bailout+tanto+

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 16:19 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Yeah but I want the fork on the FS as HT life is getting old. Maybe I'll just snag another from the buy/sell.

Have prices gone down on Trust forks yet?

What's the long term service situation look like? I think at a certain level when you're working on it suspension is suspension ...

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 16:26 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Ha!

our lady of disappointing dirt naps would make for a great fender decal. dude just imagine the great photo ops.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
New tires, dropper and lever. New Wolf Tooth light action lever is amazeballs.[/PI]
New Honcho s and new 5 dropper installed. Much excite.

what is it with you and purple pedals....?

remember...there were yours....(terrible picture.... they're purple...really...I promise)

pedal rebuild

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 17:43 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
New tires, dropper and lever. New Wolf Tooth light action lever is amazeballs.

Don't forget frame protection....sidewalk rash is real, bro!

Bwahahaha

Heelie... you get back in that saddle... it’s been a while... I promise she won’t buck this time lol

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 17:57 Quote
Well f*ck 2021. I am ready to go back to 2020..

A huge Pine came through the corner of our house this mourning. Royally f*cked the entire corner of the house and ripped half the porch off the front of the house. Broke and pushed the foundation of the house around.

Smashed in the roof of a Ford Excursion that I have as a flip that wasn't insured.

Truck Injector control module died today while trying to get the truck fired up to go get the trailer and tractor to pick things up.

House took a beating today.

My box trailer was sitting at dads property and had the start of my mobile bike shop build out and the trailer got completely crushed... And it wasn't insured..

Mother in laws house got center punched as well and she has branches into her living room..

A little overwhelmed with today overall... I usually drink my sorrows away with water beer.. But its a scotch type of night and a early wake and full day of work tomorrow.

What a clusterf*ck.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 18:07 Quote
Shit Swan! So sorry to see that. There was a ton of downed tree related damage and power outages stemming from last nights' wind storm.

Hopefully the damage will look better through scotch-tainted glasses!

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 18:13 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Shit Swan! So sorry to see that. There was a ton of downed tree related damage and power outages stemming from last nights' wind storm.

The wife took the dog today while I was dealing with getting the tree off dad's shop and while I was having an absolute melt down.. I realized how much my dog is keeping me from going off the edge on the daily. I legitimately thing I could register her as a therapy dog, because she is what keeps me together.. Lol

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 18:20 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:

The wife took the dog today while I was dealing with getting the tree off dad's shop and while I was having an absolute melt down.. I realized how much my dog is keeping me from going off the edge on the daily. I legitimately thing I could register her as a therapy dog, because she is what keeps me together.. Lol
f*ck bro, tough break on the house. I'm glad nobody got hurt, that's some serious damage.

And I feel you 100% on the dog... I'd probably be in jail if not for Gideon.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 18:21 Quote
Holy crap,it is like 2020 never left the Old Balls thread!
Crappy luck there for sure. We had a big front go through today, might have been part of the same system.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 18:28 Quote
Holy shit Swan. That's nuts.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 18:29 Quote
Gawd damn all the fams houses got smashed?!?!

Thats f*cking harsh swan. Im sorry man.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 18:39 Quote
That's harsh Swan ! Glad to read no one was hurt ! Keep your chin up bro', everyone on here is thinking of you and your family !

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv23 0.025086
Mobile Version of Website